• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
This update is huge, and I’m so excited for the new Salmon Run map (which I won’t get to play until late tomorrow ) I am liking that this update really suggests at a larger volume of additional weapons that are either ready or in the works. I get this feeling we may see a trickle of weapons through the end of the Splatfests in 2019, and wouldn’t be at all surprised if its a third variant to weapons we have currently (honestly tho give us the ballpoint and explosher variants already tho like...Nautilus, Bloblobber...there’s just too many more)
Anyway..
New sub is awesome, and I’m already completing my gearset for Kensa Jr in place of some Custom Jr play.

I’m loving the new Jr. So far, I’ve been getting more kills with it than the Custom Jr. I use Special Power Up to expand my bubbles. With its painting ability, it’s crazy how many times you can get your bubbles off.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I love the new stamp special as well, it is great for paving the way, I don't know exactly but from my testing it seems to swing a whole lot fsster when mashing rather than simply holding down zr

But I will admit I wish they didn't give me the option to throw.....I am always yeeting it at enemy charger cross map, I want to be thor, but I am not worthy with my terrible aim

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I can't say I find version 4 a very update so far. Both subs are kind of interesting but I'd still rather take the trusty Splat Bomb over them. At least they're both fun to mess around with (and the torpedo brings something new to the table, at least), the specials I'm just really not feeling. Maybe that'll change, but for now neither do much for me. Pavillon and Ark are also some of the worst stages IMO. Ark at least is interesting and provides some much needed variety in SR. The new kits also just don't appeal to me for the most part. Kensa Sloshing is pretty awesome though. But seriously, just release the 2nd Bloblobber and Explosher already.

Well, at least there's a Salsa vs Guac (???) fest coming up. For some reason that's just a weird theme to me to bring out in November, but okay.

EDIT: I would embed a tweet here but it's just glitching out.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
With all this new stuff I finally caved and paid for the Switch online. Lasted two months without Splatoon, for me that's impressive! xD
Kensa Sloshing Machine is uber fun, though I am pretty disappointed in the Kensa L-3, namely the special. The Stamp seems like a worse Baller as it's slower and you're completely vulnerable. Not sure how I'd buff it while making sure it's not Kraken 2.0, but maybe there's just something I'm not seeing. Only played Splatzones on the new map so far but I liked it, quite different from any previous maps so it feels really fresh!

I can't say I find version 4 a very update so far. Both subs are kind of interesting but I'd still rather take the trusty Splat Bomb over them. At least they're both fun to mess around with (and the torpedo brings something new to the table, at least), the specials I'm just really not feeling. Maybe that'll change, but for now neither do much for me. Pavillon and Ark are also some of the worst stages IMO. Ark at least is interesting and provides some much needed variety in SR. The new kits also just don't appeal to me for the most part. Kensa Sloshing is pretty awesome though. But seriously, just release the 2nd Bloblobber and Explosher already.

Well, at least there's a Salsa vs Guac (???) fest coming up. For some reason that's just a weird theme to me to bring out in November, but okay.

EDIT: I would embed a tweet here but it's just glitching out.
Not to worry, the alt kits for the last 4 weapons have to be coming next month as it's the last month for updates. Crossing my fingers for Explosher w/ Squid Beacons especially after the buff. I also hope they throw in a new game mode, and while they're at it, a ham sandwhich would be nice too.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
With all this new stuff I finally caved and paid for the Switch online. Lasted two months without Splatoon, for me that's impressive! xD
Kensa Sloshing Machine is uber fun, though I am pretty disappointed in the Kensa L-3, namely the special. The Stamp seems like a worse Baller as it's slower and you're completely vulnerable. Not sure how I'd buff it while making sure it's not Kraken 2.0, but maybe there's just something I'm not seeing. Only played Splatzones on the new map so far but I liked it, quite different from any previous maps so it feels really fresh!

Not to worry, the alt kits for the last 4 weapons have to be coming next month as it's the last month for updates. Crossing my fingers for Explosher w/ Squid Beacons especially after the buff. I also hope they throw in a new game mode, and while they're at it, a ham sandwhich would be nice too.
It took me forever to finally find a good kit for the Kensa L-3
1 main 4 sub ink resist
1 main Run speed up
1 main 1 sub sub efficentcy
It focuses heavily on using shield to cover up for pushing and using the stamp like a tentabrella to absorb fire, otherwise I jump and swing (since it cover so much range that way or I chuck it...getting slightly better at it now (not rly)

Kensa UC out of all the latest sets is the most fun to mess around with a highly agrressive yet supportive build that can cover lots of turf builds tons of special quickly. I do have a few issues with torpedo since it is very easy to shoot down, but it is still good aginst chargers

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I do have a few issues with torpedo since it is very easy to shoot down, but it is still good aginst chargers
As a blaster player, I’ve found it difficult to deal with any comps with two torpedoes just because the fire rate/end lag of my weapon can make it so I’m spending the entire game shooting torpedoes out of the air or running away from them. Even if they don’t get kills, these little gnat bombs can take me out of the game just by distraction. For any shooter weapon, it’s not really an issue because you can pop it out of the air without missing a beat.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
I'm honestly sick of the torpedos, honestly. Even as a charger, they don't prove too much problems for me as a tap shot gets rid of them, it's just annoying how many I'm shooting down even if I'm not a charger. I'd rather deal with autobombs or burst bombs than deal with that. I've been hearing a lot of people saying it needs to be buffed, and I'm trying to figure out what could possibly need to be buffed about this thing.

Only downside is it goes down with a tiny smidge of ink (which I don't think is bad), and then it travels on a fixed path after detecting someone (but even then, the target gets a ring around them and exposes their position), so...what buff is needed? It's even potential 1 shot material.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Not to worry, the alt kits for the last 4 weapons have to be coming next month as it's the last month for updates.
I kinda doubt it, since there's two new subs and specials with only two kits each. Unless they're just gonna throw only the new subs/specials on the last 2nd kits, but that would be kind of arbitrary. We need more Burst Bomb Rush as well.

I'm expecting more weapon updates in 2019 personally.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I kinda doubt it, since there's two new subs and specials with only two kits each. Unless they're just gonna throw only the new subs/specials on the last 2nd kits, but that would be kind of arbitrary. We need more Burst Bomb Rush as well.

I'm expecting more weapon updates in 2019 personally.
I agree for the new sub/special. They need to be on at least a decent variety of kits. Even Beakon the least used anything in the game is still on at least 6 kits (not counting scope chargers). 5 for each is still like the bare minimum I want.
And while it is seeming a bit less likely now, I still do want more kits like Kensa 1, remixes using the old sub/specials.

Not necessarily for the Burst Bomb Launcher point. They could simply want keep that special as a niche, just like Seeker Rush was in Splatoon 1. Even Autobomb and Curling Rush are still niche, being only one two. Curling having being solely on the MG for the longest time. Even in Splatoon 1, Burst Bomb Rush was only on two weapons, with one being a Sheldon's Pick.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Am I the only one who doesn't like any of the new Splatoon arrangements in Smash? All of them completely fall flat to me, neither nailing what made the originals good nor reimagining them in an interesting way.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Only Smash remix of a Splatoon song that I’ve heard that I don’t really like is Splattack. The remixes we’ve gotten for Bomb Rush Blush and Seaskape, in my opinion, are done well and are enjoyable. Of course, everyone else has their own opinions, so don’t feel like I’m attacking yours if you like/dislike a song I like/dislike.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I’m pretty sure that they said there wouldn’t be any “new weapons”, which in my eyes means there won’t be any new MAIN weapons. I find it hard to believe they would keep the new subs and specials on only two weapons each. I’m expecting some kind of Merry Christmas, Nerds! weapon explosion, where they give us the alt kits for the Ballpoint, Explosher, Bloblobber, and Nautilus, then later give us something similar to Sheldon’s Picks from the first game. I get that the Kensa Collection was supposed to be that, but really there are just too many missed opportunities with weapon kits, and as I recall the initial Sheldon’s Picks came after all the usual kits+alts were out anyway.

They’re gonna be giving us Saltfests until the end of 2019, so why wouldn’t they also give us something we actually want along with it? Shake that stagnant Enperry meta up a bit.

Cephalobro

I do believe that if they don't do one final huge content update for Christmas this year, I believe that they would do one for 2019 before support for the game ends. I just don't think they would let content updates end weakly.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
There is a chance that either 8 Ball or Rocket or both could be dumped on top of the new alt kits in December, but whatevs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom