1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by SquidKid85, Jan 14, 2017.

?

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

Poll closed May 14, 2017.
  1. New Weapons

8 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. New Stages

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. New Specials

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  4. New Character Customization Options

16 vote(s)
    15.8%
  5. New Modes

9 vote(s)
    8.9%
  6. The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  7. EVERYTHING!!!

55 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. Spaceswitchmars

Spaceswitchmars Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    _funmars
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0556-1305-6031
    Patch notes translated:

Dewnose likes this.
  2. Cephalobro

Cephalobro Inkling Fleet Admiral

N'Zap 85 buff?! Yes! That means I can scare Clash Blasters away a little easier.

3. Spaceswitchmars

Spaceswitchmars Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    _funmars
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0556-1305-6031
    Nothing can scare a clash blaster away. Those guys will keep walking forward at you and still get their signature post-death trade after you really kind of killed them fair and square.

RocketsTail and Ansible like this.
  4. Dewnose

Dewnose Inkling Cadet

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-1493-3741-2812
    Looks interesting; most of those shooter buffs were just speeding up your actions, so shooters can all fire-strafe better now. I’m liking the look of the Inkbrush buff though.

5. Cephalobro

Either way, I'm glad shooters are getting their much needed quick succession buffs.

Dewnose likes this.
  6. Saber

Saber Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Saber
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0369-4203-0233
    Toxic mist buff and point sensor buffs are interesting....but I do feel more work needs to go into balancing them.....before they

But, that Beacon buff is insane!!! allowing beacons tbeing able to be used mutliples time greatly increase it's effectiveness, this with sub up will allow at least half your team, see the enemy nearby the beacon and then, get back into battle instantly, and easily counter a push or provide are 3v1 flank of an enemy team if done right, I am really exccited about this since 2 of my non meta favorites (aka the CE-liter, and Vanilla tenta brella) use these subs really well

7. Metasepia

Metasepia Inkling Cadet

I'm pretty sure the Tenta is becoming a much more main stream meta weapon, especially in Clamz.

Enperry likes this.
  8. MindWanderer

MindWanderer Inkling Commander

NNID:
    MindWanderer
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5961-6763-3987
    Tri-Slosher became a Light weapon? I'll definitely be using that a bit more. And the Custom Jr. can spam Inkstorm even more.

And yeah, multi-use Beakons will definitely see more use. I always worry when I use one that whoever planted it had something specific in mind.

9. Cephalobro

Also, gear gotten through Nintendo Switch news can be ordered through Murch, now all they have to do is have the same thing happen to gear that have to put in codes on the Nintendo eShop and region exclusivity is a thing of the past (that is a good thing).

MissingNumbers likes this.
  10. MINKUKEL

MINKUKEL Inkling Fleet Admiral

Every patch, spamming Ink Storm with the Custom Jr. becomes a little smoother. I approve, I guess.

11. Metasepia

Metasepia Inkling Cadet

NGYES! Angler Fish mask with Comeback; here I come!
    {And Lil' Devil horns with Quick spawn but those are the only Splatoween clothing articles I liked}

Enperry likes this.
  12. Gameboy224

Gameboy224 Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Gameboy224
    Kind of glad the Ultra Stamp turned out to be a lot more janky than I expected. Start up time and the delay for the first stamp really make it so you can't use this thing in the heat. Also, you are still very much vulnerable from the front if people outrange you, it's also slow so you're not gonna win any chases unless you corner somebody.

#6132 Gameboy224, Nov 7, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    RocketsTail likes this.
  13. EastWest

EastWest Inkling

NNID:
    EastWest
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3211-5108-2053
    This update is huge, and I’m so excited for the new Salmon Run map (which I won’t get to play until late tomorrow ) I am liking that this update really suggests at a larger volume of additional weapons that are either ready or in the works. I get this feeling we may see a trickle of weapons through the end of the Splatfests in 2019, and wouldn’t be at all surprised if its a third variant to weapons we have currently (honestly tho give us the ballpoint and explosher variants already tho like...Nautilus, Bloblobber...there’s just too many more)
    Anyway..
    New sub is awesome, and I’m already completing my gearset for Kensa Jr in place of some Custom Jr play.

New special has yet to prove itself, but I can vibe with it for coordinated pushes.

Tri-Slosher, notably, feels like it is where it should be with that slight buff to overall speed.

One thing I also noticed while playing around with these new weapons is that the strafe speed while shooting with my Jr now feels almost indistinguishable from sub strafing speed...as if that 4/60 seconds buff to consecutive action speed really makes a difference.. Would love anyone else’s thoughts or even raw numbers on this...

ϛ(°³°)/` likes this.
  14. ϛ(°³°)/`

ϛ(°³°)/` Inkling Commander

So I’ve played around with the new sub and special a little, and I found out some interesting things.

The Torpedo will travel through the air until an enemy is within its radius, as which point it freezes midair, opens up, aims, and travels to the location that player was in. The opponent gets a ring around their feet, much like the Tenta Missiles indicator when they’re being tracked; I’ll make the bold assumption that cold blooded affects this as much as it does Tenta Missiles as well.

If the Torpedo hits a surface before an opponent comes within its range, it will not open up and will instead roll along the ground; it does not leave a trail of ink while it does this. After rolling for a set period of time, it bursts once, with roughly the same size of an explosion as the Fizzy Bomb. You also leave a strangely large patch of ink at your feet when you throw this sub.

If the Torpedo locks onto a target, it travels in a straight line and will not redirect itself if the opponent moves. Once locked on, hitting a surface causes it to explode AND send out several small pellets in a circle around the point of impact. The Torpedo, whether it’s rolled or locks on, deals 60 damage for a point blank burst and 30 for a near miss. Each smaller pellet deals 16 damage. It is possible to be hit by the explosion and any number of pellets, with 1-2 being common for 76 and 92 damage respectively. Sub power up seems to only increase the throwing distance - I’m not sure about the tracking radius.

All in all, it’s really neat and should provide some interesting tactical options. I prefer it to the Autobomb and Fizzy Bomb already, but I’ve played around with it for literally ten minutes and I’m sleep deprived, so I’m off to bed. Happy splatting!

#6134 ϛ(°³°)/`, Nov 7, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    JikahDonut, Ansible and Dessgeega like this.
  15. MindWanderer

MindWanderer Inkling Commander

NNID:
    MindWanderer
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5961-6763-3987
    No, the update means that if you see someone wearing them in the Plaza, you can order them. They won't appear in the SplatNet store, so no random abilities.

16. Dewnose

Dewnose Inkling Cadet

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-1493-3741-2812
    No, it does also say they’ll appear on Splatnet.

the and ϛ(°³°)/` like this.
  17. Cephalobro

I can see content updates ending off with a bang, like one last huge update for Splatoon 2 to end it off while paving the way for Smash.

18. ϛ(°³°)/`

ϛ(°³°)/` Inkling Commander

Waluigi confirmed for 4.3.0.

Enperry and Ansible like this.
  19. BirdAndreo

BirdAndreo Senior Squid

They messed Cold Blooded text? I'm italian but i guess it happened in every version?

20. RocketsTail

RocketsTail Inkling Cadet

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2874-2863-4789
    I’m kinda on the fence about the new SR map. Low tide and high tide feels weird on this stage. I know with high tide you’re generally not given much space to work with but on this map, it feels even more cramped. Low tide is also awkward because of how spaced out everything seems. Even with the grind rails, it seems to take a while to get from point A to B. I will say that Grillers on this map are pretty funny. Once you collect your quota, you really can just avoid them by riding the rails for the rest of the wave. It’s a cool looking map, but playing it is a different story. Maybe I need to get used to it.

xXShadeXx and Ansible like this.