Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Suction bombs and ink armor, and with it's fire rate and speed it can provide protection to the team fairly often. Good stuff.
Nice. Is it just the original N-ZAP in the game right now? If so, I wonder what the kit for the N-ZAP 89 will be...

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
@Award,
Welcome back!!

What'dya think on the charger changes, especially with damage up and defense up no longer around? Found out anything interesting for them?
Haha, thanks guys. I meant to reply to BCL on the chat, too, and never got around to it :) I was waiting until my darned internet disconnect problems shored up a bit....got banned in TW a few times for too many disconnects!

I'm still coming to terms with weapons in this game, and I haven't unlocked them all yet (in part due to that darn disconnect issue.) I've settled right back into Octobrush for RM (and am STILL trapped in C-, despite consistently getting 20+ kills and shutting down the RM almost any time it gets picked up.....but a good push is such a rare treat in C- in RM. It always was the worst of the low-rank games to play!) SZ I'm not sure what wep to pick. I don't have dynamo yet and I fear my beloved sploosh is gone, so the DS is, for now my go-to, but I love the new splat roller too. It's so much more versatile than the old ones.

TC....I'm having difficulty adapting to the new chargers. It'll take time. I still DESERVE my C- there I think unlike RM where I can dominate yet still lose, I just plain suck right now with my chargers in TC. I don't have the eliters yet. The plain splat charger just feels "weird" and I'm pretty inconsistent. I finally unlocked my splatterscope and it's starting to click for me again yesterday....I was landing some snipes from the center stage perches and playing splat-bomb hide & seek champ like old times in my TW practice runs, so I might start picking up in TC much better. They're taking a long time to adapt to. Scope seems to help, which is, I think how I felt post-charger-nerf in S1 too. Still getting more splats with the bombs than the main gun though!

Is it just me or is the inkbrush kind of awesome this time around? Just in TW, but I found myself playing it much more deadly than I was able to in S1.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Ok what is going on with ranked I was just in B- and now I am A is this apart of the new setup for ranked cause it is confusing me so much

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Yep the '85 feels like the tenttatek and splattershot jr found a corner for a private squid party and eventually brought that beastly bundle screaming into the world. At least in the NoA solo rank, I'm starting to see it as standard issue among immediately competent/veteran players along with the always capable and multipurpose tenttatek splattershot.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Is it just me or is the inkbrush kind of awesome this time around? Just in TW, but I found myself playing it much more deadly than I was able to in S1.
Yes!

Minor damage buff for both. Inkbrush takes four hits to splat and octobrush three, both of which add up to 100+ damage. They may have also seem to widen the ink coverage/spread when swinging either of them. Might want to check on that.

I'm sure there are some other minor changes both have gotten that I haven't found out yet. But they do have a minor drawback in ink consumption, however I think every weapon in this game has a higher ink consumption.

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
Nice. Is it just the original N-ZAP in the game right now? If so, I wonder what the kit for the N-ZAP 89 will be...
Yep, only the 85 is in the base game, but datamining has revealed the future kit for the 89. I'll put it in a spoiler since some people may want to be surprised.
It's the Autobombs, which have quickly become my favorite sub in Splatoon 2, and the Tenta Missiles, definitely a candidate for my favorite special. As someone who mained the N-Zaps in the first game, I'm extremely hyped for the 89!

Source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12d51IAvxF9Nj4QTCZGlcjULgGNi1xbDQbcNieB8EQX8/edit#gid=0 ("Future Weapons" tab)

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
So apparently the new map is called Twilight Zone outside of Japan. I will be extremely disappointed if Pearl and Marina don't make a reference to the Twilight Zone in one of their banters for the stage.

Pearl: "I saw you go to a book store near this place earlier."

Marina: "Yeah, there is a popular new Octarian book that just released. "To Serve Inklings"

Pearl: Well that's a strange title...

Ansible

Community Ambassador
I figure this is worth sharing. Saw this on twitter.
https://octo.im/2017/07/31/splatoon-2-online-multiplayer-analysis/
Hey @Green Waffles, your greatest fears came true! o_O Egh, I knew things felt off.
Wow, just wow.

It's disappointing but helps confirm a few thoughts and imaginings many have had when we kept feeling something is off or felt rather sluggish from what we're use to.

I'm seriously hoping that paid online comes with dedicated servers (and not heavily favouring regional matchmaking).

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Wow, just wow.

It's disappointing but helps confirm a few thoughts and imaginings many have had when we kept feeling something is off or felt rather sluggish from what we're use to.

I'm seriously hoping that paid online comes with dedicated servers (and not heavily favouring regional matchmaking).
I've stood up in defense of the paid online before, but if this turns out to be what we're paying for, I couldn't blame a single person for rioting over this.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Yep, only the 85 is in the base game, but datamining has revealed the future kit for the 89. I'll put it in a spoiler since some people may want to be surprised.
It's the Autobombs, which have quickly become my favorite sub in Splatoon 2, and the Tenta Missiles, definitely a candidate for my favorite special. As someone who mained the N-Zaps in the first game, I'm extremely hyped for the 89!

Source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12d51IAvxF9Nj4QTCZGlcjULgGNi1xbDQbcNieB8EQX8/edit#gid=0 ("Future Weapons" tab)
NGYES! I love robots, so having the Autobombs in the 89 kit will be AWESOME! Tenta Missles...uh...might take some getting used too...

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
I figure this is worth sharing. Saw this on twitter.
https://octo.im/2017/07/31/splatoon-2-online-multiplayer-analysis/
Hey @Green Waffles, your greatest fears came true! o_O Egh, I knew things felt off.
"For those of you who don’t understand how online experiences are created in games, take the time to read through this whole section."

Scanned how long section was...

SKIP!

But has connection really been that bad for everyone in both Splatoon and Splatoon 2? I ask cause I've only been dropped in the middle of a match MAYBE 3 times throughout the entire time I've been playing Splatoon. I get more "Failed to connect to partner's device" messages than anything else, and I can literally just hop out of the lobby and go back in to fix that.

Award

Yes!

Minor damage buff for both. Inkbrush takes four hits to splat and octobrush three, both of which add up to 100+ damage. They may have also seem to widen the ink coverage/spread when swinging either of them. Might want to check on that.

I'm sure there are some other minor changes both have gotten that I haven't found out yet. But they do have a minor drawback in ink consumption, however I think every weapon in this game has a higher ink consumption.

Octobrush feels like it spreads ink a LOT better than in S1, but the damage I think is the same (not sure if the ttk is the same or not.) But Inkbrush was kind of a silly joke in the first game that was a challenge weapon to play. This time, inkbrush feels actually viable. Not quite as easy as octobrush, but has certain advantages in its speed of attack as a pure melee weapon. That surprised me. Always loved inkbrush but it never seemed viable for serious play.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Octobrush feels like it spreads ink a LOT better than in S1, but the damage I think is the same (not sure if the ttk is the same or not.) But Inkbrush was kind of a silly joke in the first game that was a challenge weapon to play. This time, inkbrush feels actually viable. Not quite as easy as octobrush, but has certain advantages in its speed of attack as a pure melee weapon. That surprised me. Always loved inkbrush but it never seemed viable for serious play.
I mained the Inkbrush (Mostly any variety of it but the original) and I will agree to a extent that it was one of the harder weapons to use and succeed in. I had to rely on things like Stealth jump and My triple roll strength up'd White Anchor Tee to make it more reliable in some situations...but now in Splatoon 2, I can say it feels much more polished. My attacks feel like they're being more effective and covering ground feels a bit better. Hell- even with the switch's controller, mashing that button to flick the brush back and forth doesn't hurt my fingers anymore. It's a blessing, and I think that's why I'm seeing more people trying out the Inkbrush. It was a rare sight in the first game.

On a side note...how rare is it to see a Dynamo Roller user out there right now? Ive seen maybe one other so far, and I'm starting to get into the swing of mine since I unlocked it. I need to run into more LVL 20+ players...

GamemasterTom

Full Squid
NNID
GM-Tom
I'm honestly surprised to hear people having conection issues in this game, for me, it's been running perfectly, and I'm from Chile, and even though my internet company was named "the best in the country" by Netflix, it tends to fail a lot in other games and consoles. So far with Splatoon 2, zero issues, except sometimes the matchmaking takes a while.

I even tested playing while uploading a video to youtube, and only then I got very little lag while playing (in the first game i got some lag, but was mostly because 90% of my games were with japanese players)

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
On a side note...how rare is it to see a Dynamo Roller user out there right now? Ive seen maybe one other so far, and I'm starting to get into the swing of mine since I unlocked it. I need to run into more LVL 20+ players...
I haven't had many battles with them, but in every match involving a dynamo except for one, it lost the match. When I was against it, I could actually approach, and splat them as it was intended. No more weird laggy swings, no more trades that feel like I should have won, it feels right. For better or for worse (let's be real, it's for worse regarding the weapon itself), it was remade to function as the devs originally intended. A slow, heavy, long range roller that guzzled ink. And from what I can tell, that's a really bad weapon idea when put into practice.

Either way, I think the game is much more fun and healthier without the Splatoon 1 dynamos. Call me salty and bitter, but they were just broken in the first game for anyone not using a super long range weapon. The devs probably looked at the feedback and play data of the first game, and they knew they could not let the Splatoon 1 dynamo return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom