• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BirdAndreo

Senior Squid
I feel like that Main Weapon plus will be something like sub power plus. Sub power + gives the same buff to mostly of the subs: the range throw. So i think we will se something similar with the incoming ability, with a lot of weapons getting buffed just in painting or less rng while jumping.

(actually same with the special power +, where a lot of specials receive a duration buff)

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
I feel like that Main Weapon plus will be something like sub power plus. Sub power + gives the same buff to mostly of the subs: the range throw. So i think we will se something similar with the incoming ability, with a lot of weapons getting buffed just in painting or less rng while jumping.

(actually same with the special power +, where a lot of specials receive a duration buff)
It was shown that it'll vary greatly from weapon to weapon, Splat roller gets (I'm presuming) a larger lethal hitbox *shivers*.
Ink rush gets better movement speed while flinging I'm presuming.
Aerospray paints better.
Splattershot has less rng.
And the Heavy gets better shot duration from a burst.

Personally, I feel as though main power up is a rather unnecessary ability as it may end up making the meta weapons even more meta. And the devs may as well just had buffed the weapons that actually need them {looking at you, Gloogas and Carbon}.

And on a final note, if there was one kit that you'd want to be on the final roster, what would it be?

BirdAndreo

Senior Squid
It was shown that it'll vary greatly from weapon to weapon, Splat roller gets (I'm presuming) a larger lethal hitbox *shivers*.
Aerospray paints better.

Personally, I feel as though main power up is a rather unnecessary ability as it may end up making the meta weapons even more meta. And the devs may as well just had buffed the weapons that actually need them {looking at you, Gloogas and Carbon}.

And on a final note, if there was one kit that you'd want to be on the final roster, what would it be?
Those are the most unique changes of course, like for Sub power plus (beacons having QSJ buff, splash wall being more durable, mines marking longer etc.) and Special power plus (bigger bubbles, bigger tentamissile reticle).

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233

kinda summarizes what we been talking about already, but it also good to know you will get to see how the weapons are affected by main power up in the customization screen

Captainpewd

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2794-8871-1013
I'm hyped to see how those 8 new weapons fit into the game/what the mystery ones are, so many additions for one update. Except for the new bloblobber. Miss me with that. (Miss please I just want to move around)

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
A friend of mine frequently mentions wanting a new kit for the E-Liter. Going off the recent trends, she suggested either Fizzy Bomb/Ink Armor or Burst Bomb/Booyah Bomb.

Cephalobro

Here is something I really like since it expands the lore of Splatoon even more while showing artwork and concept art before Octo Expansion was released (keep in mind that it's currently in Japanese, but I'm sure an official source will translate it).

Last edited:

Oka Chokka

Inkster Jr.
Personally, I think the new ability "Bomb Defense Up DX" should be called something like "Bunker" instead, since the current name doesn't give any indication that it shakes off echolocation more quickly. At least with a name like "Bunker", it gives the idea that you can hide from enemy fire as well as from enemy sight. (Plus, I'm getting a little tired of Nintendo tacking the word "Deluxe" onto everything.)

That's about all I have to say about this update, other than that I hope Main Power Up doesn't make some weapons too overpowered.

Stardust

Semi-Pro Squid
Mani Power Up looks super cool! I hope they give Dynamos and E-Liters more range.

Stardust

Semi-Pro Squid
Aerospray paints better.

Kensa Tenta Brella

Sub- Fizzy Bomb/ Point Sensor

Special- Booyah Bomb/ Ink Jet

Kensa Jet Squelcher (Combination of Splatoon 1 Vanilla and Custom)

Sub- Fizzy Bomb/ Splash Wall

Special- Ink Jet/ Ink Storm/ Baller

Kensa Heavy Splatling

Sub- Point Sensor/ Splat Bomb

Special- Baller/ Tenta Missiles

Kensa Tetra Dualies

Sub- Fizzy Bomb/ Splash Wall/ Burst Bomb

Special- Booyah Bomb/ Ink Armor/ Ink Jet

Kensa Flingza Roller (Don't like Torpedo or Ultra Stamp Much, figured they'd go on something)

Sub- Torpedo/ Autobomb/ Point Sensor

Special- Ultra Stamp/ Ink Storm

Kensa Squelcher Dualies

Sub- Burst Bomb/ Beakon

Special- Sting Ray/ Autobomb Launcher/ Burst Bomb Launcher

Copied from Alt Kit Developer

Noco

Full Squid

Looks like we'll be getting another 48 hour Splatfest to celebrate the holidays! This Splatfest will have you choosing between celebrating old traditions with the family, or spending the holidays out with the boys. The Splatfest will include glittery gold and silver ink, and it appears some new festive hats will be added as well.
frosty.original.jpg
splat2.original.jpg
splat3.original.jpg
splat4.original.jpg
splat5.original.jpg

Last edited:

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987

Looks like we'll be getting another 48 hour Splatfest to celebrate the holidays! This Splatfest will have you choosing between celebrating old traditions with the family, or spending the holidays out with the boys. The Splatfest will include glittery gold and silver ink, and it appears some new festive hats will be added as well.
Does anyone else think that art is kind of weird? To me it evokes one of those photos you see in psycho's dens where the pictures of people are scratched out and defaced.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Why is taking place in January though? The holidays are over by that time which means we have to go through a month without a Splatfest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom