Splatdashing, An Advanced technique

Cynlet

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Guantcynlet
Onion posted a vid a short while ago:

Maybe you should add it to original post onion
Thanks, now I shall use this to seek the ULTIMATE power. Can't wait till the next Global test fire, yes, the day where I will not get rekt is coming!!

gameonion

Full Squid
NNID
gameonion
I think it should be used as a defensive tool.
You can get back your area while running away, it's pretty useful.
And in bad situations, you still have your ranged attack and your sub-weapon, which is different than the roller's sub. Same for special-weapon. It even fills when you get back territory. It's basically a win-win strategy.

I will experiment with it again later today.

gameonion

Full Squid
NNID
gameonion
Oh well look who it is. Looks like you're getting the "not useful" answer here too. Thanks for deleting my comments, btw.
Oh... that was you?
If yes, I want to take my time to apologize, it just came over as mean to me. I did delete them because it looked like you were ignoring my arguments.
Anyways, if that's your opinion, I don't mind.
We shouldn't fight over a game man.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
Oh well look who it is. Looks like you're getting the "not useful" answer here too. Thanks for deleting my comments, btw.
lol what? did you read the whole thread? We already said it might be faster than splat hopping man. That's definitely useful.

Mondrae205

Senior Squid
So if its about as fast as splatterhopping why would you ever splatterhop? The trail of ink you leave behind is really good compared to the pools when you splatterhop.

Galaxian

Inkling
NNID
Galax1an
So the basics of this is just ink shot the ground, squid, jump, inkshot where you're landing, go back to squid, jump, rinse and repeat?

Doesn't sound too hard, actually. I'll have to remember to try this out. Should it work with the Splattershot?

GamingWarthog

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GamingWarthog
I think Splatdashing will have its
So if its about as fast as splatterhopping why would you ever splatterhop? The trail of ink you leave behind is really good compared to the pools when you splatterhop.
Splathopping could still see usage as a way of moving through the enemy team's ink quickly in order to backdoor or ambush them, since small patches of ink are less noticeable than a whole trail. If the enemy sees you, you should switch to a different movement option, but it's useful for sneaking through their turf to an important area.

So the basics of this is just ink shot the ground, squid, jump, inkshot where you're landing, go back to squid, jump, rinse and repeat?

Doesn't sound too hard, actually. I'll have to remember to try this out. Should it work with the Splattershot?
It only works with Splattershot type weapons actually, Rollers and Chargeshots aren't fast enough to do it.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
Thus why i said in the splatterhop thread this could overtake it. However it is also harder to perform correctly i think. So maybe lower level play will use hop and higher will use dash.

I think that;s s-hopping you're thinking of. In this one you don't jump, as seen below:

toadster101

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0022-0027-5937
It looks cool, but it doesn't seem very effective for Turf War. You release more ink just by walking around while shooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom