1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by SquidKid85, Jan 14, 2017.

?

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

Poll closed May 14, 2017.
  1. New Weapons

8 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. New Stages

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. New Specials

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  4. New Character Customization Options

16 vote(s)
    15.8%
  5. New Modes

9 vote(s)
    8.9%
  6. The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  7. EVERYTHING!!!

55 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. EastWest

EastWest Inkling

NNID:
    EastWest
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3211-5108-2053
    If you have over a thousand hours in the game and you DON’T have something that’s “perfect” or “pure” then you may be playing wrong. I have randomly rolled three subs perfectly multiple times.
    Getting “pure” gear is especially easy with the honestly insane amount of chunks you can grind simply playing Salmon Run. Marry that with tickets that are just as easily obtainable, and you have a massive chance (relatively) to roll a specific ability.
    I, too, am in the camp that believes it was not just gear that tripped the system.

Ansible, MissingNumbers and Enperry like this.
  2. Metasepia

Metasepia Inkling Cadet

So, on the topic of patch 4.2.0 coming up {lel}, what do you people think will get nerfed and buffed? I saw some competitive players asking for a Charger nerf because Stingray spam, Dualies are still some of the best slayers, and Brellas (notably Tenta) are increasing in usage in Comp. And what do U want to change meta wise in Splatoon?

3. Cephalobro

Cephalobro Inkling Fleet Admiral

I want the Dualie Squelchers nerfed in some way, as of right now. Both variants are way too good compared to other Dualies. The range on these are simply ridiculous when paired up with their current subs and specials. Also either increase ink consumption on the Clash Blaster, or decrease its damage output.

Enperry likes this.
  4. Enperry

Enperry Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    ssjplt
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0405-1788-8108
    I think decreasing rof by 10% would work for both of these.

Cephalobro likes this.
  5. Spaceswitchmars

Spaceswitchmars Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    _funmars
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0556-1305-6031
    A slight nerf for sting ray is probably a good idea -- points to special, maybe. Overall, the meta is in a really good place right now. I kind of don't want anything to change. I'm happy with the balance. My hope is they don't overreact to anything.

Ansible and EastWest like this.
  6. Coolkid

Coolkid Inkling Cadet

i don't see why people hate the dualie squelchers? it's not a weapon that i always found annoying to deal with or anything unless you got to battle against 4 of them and your team has only short ranged weapons...this literally happend to me once and i hated that match >~>

7. Enperry

NNID:
    ssjplt
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0405-1788-8108
    I really just hope we don't get a crap nerf like we did in 3.0 with the Sprinkler. WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER NERF LIKE THAT. R.I.P. Sprinkler.

Ansible and Spaceswitchmars like this.
  8. Gameboy224

Gameboy224 Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Gameboy224
    Yah, same. Overall the weapon isn't screaming OP.

The only thing I can sort of say might be a bit too good is maybe its strafing speed and the roll ink consumption.

As far as strafing goes, it has much better strafing than the Splattershot Pro, both being a 24 frame splat with the same range. The only thing offsetting it is the Squelcher's worse accuracy outside of rolls. It's strafing honestly should be cut down a bit, maybe not quite to Pro tier but certainly less than it currently is.

And in regards to the roll consumption. It was comparatively fine when Splat Dualies still had their's at 6%, but now that is upped to 9%, it still having a 5% ink consumption is just off. The dodge roll on the Squelcher isn't even bad, it's pretty similar to the Splat Dualies. Should probably be nerfed to somewhere between 6%~8%.
    (Even before they nerfed the Splat Dualies roll cost, I honestly thought the Dualie Squelcher's should've had the same 6% ink cost.)

#6088 Gameboy224, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    Dessgeega likes this.
  9. MINKUKEL

MINKUKEL Inkling Fleet Admiral

Sprinkler back to normal.

That's it. That's all I want.

ultra777, Raumdeuter, Ansible and 4 others like this.
  10. Spaceswitchmars

NNID:
    _funmars
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0556-1305-6031
    And then we can all watch the vanilla.96 ascend. I approve.

11. Ansible

Ansible Squid Savior From the Future
    Community Ambassador

NNID:
    RocketRobin
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8134-5728-9110
    Something something cold-blooded actually useful something something.

As well as buffing the other forgettable abilities whose names I can't remember at the moment. *oof*

Also please let the toe-peel torpedo and stamp be good!

ϛ(°³°)/` and Enperry like this.
  12. Azure ST

Azure ST Inkster Jr.

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2076-3733-1036
    How much ink does the torpedo seem to use? It's hard to tell from what they've shown but it looks to me like its around 70%.

13. Spaceswitchmars

NNID:
    _funmars
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0556-1305-6031
    (But not too good.) If cold blooded made torpedo not as effective, that would be excellent.

14. Spaceswitchmars

NNID:
    _funmars
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0556-1305-6031
    Well look here.

Also a new SR stage.

Ansible, Metasepia and Dewnose like this.
  15. Dewnose

Dewnose Inkling Cadet

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-1493-3741-2812
    A bit more about that stage:

Ansible, ϛ(°³°)/`, Saber and 2 others like this.
  16. Cephalobro

Cephalobro Inkling Fleet Admiral

Now if Salmon Run gear changes mid-month to come with that stage, it would be a great thing. (I heard it happened once, though, I'm not sure)

17. MINKUKEL

MINKUKEL Inkling Fleet Admiral

Pretty cool to still see a new SR stage even though the other modes are no longer getting new stages. I didn't expect it at this point.

Kits are okay I guess. I'm dissapointed that the Jr's third kit is this, though, since it's my go-to gear-upgrading weapon and it would be cool to have a third version to play of it. But Bubble Blower with randos is still completely unusable, so no thanks.

I'll get the other three then, I guess. Undercover with Ink Armor seems kind of interesting despite my dislike for that special, but I still have to learn how to play the Nozzlenose with anything other than the Wii U gamepad.

Enperry likes this.
  18. Enperry

NNID:
    ssjplt
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0405-1788-8108
    So here are the kits:

Kensa Splattershot Jr. - Torpedo Bomb Bubble Blower
    Kensa Undercover Brella - Torpedo Bomb Ink Armour
    Kensa L3 Nozzlenose - ? Stamp
    Kensa Octobrush - ? Stamp

19. Metasepia

Metasepia Inkling Cadet

Lessee here...

We're getting our first close ranged shooter with Bubble blower in the form of Jr along with the torpedo.

Undercover looks tantalizing with that white canopy and Ink armor on a 1v1 painting weapon may make it a good armor spam weapon...

Octobrush gets a reminiscent special of Kraken that is throwable so YES PLEASE NINTENDO, THANK YOU.

And L-3 has Splash wall, {doesn't make much sense in a mobile weapon} and Ultra stamp which, I feel, (from watching the footage) is better suited to a more melee range weapon. It's previous kits are also incredibly good with Curling bomb+Baller for emphasis on the weapon'' mobility and Burst bomb+Inkjet for a burst cancel, more aggressive playstyle.

I hope they also bring in new boss salmonids for the new specials like an Ultra sramp, Bubble Blower, and Booyah Bomb one? (How would that even work)

20. Gameboy224

Gameboy224 Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Gameboy224
    Oh, we're getting a 3rd set for the Kensa collection? Can't say I was expecting that, though'd we jump into the Rockenberg set. Good to see the first wave is lasting longer, which probably means if we do get a Rockenberg set, it's be equally as large. Good.

L-3 is definitely the strangest kit out of all these. But L-3 is still a step the average shooter range so it can probably benefit from it to a degree.
    Octobrush looks cool, its nice to actually have an aggressive bomb on it for once and the melee oriented Ultra Stamp seems a decent fit (just better no try to use it as a panic button since you're probably a sitting duck while it activates).
    Jr and Undercover I'm intruded with, it all depends on how the Torpedo pans out. Cause the Torpedo seems capable to doing a lot of damage which can set up for Splats on these normally low damaging weapons.

#6100 Gameboy224, Nov 4, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018