• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
they did a huge update with content last year in december right? soooo i think they will do something related to that now as well! :D

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
"Bomb Defense Up Ultimate and Main Weapon Power Up will be added as new powers"

*Prays that Main Weapon Power Up will have absolutely no damage up included in it*

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Well for those who haven't found a translation for the Main Weapon Power Up. It varies between weapons (even within weapons in a single category).

Splattershot: Less jump RNG.
Aerospray: Better painting.
Splat Roller: Larger damage radius.
Heavy Splatling: Longer firing duration.
Undercover Brella: Faster canopy regeneration.
Inkbrush: Something about more speed, perhaps faster rolling speed.

So, at least with the given examples, this sub will not affect damage output. Though we haven't seen what it does to any Charger/Blaster/Slosher.

Cephalobro

I kind of hope it buffs the shot speed of the N'Zap 85, the range of it is perfect for what the weapon is made to do, being offensively based while providing indirect support for teammates.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Holy bananas everyone Inkipedia, the Splatoon wiki, is hooking us up with some info:

https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Version_4.3.0_(Splatoon_2)

Apparently, BDUDX will be a replacement of both Cold Blooded and Bomb Defense Up. This means that any gear that previously had either Bomb Defense Up or Cold Blooded will automatically become BDUDX in both primary and sub slots (Btw we should totally call it "Bdud" for short). In addition, this applies to drink tickets! So, I guess it pays off to not have fun with my 20 Cold Blooded drink tickets :D! As far as effects boosts, one primary slot of Bdud is the same as 1 primary of Cold Blooded and 1 primary of Bomb Defense Up combined, and the same with sub abilities. Ability Chunks will also be converted. MWPU will appear in both primary and secondary gear slots. Fresh, huh?

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
I always thought Cold Blooded was a useless ability since you can rarely encounter Point Sensors. I just jump back to spawn if I get tagged by it.

Though we haven't seen what it does to any Charger/Blaster/Slosher.
I'm gonna guess for Chargers it speeds up charging time, which was really BS with Damages Ups in S1.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I always thought Cold Blooded was a useless ability since you can rarely encounter Point Sensors. I just jump back to spawn if I get tagged by it.

I'm gonna guess for Chargers it speeds up charging time, which was really BS with Damages Ups in S1.
I feel like the devs learned their lesson with Damage Up in Splatoon 1, which is why it hasn’t existed from the start of the sequel. That said, I do hope they plan on balancing that whole roller damage radius thing; it’ll make the Carbon more deadly for sure, if it gets more reliable off-centre hits.

I was really banking on more of a weaponsplosion, but four more Kensa weps could be neat. I desperately want a sexy black and white Splatling of some variety, and no I haven’t made the Ballpoint work as of yet. With a kit like Squid Beakons and Inkstom however, I may be able to finally play it as a backline support weapon - a more mobile Hydra for those maps that lack perches! I’m stoked.

Also those other alt kits are less than impressive. I see no use for the Custom Explosher, but maybe I’m not creative enough. I do like that they kept with the Nautilus 47/79 being silver and gold like their atomic numbers. That was fully expected, and the trimming isn’t as ugly as the gold Aerospray or Dynamo. Now if I could only find a use for the 79’s kit it might give me a reason to use it. Ink Armour, as it was datamined to have a while back, would have done it. I’m just so glad they kept the Beakons datamine on the Ballpoint Nouveau. I love it.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Though we haven't seen what it does to any Charger/Blaster/Slosher.
SPECULATION TIME AWW YEAH

Chargers
Most likely less charge time.
Maybe damage boost, but unlikely
Possibly a range boost?
Likely a boost in charge speed while jumping/out of ink

Blasters
Splash damage/Direct window increase is my bet
Rate of fire?
Turf coverage maybe?
Range highly unlikely

Sloshers
This one will most definitely vary from Slosher to Slosher as they are all immensely different

BirdAndreo

Senior Squid
I really hope Main weapon up won't touch any charge time/range/damage stats about a weapon. It's really risky from a balance point of view (i mean it can create broken combination, like Damage + charger in S1, which everyone quotes)

EDIT: WELL i should have read before posting. Looks like the roller will receive some damage buff? heck let's see what will happen

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
That said, I do hope they plan on balancing that whole roller damage radius thing; it’ll make the Carbon more deadly for sure, if it gets more reliable off-centre hits.
*S1 Flashbacks*

I really don't want to have to say "WTH HE WAS FAR ENOUGH FOR IT NOT TO OHKO!!!1!!!" again ever in my life. Especially in S2.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I really hope Main weapon up won't touch any charge time/range/damage stats about a weapon. It's really risky from a balance point of view (i mean it can create broken combination, like Damage + charger in S1, which everyone quotes)

EDIT: WELL i should have read before posting. Looks like the roller will receive some damage buff? heck let's see what will happen
I think they’ll try and avoid tinkering with things that affect DPS, such as fire rate and damage per bullet. If they DO do that, then they’ll avoid adjusting the bullets-to-kill for each weapon. My guess from the Splat Roller’s vague description is that it’ll broaden the OHKO damage window or make it able to OHKO from further away.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Honestly this doesn't look too bad the main problem with power up is that it could be stacked to ridiculous levels, to the point where some players ran all dmg up....plus on charger it meant that nearly ever weapon could half tap shot.....(aka the good ol days)

I do wonder how it will change over time....an if some weapon individual buff might be reworked in further patches

From the look of it I would hope this is a gear specific main ability especially considering how detailed it affects are it would be difficult to implement otherwise

Super bomb defnese up combines 1 useless ability with a decent ability and makes it....more or less the same, as long as it keep it's ability to tank special I might run it

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
From the look of it I would hope this is a gear specific main ability especially considering how detailed it affects are it would be difficult to implement otherwise
I disagree with the notion that this needs to be a main ability exclusive, like Thermal Ink or Ninja Squid, purely because the ability implies that it manipulates some weapon parameter by a percentage. For example, there is a dedicated weapon parameter for how many ticks it takes to charge one ring for a Splatling, a parameter for the next ring, and a parameter for unloading the volley. Main Power Up seems to adjust the unloading duration parameter, at least for the Heavy, and the adjustment is by a simple percentage. The same can easily be said for the Inkbrush’s movement speed while swinging, the Splattershot’s reticle widening while jumping, and the length of time it takes to regenerate your Undercover Brella’s canopy. Every one of these is defined as a single weapon parameter, and it would not be difficult on a technical level to code Main Power Up to affect something different on every weapon, and I imagine it will be available as the usual main ability/sub ability arrangement.

Also if that doesn’t spell it out, just remember that Sub Power Up and Special Power Up affect subs and specials differently depending on what they are. -and those are available as sub abilities.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Was about to say if Main Power Up was essentially damage up, but thankfully they're being more creative with it. Eager to see what it does for each main weapon!

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So they're adding a main equivalent of Special Power Up, eh?

Special Power Up is nearly useless IMO (only exception being the bubbles, but **** the bubbles), but I think that this will probably be better, if only because you spend a lot of time firing your main weapon, so small changes will have more of an impact.

Bomb Defense Up and Cold-Blooded being added together is nice because that means slightly fewer unusable chunks when grinding (that is, if Main Power Up is any good). Still won't be using Bomb Defense Up DX, though.

Nice to see the Custom Explosher has a good kit. Bloblobber being disappointing doesn't really matter too much since it's vanilla kit is fine, but the Explosher is a great main that I didn't really use because it got the short end of the kit-stick.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
it's confirmed we are getting 8 new weapons upcoming update! the first 4 ones we already know but the other 4 they didn't revealed yet...though i am getting curious about which ones they could be :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom