• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cephalobro

Maybe because holiday shopping is a big spree? I think that's the best answer in this situation, that or they don't want to ruin the mood of the holiday, off course that would be slightly offensive to which ever group you don't choose.

(Also, screw Article 3, Section 2 of the Splatfest law. Preferences are preferences, there's no one preference better than the other.)

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
this is just stupid....they didn't skip december last year so why do it this year?

the last christmas splatfest and it's not even gonna be in december

i think the worst part is that by the time this starts the holiday vibe is dead and nobody is really in the holiday mood anymore in january the decorations are coming down and everything's back to normal

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
it almost feels like nintendo wants the month of december to be focused on smash....can't really explain the lack of a splatfest this month or why we got a holiday splatfest after the holiday season is over...

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Honestly it is likely for 1 main reason

Smash Bros Ultimate is realeasing at the beginning of December and alot of people are likely going to buy the game, and the paid internet as well as many players in the splatoon community will take a breif hiatus to enjoy the new smash game

So holding a splatfest when attention is focused toward the new IP and the winter break will result in only the determined few to enjoy the splatfest
Or
You can have all these new people who likely now bought paid online and rejoin in December (or introduce new player to the game) and now they can all participate in a unique splatfest

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
a unique splatfest that talks about celebrating the holidays with friends and family long after the holidays are over....it's like seeing christmas specials in July

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108

Above is a confirmed KO at ~128% with Inklings's Up Smash - the one with the Inkling using the Blaster when all of the moves hits successfully, well, hit.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Well of course it's a confirmed KO--blaster directs tend to do that! :p

I'm okay with them holding off a Fest in December considering what a situational mess it can be, even without taking Smash into account. Maybe, it might move our final fest over by one month to compensate. *shrug*

But I too feel that Main Power Up feels unnecessary... even though it means I can finally make my Inkbrush even faster! Yet at the same time the new BDUD ability double nerfs the ink mines of my Inkbrush Nouveau and Glooga Dualies (yes you read that right, I use those, in ranked, fite meh!). And it renders my all cold-blooded training outfit ”useless"... or useful--whatever, petty gripe! What's important is: Kensa Bamboozler and/or Kensa Inkbrush or I riot!

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
But I too feel that Main Power Up feels unnecessary... even though it means I can finally make my Inkbrush even faster! Yet at the same time the new BDUD ability double nerfs the ink mines of my Inkbrush Nouveau and Glooga Dualies (yes you read that right, I use those, in ranked, fite meh!). And it renders my all cold-blooded training outfit ”useless"... or useful--whatever, petty gripe! What's important is: Kensa Bamboozler and/or Kensa Inkbrush or I riot!
I feel like they’d want to give underused weapons a “better” kit, or at least one that’s more appealing, and while I don’t use it as much as I did in S1 I feel like it’s hard to improve upon the MKII that we have now.

Personally I want another Heavy. I’d say Hydra, but as nice as the black and white would be I doubt I’d use it over the Custom unless it comes with Beakons and Bubbles or like... Torpedo Rush. We’re already getting a Splatling with Beakons, so my Christmas wish has been fulfilled. -And it’s on the Ballpoint of all things, the ONE weapon I desperately wanted to make work but couldn’t because of its frontliner kit.

we have to go through a month without a Splatfest.
Ohhh noooo.

Last edited:

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Here's another thing about Smash for you guys itching to play as Inkling. It is a rumor tho, so don't be too sure, but there are a few ways to unlock her randomly, but the surefire way to unlock her is to...
By beating Classic mode with Samus, you have a 33.3% chance of the approaching challenger being Inkling. If you get one of the other two possible approaching challengers, you can just unlock them to increase the probability of getting Inkling next time you beat Classic with Samus.

Cephalobro

I'm going to unlock him (playing as the boy, deal with it :cool:) in World of Light, but I don't know which path to unlock Inkling, but I'll try to save every character anyways.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I'm going to unlock him (playing as the boy, deal with it :cool:)
Honestly the green boy and the indigo boy are the best looking of all of them imo. Also, fyi, it supposedly takes much longer to unlock characters in WoL than in vs or Classic mode, but you can do whatever you want. Who do you all plan on maining besides Inkling? I like Simons tools and long reach, so I might go with him.

Cephalobro

Honestly the green boy and the indigo boy are the best looking of all of them imo. Also, fyi, it supposedly takes much longer to unlock characters in WoL than in vs or Classic mode, but you can do whatever you want. Who do you all plan on maining besides Inkling? I like Simons tools and long reach, so I might go with him.
Still sticking with Mario, Lucario and Toon Link as my usual mains, but the Belmonts will be interesting to main as well. King K. Rool looks interesting as a heavyweight. I'm also going to main Pokemon Trainer, I did play as Charizard a lot back in Smash 4, but never got the chance to use Squirtle or Ivysaur since they were absent.

Noco

Full Squid
Who do you all plan on maining besides Inkling
I mained Pikachu in Sm4sh and will probably main him in Ultimate as well. He received some pretty cool looking buffs: an all new n-air and spiking ability on his d-air

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom