• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Huh..so that mysterious Splatfest stage is now called....Shifty Station.

....Yeah, I think I preferred the Twilight name better.

(Sorry if this has been already mentioned elsewhere, my minds acting up, hard to focus. but I wanted to least get that bit out just in case...)
So... a splatfest stage hosted by the octarians? Looks awesome.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Huh..so that mysterious Splatfest stage is now called....Shifty Station.

....Yeah, I think I preferred the Twilight name better.
That's severely disappointing. Twilight Zone was a much better name.

On a completely different topic...

The new winning animations look pretty cool. But the slosher one with the Inkling girl is flipping adorable. I didn't say that.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I haven't had many battles with them, but in every match involving a dynamo except for one, it lost the match. When I was against it, I could actually approach, and splat them as it was intended. No more weird laggy swings, no more trades that feel like I should have won, it feels right. For better or for worse (let's be real, it's for worse regarding the weapon itself), it was remade to function as the devs originally intended. A slow, heavy, long range roller that guzzled ink. And from what I can tell, that's a really bad weapon idea when put into practice.

Either way, I think the game is much more fun and healthier without the Splatoon 1 dynamos. Call me salty and bitter, but they were just broken in the first game for anyone not using a super long range weapon. The devs probably looked at the feedback and play data of the first game, and they knew they could not let the Splatoon 1 dynamo return.
Hmm. Lag wise I understand the complaints. I went against laggy dynamos and...its pretty frustrating, as much as going against as laggy charger. Maybe more so.

I recently was playing some Gold Dynamo in the first game, and having just unlocked the regular Dynamo in this one...may I say, it feels nicer? I don't know what it is, but the vertical flick gives a whole new option to me. And it still guzzles ink like no tomorrow, but It feels less of a issue for me in this game than it was in the first. Again, not sure why. Things just FEEL right. I feel as if i can push forward better with the weapon and navigate the map quickly more than I could the first game as well. So I'd say the tweaks made benefit the Dynamo Roller users AND the people going against it nice and evenly. I'm having alot of fun with it and I cant wait for the Gold editions release.

PS- I'm having too much fun with the vertical flick. I need to post about my good fun times with it in a certain positive thread real soon...

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Hmm. Lag wise I understand the complaints. I went against laggy dynamos and...its pretty frustrating, as much as going against as laggy charger. Maybe more so.

I recently was playing some Gold Dynamo in the first game, and having just unlocked the regular Dynamo in this one...may I say, it feels nicer? I don't know what it is, but the vertical flick gives a whole new option to me. And it still guzzles ink like no tomorrow, but It feels less of a issue for me in this game than it was in the first. Again, not sure why. Things just FEEL right. I feel as if i can push forward better with the weapon and navigate the map quickly more than I could the first game as well. So I'd say the tweaks made benefit the Dynamo Roller users AND the people going against it nice and evenly. I'm having alot of fun with it and I cant wait for the Gold editions release.

PS- I'm having too much fun with the vertical flick. I need to post about my good fun times with it in a certain positive thread real soon...
Good, keep using it and performing well with the dynamo as it is now. I would rather it not get buffed back to its former glory after the devs see that few people are using it. :p

Laskivi

Inkling
NNID
Laskivi
Okay, so maybe I've just never known this, or maybe it's new. Have chargers always been able to snipe THROUGH people? I just played a game where I sniped a guy who was right in my face, and the shot CONTINUED and splatted someone else who was all the way across the stage. Tested it out in the test area and yep, the shot can go through targets and splat two enemies in the same line.
Am I just incredibly slow, haha? I get the feeling this has always been around and I've just never had it happen.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Okay, so maybe I've just never known this, or maybe it's new. Have chargers always been able to snipe THROUGH people? I just played a game where I sniped a guy who was right in my face, and the shot CONTINUED and splatted someone else who was all the way across the stage. Tested it out in the test area and yep, the shot can go through targets and splat two enemies in the same line.
Am I just incredibly slow, haha? I get the feeling this has always been around and I've just never had it happen.
Actually, no. This is completely new for Splatoon 2! Enjoy, Charger mains!

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Is there a way to get Sea Snails aside from Splatfest and the 3 you get from Judd after reaching Lv.30? Considering they're now the only way to add slots (can't use money) it'd really suck if they can't be gotten regularly.

the

Inkling Commander
Does anybody know if ordering splatnet gear from other players works? Someone I know doesn't have room for the app on their phone, and I'm wondering if I can get some of the gear and have them order it off me.

GamemasterTom

Full Squid
NNID
GM-Tom
Actually, no. This is completely new for Splatoon 2! Enjoy, Charger mains!
Huh, i'm pretty sure it did in the first game, i remember getting some double and triple kills in Tower Control in the first game (specially in Camp Triggerfish), or maybe i'm remembering it wrong

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Huh, i'm pretty sure it did in the first game, i remember getting some double and triple kills in Tower Control in the first game (specially in Camp Triggerfish), or maybe i'm remembering it wrong
Pretty sure it's new to this one. Maybe you just kill too quickly for your memory? Lol. Or maybe you just used hax.

Laskivi

Inkling
NNID
Laskivi
Pretty sure it's new to this one. Maybe you just kill too quickly for your memory? Lol. Or maybe you just used hax.
Actually, collaterals have always existed. A charger will kill two or three people if they are right up against each other.
Sniping THROUGH people is a whole other story, though!

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Actually, collaterals have always existed. A charger will kill two or three people if they are right up against each other.
Sniping THROUGH people is a whole other story, though!
Ah. Maybe I misunderstood what Gamemaster was saying. But yes, going through people is definitely new. But, seeing as I've only used a Charger maybe twice (and I'm terrible with them), I wouldn't know whether they could do collateral as mentioned.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Currently, it appears a fully charged shot travels its full distance, with no damage drop off the entire time. Meaning you can splat at least two players if they're lined up at any distance apart. So far I've only tested this out in the firing range.

I'm guessing this is to compensate for the lack of damage up, thus requiring chargers obtaining a full charge for maximum effectiveness.

Meanwhile, in the first game a full charge will stop at the first enemy it hits. However, you could possibly splat your target's teammate(s) from the splash damage of the target exploding into your ink color.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
Currently, it appears a fully charged shot travels its full distance, with no damage drop off the entire time. Meaning you can splat at least two players if they're lined up at any distance apart. So far I've only tested this out in the firing range.

I'm guessing this is to compensate for the lack of damage up, thus requiring chargers obtaining a full charge for maximum effectiveness.

Meanwhile, in the first game a full charge will stop at the first enemy it hits. However, you could possibly splat your target's teammate(s) from the splash damage of the target exploding into your ink color.

Okay that is cool I have totally spalted two Squid kids with A single charger shot. I thought I got the second one with the ink from other.
Just unlocked the E-liter 4K I like the kit just need to get good.

Laskivi

Inkling
NNID
Laskivi
Sadly, this amazing development doesn't seem extremely applicable. But when it DOES happen, it's incredible. My jaw dropped when I splatted one person directly in front of me and another at the end of my range at the same time. xP When it happens, it'll likely be due to luck.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Sadly, this amazing development doesn't seem extremely applicable. But when it DOES happen, it's incredible. My jaw dropped when I splatted one person directly in front of me and another at the end of my range at the same time. xP When it happens, it'll likely be due to luck.
Agreed. I mean, admidst all the chaos, what are the chances that 2 opposing Inklings will be lined up, be it close together or far apart, for a double kill? Nevertheless, it does add to the functionality of the weapon and gives Charger mains something of a challenge, I guess, to try to get more than one splat in a single shot.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Is there a way to get Sea Snails aside from Splatfest and the 3 you get from Judd after reaching Lv.30? Considering they're now the only way to add slots (can't use money) it'd really suck if they can't be gotten regularly.
You can't use money to add slots? That's very unfortunate, I wonder why they removed that feature...

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
@Dessgeega I'm still hoping I'm wrong <_>
I'm honestly surprised to hear people having connection issues in this game, for me, it's been running perfectly... So far with Splatoon 2, zero issues, except sometimes the matchmaking takes a while.
This is nearly my connection experience:

9 out of 10 games(maybe even 19/20) are(or, at least, genuinely feel) lag free, and when it doesn pop up, it's easier to deal with it since lag is less common
HOWEVER the lobbies have an unpleasent tendency to time out much more often than in Spla1, which somewhat soft-blocks me from playing during non-prime gaming hours in my region: if I can't get enough people whom I'll have a phenomenal connection with, I end up wasting a good 2-3 minutes... waiting for a 3 minute match.

This is an acceptable hotfix for now, in my opinion, especially if the splatoon 2 team was so crunched for time to get everything else in game as fleshed out and de-bugged as possible(which I'm inclined to believe)
But I sincerely hope they're working, on a fix for global matchmaking, for us come 2018 subscription fees.
(admittedly, there is only so much they can do from their end, they'll eventually hit the wall where it's on the internet providers' side of the field, at which point we're boned.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom