• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
What's the Octobrush Kensa sub weapon?

Cephalobro

Anyways, I always appreciate more Splatoon lore and this new Salmon Run stage definitely suggests that even more is coming for the third game.

As a side note, I don't see DJ Octavio being the Splatoon villain forever, as with many things in the real world, corrupt leaders come and go.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
How do you guys know Rockenberg is the next brand to get weapons? I'm googling around but I can't find anything on it.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
The Undercover brella looks like it is going to great, and has a very agressive support style
Can cover well to build special, immediately gain brella shield for each KO'd opponent ontop of ink armor and torpedo which is great for coverage and hitting chargers which are

Torpedo bubble blower with sub saver and obj shredder is terrifying....on top with iy alrealy large ink tank man this is gonna be fun:mad:
This set will likely be a great on objectives tho

Octobrush set looks to be great at close range...between the octobrush already great coverage and attacks, and stamp rage this will be a very aggressive and coverage heavy set

The L-3 looks like a interesting, ink wall will be good for locking down area of the map and with the stanp special and sub up you could chuck the map ahead of you then cover distance with special or aim it in...or trap the poor enemy in a corner with a wall then stamp them out
Definately gonna have to do that

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I’m still holding out for the Rockin’ Roller at some point. It’s too good a pun for them to ignore.

Also that Octobrush is going to be borderline ubiquitous with that kind of kit; it’ll be EVERYWHERE and I’m not looking forward to that.

Ballpoint Nouveau or riot.

EDIT: Also I can't believe I didn't comment on the most interesting part of this update: the new Salmon Run stage. It looks fairly circular, which I like because all of the Grind Rails lead back to the centre. What I don't like is that this'll probably get teammates to separate from each other a lot. Also, if a Salmonid smacks the Grind Rail terminal, will it turn green and allow for Boss Salmonids to grind around to the base? I mean, I know it won't, but I want to imagine a scenario where a Stinger is just whizzing around and shooting, or a sick darksliding Steelhead.

Last edited:

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
WHOOOHOOO finally a new octobrush! i will totally use this 1! and it will be fun to try out that new special with 1 of my fave weapons! :D

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It's more an educated guess. The 4.0.0 trailer's anime esk credits sequence showed two recognizable brands. Toni Kensa and Rockenberg.
There's four. Tentatek and Squidforce are also shown. Plus there's two I don't recognize, but there's definitely four. So by that logic there should be a batch of Tentatek and Squidforce weapons too (the former would be kinda weird considering there's already a Tentatek weapon).

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
There's four. Tentatek and Squidforce are also shown. Plus there's two I don't recognize, but there's definitely four. So by that logic there should be a batch of Tentatek and Squidforce weapons too (the former would be kinda weird considering there's already a Tentatek weapon).
We can dare to dream. The only worry I have about adding so many weapons is that the game is as balanced right now as it’s ever been, and I don’t want that to go away... But more kits may also mean more unique counter picks to things that would otherwise be super annoying.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I mean, it's either gonna be only Toni Kensa, or all four. I don't see why it would be just Toni Kensa and Rockenberg.

And the more the merrier. I'd say keep the additional kits coming till the end of the splatfests.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I mean, it's either gonna be only Toni Kensa, or all four. I don't see why it would be just Toni Kensa and Rockenberg.

And the more the merrier. I'd say keep the additional kits coming till the end of the splatfests.
Sorry, but you had a really embarrassing typo here. You said “till the end of the Splatfests” instead of “till the end of time.”

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Oh yah. Didn't notice Tentatek and SquidForce given they didn't use their logos. Which is odd, given both Toni Kensa and Rockenberg used theirs along with the text.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
So...can I just say that I absolutely hate the fact that there's a new octobrush? I can't stand that weapon in the first place, and now we're getting a new one that's likely going to be everywhere for at least the first couple of days? Ugh...

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight

This makes me want the original version back in 2. And I'm not counting the one in that one mini-game.

Cephalobro

Also, can I say that the grind rail might be the solution against constant missiles being launched? I mention this because it is a rarity that a co-worker seems to target the Flyfish, so this at least makes up for it.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Still on vacation leave, returning from my travels, voting then drinking because of what the outcome will likely be, and a Splatoon patch with updates, new weapons and loadouts, and a new Salmon Run stage all in one day?!

This... this is too much for me! So much activity! So much excitement! I can't take it, it's too much to bear, someone catch me!

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Still on vacation leave, returning from my travels, voting then drinking because of what the outcome will likely be, and a Splatoon patch with updates, new weapons and loadouts, and a new Salmon Run stage all in one day?!
I have a ton of anxiety about that day too, and waiting around for the inevitable super long maintenance to finish up isn't going to help me, haha. I'll probably be in full "mental wreck" mode by the time the new weapons are actually going to be playable.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Sorry, but you had a really embarrassing typo here. You said “till the end of the Splatfests” instead of “till the end of time.”
Ideally, I'd get around to some of the other hundreds of games that have been made in the last four decades.

Splatoon 2 is really special to me, but I can only imagine how many more games I would've played if it didn't exist.
voting then drinking because of what the outcome will likely be
Boy am I glad I'm not American sometimes. Good luck to y'all yankees though.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Y'all forgetting about the most important part: Kensa Undercover Brella OMFG

This thing is gonna shred the competition as Torpedo goes it a way to push it and for instant damage while also providing a "spy distraction" that it was meant for. Ink armor helps it regain its shield because it respawns with assists, and armor in general would help it survive more. It gives it more options that a 1v1 artist or a Baller/Splat Bomb spammer like the other kits.

Wanna push? Torpedo/Armor
Wanna kill? Shield + Torpedo/Armor
Wanna support? Shield + Armor

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom