• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
Mr. Nogami (a splatoon game dev.) references that splatfests will still be regional, like they were in Splatoon 1.
That's sad to hear, I always preferred playing them globally and really enjoyed the experience of that one global splatfest we had, because there was always someone to play with/against, no matter what time of the day it was.
With regional Splatfests, the lobbies will be empty at night again...

Also, Hisashi Nogami is not just a Splatoon developer, he's the actual producer of Splatoon!

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Some new gear coming from a familiar brand.

Google Translate:
"A sports brand "Arome" that blew out the world with high-tech sneakers.
Both fashionability and functionality incorporating the latest technology are compatible, and it has grown into a sophisticated brand.
We are offering gears to many first class athletes, wearing models are popular enough to sell out all along."

Google Translate:
"This is Arome's new shoes, "Umiushi Town Hi Gray."
A long-awaited high-cut model appeared in the standard model Umibushi series.
While it has a bold design with large symbol marks, with calm coloring, sports as well as town youth seems to be active as well."

I love the green and black shoes with the gradient on the soles.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
THANK GOODNESS they reduced the map rotation cycles!!! Do we feel I need to add that to the OP?

I also think maybe I should add another category to the lists, being returning and new brands. Anyone want to see this addition or nah?

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Some new gear coming from a familiar brand.

Google Translate:
"A sports brand "Arome" that blew out the world with high-tech sneakers.
Both fashionability and functionality incorporating the latest technology are compatible, and it has grown into a sophisticated brand.
We are offering gears to many first class athletes, wearing models are popular enough to sell out all along."

Google Translate:
"This is Arome's new shoes, "Umiushi Town Hi Gray."
A long-awaited high-cut model appeared in the standard model Umibushi series.
While it has a bold design with large symbol marks, with calm coloring, sports as well as town youth seems to be active as well."

I love the green and black shoes with the gradient on the soles.
Saw this on twitter today. I was wondering where the other picture came from...Meh, didn't see it. But the gear, oh, nice...Of course those headbands returned. Nice to see stuff come in full swing. Now I would like my samurai stuff, I spam that headset so much.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
I say Aye. Its useful to know what gear we will be getting, along with the looks.
Alright then. I'll add the three(?) new ones we know about so far, and the old ones we know are returning. Could someone provide a list of the returning ones though? It would be greatly appreciated, as I don't particularly care for any one brand and don't know all the current returning ones. Unless all of them are returning, then I'll just look them up myself.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Euuuuuy gotta look through almost all the news' pictures then xP

I think most, if not all, are returning. Many pictures show quite a bit of old gear. Acouple I remember off hand are the parka and retro glasses, so that's Forge and Splash Mob (I think that new wide red horizontal striped shirt was Splash Mob as well...)

Lemme do a scan through and I'll get back to ya.

OK, list tiem

Forge = Inkling Parka, Blue Sailor suit
Splash Mob = That new red strip shirt that which the gasm mask inkling is wearing in the spawn point pic
Takaroka = Orange Arrow shoes
FireFin = 8 bit Fish Fry shirt
Krak-on = cream basics
SquidForce(of course, derp) = white headband
Rockenberg = Roasted Brogues
Zekko = Green Check shirt
Skalop = Straw Boater
Tentatek(did you really think this brand was going anywhere? of course not) = Tennis Headband, sun visor, c- ya know there was a whole splatoon tweet posted today dedicated to tentatek, there a quite a few examples
Amiibo brand ... of course its back, we're getting new amiibos, after all =p

Brands I did not see in the 2 nintendo direct videos about spla2oon
CuttleGear ( ;_; it'll probably be back for story mode rewards, even if our ol' seadog isn't returning. . . ;_;)
Inkline (I actually saw what seemed to be the short beanie... but it's such an unassuming picec of gear that I wasn't 100% sure of myself)
KOG (I think it's back, it is a nintendo brand for real world jank, so yeah)
The SQUID GIRL (just ask enough and it'll return ;0 )
Zink (not seen, but with all the other returning brands, it makes almost no sense to NOT re-introduce this one)
Famitsu

Last edited:

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Euuuuuy gotta look through almost all the news' pictures then xP

I think most, if not all, are returning. Many pictures show quite a bit of old gear. Acouple I remember off hand are the parka and retro glasses, so that's Forge and Splash Mob (I think that new wide red horizontal striped shirt was Splash Mob as well...)

Lemme do a scan through and I'll get back to ya.

OK, list tiem

Forge = Inkling Parka, Blue Sailor suit
Splash Mob = That new red strip shirt that which the gasm mask inkling is wearing in the spawn point pic
Takaroka = Orange Arrow shoes
FireFin = 8 bit Fish Fry shirt
Krak-on = cream basics
SquidForce(of course, derp) = white headband
Rockenberg = Roasted Brogues
Zekko = Green Check shirt
Skalop = Straw Boater
Tentatek(did you really think this brand was going anywhere? of course not) = Tennis Headband, sun visor, c- ya know there was a whole splatoon tweet posted today dedicated to tentatek, there a quite a few examples
Amiibo brand ... of course its back, we're getting new amiibos, after all =p

Brands I did not see in the 2 nintendo direct videos about spla2oon
CuttleGear ( ;_; it'll probably be back for story mode rewards, even if our ol' seadog isn't returning. . . ;_;)
Inkline (I actually saw what seemed to be the short beanie... but it's such an unassuming picec of gear that I wasn't 100% sure of myself)
KOG (I think it's back, it is a nintendo brand for real world jank, so yeah)
The SQUID GIRL (just ask enough and it'll return ;0 )
Zink (not seen, but with all the other returning brands, it makes almost no sense to NOT re-introduce this one)
Famitsu
Dude, thanks! OP will be updated shortly.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Alright so I posted this over in my Squid Sisters Stories thread, but this has some relevant info about the shop keepers and their new business changes and expansions.

Worth a look here.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Anne, is more detail oriented it says, so we might be seeing more unique design and variation on our favorite weapons, probably recolor or for some some, who different designs, than just a sticker, with how the clothes and brands look, it seems the gear should be equally fresh to match it

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Well, I'm glad Sheldon's back. Maybe this time Annie will help him on the fashion front and he won't dress like a boy scout.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Some new gear tweets!

Google Translate:
""Tataki Ken Saki" is a brand that designers have their own names. A simple yet constructive design centered on monotone has been accepted by young people in the city and is handled in many select shops. The topic is also a popular secret, such as releasing a bespoke gear in collaboration with other brands."

And another...

Google Translate:
"This is a commercial image of "Taki Kensaki".
It is heavily rotated by Hikara Square's digital signage, attracting the attention of young people going to the city."

This is too good. Too pure. I really like this brand...

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Was white ink already confirmed for spla2n? If not than these tweets basically confirms it.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Was white ink already confirmed for spla2n? If not than these tweets basically confirms it.
I don't think it was. And same with the grey (and red?) pupils, if I'm not mistaken? I don't recall those eye colors in Splat1, I think...

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Some new gear tweets!

Google Translate:
""Tataki Ken Saki" is a brand that designers have their own names. A simple yet constructive design centered on monotone has been accepted by young people in the city and is handled in many select shops. The topic is also a popular secret, such as releasing a bespoke gear in collaboration with other brands."

And another...

Google Translate:
"This is a commercial image of "Taki Kensaki".
It is heavily rotated by Hikara Square's digital signage, attracting the attention of young people going to the city."

This is too good. Too pure. I really like this brand...
Is it bad that I want to draw these two? Time to open up krita and get painty again. Got some inspiration juices flowing within me, ha! So it is confirmed, red eyes and silver. REALLY love that.

On top of that, that is very close to how my OC's ink color, finally! I hope this is within the game. I love my whites, and grey hues. I am a bit of a monotone person myself. But avast there be art diggin' in my soul, and spreading from my tablet like ink on a salad!

(Just to say this too, kinda reminds me of snow doves. Sorta tranquil here, if you catch my drift.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom