• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Posted with complete lack of context... is this fake? Where did you find it? Several aspects of the screenshot look fuzzy, is that just the resolution getting derped? With that logo at the bottom, will we actually be getting a Sheldon’s Picks as a Christmas weapon explosion like I predicted?

Cephalobro

I hope they take out that bothersome pillar, that thing alone made winning on this stage borderline impossible for me, or at least make it shorter.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Posted with complete lack of context... is this fake? Where did you find it? Several aspects of the screenshot look fuzzy, is that just the resolution getting derped? With that logo at the bottom, will we actually be getting a Sheldon’s Picks as a Christmas weapon explosion like I predicted?
I am assuming it's fake, unfortunately. If this were real, the usual dataminers like LeanYoshi and OatmealDome would've commented on it.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
It was commented by some Japanese person on the Blackbelly Renovation announcement. I have no clue if it's real or fake and I just posted it to see what y'all would say about it, but if it's fake, it's an amazing fake. If not, the kit seems very feasible.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
That's pretty fake. The fact is literally just a recolor of the Grim Ranged Blaster should be pretty telling. I hold Nintendo to a higher standard than that. It'd either be a completely different design, or it would just straight up be the Grim Ranged Blaster. Plus the text for the weapon name seems to be a slightly better resolution than the rest of the image.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
That's pretty fake. The fact is literally just a recolor of the Grim Ranged Blaster should be pretty telling. I hold Nintendo to a higher standard than that. It'd either be a completely different design, or it would just straight up be the Grim Ranged Blaster. Plus the text for the weapon name seems to be a slightly better resolution than the rest of the image.
Has the Grim Range Blaster been revealed? What makes you think there for sure is going to be a GRB?

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Has the Grim Range Blaster been revealed? What makes you think there for sure is going to be a GRB?
Nobody said that there’d be a GRB in Splatoon 2; the comment was just that the fake was a simple recolour and nothing fancy, while we would expect the third instalment of each weapon to be something completely different from the first game. For example the CoroCoro Roller in S1 was a promotional third variant of the weapon. It really isn’t much of a convincing fake either. I saw a high definition image of a supposed Kensa Dapple Dualies promo, with the reflection and everything. That was pretty convincing, except for the slightly-off looking sub and special icons.

Also I’d be wary of images posted on the Japanese Splatoon Twitter. Those guys like to meme with their fake weapons and some of them are downright spectacular. I saw a Clash Blaster with not only a scope, but TWO scopes. It looked like a pair of binoculars with a nose and god it was funny.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I love when they put a scope on an Inkbrush.

About the Splatfest, we will likely find out a little about Pearl's family (It was shown in certain dialogue for Mako Mart that Pearl said "So do your family's personal shoppers go here?" hinting at her having a family) including maybe the confirmation or deconfirmation of the theory that Inklings eat their parents.

Attachments

Last edited:

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I get that the holidays are busy and that Smash is coming out and all, but I figured that that was why they made it a 48 hour fest. But no, it's a holiday themed fest in friggin' January. What the ****.

And also, what's up with the theme, honestly? Who celebrates Christmas and similar holidays with friends? It's a family thing, right?

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
I get that the holidays are busy and that Smash is coming out and all, but I figured that that was why they made it a 48 hour fest. But no, it's a holiday themed fest in friggin' January. What the ****.

And also, what's up with the theme, honestly? Who celebrates Christmas and similar holidays with friends? It's a family thing, right?
I mean...I don’t hang out with my friends on the day of the holiday because, yes, that day you should be spending with family. But I do often try to hang out with my friends around the holidays, just not on the day of.

Noco

Full Squid
I see your Custom Forge Clash Blaster-O-Matic H-89 and raise you this amalgamation of horror:

They're called the Dark and Heavy Tetragloogasplat Dualies & Knuckles.
These in particular belong in a place far lower and hotter than Hell, but a pair of (nicer looking) dualie splatlings would actually be super cool

Captainpewd

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2794-8871-1013
These in particular belong in a place far lower and hotter than Hell, but a pair of (nicer looking) dualie splatlings would actually be super cool
Dualie Splatlings sound like a hell of a technical weapon, needing to dodge roll and wind-up would be a nightmare.

Noco

Full Squid
Dualie Splatlings sound like a hell of a technical weapon, needing to dodge roll and wind-up would be a nightmare.
Maybe they could continue firing after a roll and allow you to recharge like the Ballpoint. If they had range as long as the Heavy you could use it as a backliner or could charge up and then move to the front, utilizing the mobility of the dualies. Obviously this won't be coming anytime soon, but I feel like the Splatoon team could make it work if they tried.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
smart move splatoon! the reason they moved it to January is probably cause they know all to well December will be the Smash Ultimate month and then the splatfest might have lesser players then normal so yeah smart move but for the theme it's kinda not logical o.o

btw it look like we are getting new gear once again for this splatfest? cause i already seen 2 hats that seem related to the theme :D

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233

Speaking of smash bros
Red are my mains, blue my secondaries, and grey are the character I wil play for the memes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom