• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
N'Zap 85 buff?! Yes! That means I can scare Clash Blasters away a little easier.
Nothing can scare a clash blaster away. Those guys will keep walking forward at you and still get their signature post-death trade after you really kind of killed them fair and square.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
Looks interesting; most of those shooter buffs were just speeding up your actions, so shooters can all fire-strafe better now. I’m liking the look of the Inkbrush buff though.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Toxic mist buff and point sensor buffs are interesting....but I do feel more work needs to go into balancing them.....before they

But, that Beacon buff is insane!!! allowing beacons tbeing able to be used mutliples time greatly increase it's effectiveness, this with sub up will allow at least half your team, see the enemy nearby the beacon and then, get back into battle instantly, and easily counter a push or provide are 3v1 flank of an enemy team if done right, I am really exccited about this since 2 of my non meta favorites (aka the CE-liter, and Vanilla tenta brella) use these subs really well

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Tri-Slosher became a Light weapon? I'll definitely be using that a bit more. And the Custom Jr. can spam Inkstorm even more.

And yeah, multi-use Beakons will definitely see more use. I always worry when I use one that whoever planted it had something specific in mind.

Cephalobro

Also, gear gotten through Nintendo Switch news can be ordered through Murch, now all they have to do is have the same thing happen to gear that have to put in codes on the Nintendo eShop and region exclusivity is a thing of the past (that is a good thing).

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Every patch, spamming Ink Storm with the Custom Jr. becomes a little smoother. I approve, I guess.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Also, gear gotten through Nintendo Switch news can be ordered through Murch, now all they have to do is have the same thing happen to gear that have to put in codes on the Nintendo eShop and region exclusivity is a thing of the past (that is a good thing).
NGYES! Angler Fish mask with Comeback; here I come!
{And Lil' Devil horns with Quick spawn but those are the only Splatoween clothing articles I liked}

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Kind of glad the Ultra Stamp turned out to be a lot more janky than I expected. Start up time and the delay for the first stamp really make it so you can't use this thing in the heat. Also, you are still very much vulnerable from the front if people outrange you, it's also slow so you're not gonna win any chases unless you corner somebody.

Last edited:

EastWest

Inkling
NNID
EastWest
Switch Friend Code
SW-3211-5108-2053
This update is huge, and I’m so excited for the new Salmon Run map (which I won’t get to play until late tomorrow ) I am liking that this update really suggests at a larger volume of additional weapons that are either ready or in the works. I get this feeling we may see a trickle of weapons through the end of the Splatfests in 2019, and wouldn’t be at all surprised if its a third variant to weapons we have currently (honestly tho give us the ballpoint and explosher variants already tho like...Nautilus, Bloblobber...there’s just too many more)
Anyway..
New sub is awesome, and I’m already completing my gearset for Kensa Jr in place of some Custom Jr play.

New special has yet to prove itself, but I can vibe with it for coordinated pushes.

Tri-Slosher, notably, feels like it is where it should be with that slight buff to overall speed.

One thing I also noticed while playing around with these new weapons is that the strafe speed while shooting with my Jr now feels almost indistinguishable from sub strafing speed...as if that 4/60 seconds buff to consecutive action speed really makes a difference.. Would love anyone else’s thoughts or even raw numbers on this...

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
So I’ve played around with the new sub and special a little, and I found out some interesting things.

The Torpedo will travel through the air until an enemy is within its radius, as which point it freezes midair, opens up, aims, and travels to the location that player was in. The opponent gets a ring around their feet, much like the Tenta Missiles indicator when they’re being tracked; I’ll make the bold assumption that cold blooded affects this as much as it does Tenta Missiles as well.

If the Torpedo hits a surface before an opponent comes within its range, it will not open up and will instead roll along the ground; it does not leave a trail of ink while it does this. After rolling for a set period of time, it bursts once, with roughly the same size of an explosion as the Fizzy Bomb. You also leave a strangely large patch of ink at your feet when you throw this sub.

If the Torpedo locks onto a target, it travels in a straight line and will not redirect itself if the opponent moves. Once locked on, hitting a surface causes it to explode AND send out several small pellets in a circle around the point of impact. The Torpedo, whether it’s rolled or locks on, deals 60 damage for a point blank burst and 30 for a near miss. Each smaller pellet deals 16 damage. It is possible to be hit by the explosion and any number of pellets, with 1-2 being common for 76 and 92 damage respectively. Sub power up seems to only increase the throwing distance - I’m not sure about the tracking radius.

All in all, it’s really neat and should provide some interesting tactical options. I prefer it to the Autobomb and Fizzy Bomb already, but I’ve played around with it for literally ten minutes and I’m sleep deprived, so I’m off to bed. Happy splatting!

Last edited:

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
NGYES! Angler Fish mask with Comeback; here I come!
{And Lil' Devil horns with Quick spawn but those are the only Splatoween clothing articles I liked}
No, the update means that if you see someone wearing them in the Plaza, you can order them. They won't appear in the SplatNet store, so no random abilities.

Cephalobro

I can see content updates ending off with a bang, like one last huge update for Splatoon 2 to end it off while paving the way for Smash.

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
I’m kinda on the fence about the new SR map. Low tide and high tide feels weird on this stage. I know with high tide you’re generally not given much space to work with but on this map, it feels even more cramped. Low tide is also awkward because of how spaced out everything seems. Even with the grind rails, it seems to take a while to get from point A to B. I will say that Grillers on this map are pretty funny. Once you collect your quota, you really can just avoid them by riding the rails for the rest of the wave. It’s a cool looking map, but playing it is a different story. Maybe I need to get used to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom