Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fluddinator

Pro Squid
You know what would be cool? If you can access in Inkopolis Plaza as a Secret Location!

I'll give you out this little idea I came up with: so, in Inkopolis Square there is a Secret Manhole where you can get into... enter inside that and you basically jump out from another Manhole located somewhere in Inkopolis. But wait... the area you jump out from is actually the Splatoon 1 Tutorial Level! Except this time, you have Octolings to fight along the way!

You do that and get to the Jumping Pad at the end: welcome back to Inkopolis Plaza!

This area is much deserted compared to Inkopolis Square... the only Inklings you will find are actually 16 years old ones who never accepted the idea of abandoning a place so dear for them! You can talk to them and you get to listen to some of their experiences (mentioning various things like the regular Updates, the Balance Fixes, some common moments...).

An Inkling in particular will not give you out information... rather, it sells you Splatoon 1 Gear for you to wear!

What about the Splatoon 1 Manhole? You can get in there... and pop out in the old Octo Valley area! You will notice different things here and there... and many pots are blocked! Not all of them, however... so, you can get in those and play the old levels rebooted with different elements to deal with!

You win those to unlock Cuttlegear clothing, the same ones you saw in Splatoon 1! Of course all the new features from the Splatoon 2 Story Mode will be used in those old levels as well!

With so much stuff from the Old-School Splatoon, what else could you get out of this?! ... Sunken Scrolls... revealing details concerning the Squid Sisters Stories and the Splatoon 1 Aftermath...

Well... what do you think?

Dog King

Full Squid
You know what would be cool? If you can access in Inkopolis Plaza as a Secret Location!

I'll give you out this little idea I came up with: so, in Inkopolis Square there is a Secret Manhole where you can get into... enter inside that and you basically jump out from another Manhole located somewhere in Inkopolis. But wait... the area you jump out from is actually the Splatoon 1 Tutorial Level! Except this time, you have Octolings to fight along the way!

You do that and get to the Jumping Pad at the end: welcome back to Inkopolis Plaza!

This area is much deserted compared to Inkopolis Square... the only Inklings you will find are actually 16 years old ones who never accepted the idea of abandoning a place so dear for them! You can talk to them and you get to listen to some of their experiences (mentioning various things like the regular Updates, the Balance Fixes, some common moments...).

An Inkling in particular will not give you out information... rather, it sells you Splatoon 1 Gear for you to wear!

What about the Splatoon 1 Manhole? You can get in there... and pop out in the old Octo Valley area! You will notice different things here and there... and many pots are blocked! Not all of them, however... so, you can get in those and play the old levels rebooted with different elements to deal with!

You win those to unlock Cuttlegear clothing, the same ones you saw in Splatoon 1! Of course all the new features from the Splatoon 2 Story Mode will be used in those old levels as well!

With so much stuff from the Old-School Splatoon, what else could you get out of this?! ... Sunken Scrolls... revealing details concerning the Squid Sisters Stories and the Splatoon 1 Aftermath...

Well... what do you think?
It's a cool idea, but quite the endeavor for Nintendo to take on. Also, that would vastly inflate the size of the game. But, it's a really great and nostalgic idea. I'm fact, I could see them doing everything feasibly except the Splatoon 1 single player bit!

Fluddinator

Pro Squid
Well, yeah... but in all honesty, I'm also happy with just the Inkopolis Plaza bit!

Speaking of that, does the old Gears from the first game return in some shape or form?

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Well, yeah... but in all honesty, I'm also happy with just the Inkopolis Plaza bit!

Speaking of that, does the old Gears from the first game return in some shape or form?
It seems all old/former clothing gear do make a return so far...I think this was asked before but im not sure if I can say for sure 100% still. But I see no reason why it wouldn't anyway.

Last edited:

Fluddinator

Pro Squid
Splatoon 2 doesn't really forget about its past... just look at the Splatoon 2's Inkling Boy and Girl's irises!

The girl has Orange irises, while the boy has Blue irises... they didn't forget!

Even the Splattershot is still considered the "All-Round" weapon, despite the huge push the Splat Dualies got!

The first choice of the hairstyle depicts the original ones first!

They did rewamped some of the older maps too and this game lets you use the Squid Sisters Amiibos!

... hey, there weren't much news about that last part! If there are new idols in Splatoon 2... what those Squid Sisters Amiibos will do?! Could they let you... swap the new idols for the older ones?!

Long Live Splatoon 1!

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
... hey, there weren't much news about that last part! If there are new idols in Splatoon 2... what those Squid Sisters Amiibos will do?! Could they let you... swap the new idols for the older ones?!
Perhaps after you beat Single Player? Supposing Callie gets saved in some way.

Restricting Amiibo using until later parts of a game isn't unheard of anyway. Breath of the Wild did it a little at least. Maybe you could even take selfies with the Squid Sisters like you can with the regular Splatoon 1 and 2 Amiibo? That would certainly feed the fanboy/girl in most of the fandom...hahah.

Fluddinator

Pro Squid
That would be genius! Let's say that someone is unhappy with the fact that the Squid Sisters aren't around...

... and then you tell them to finish the game, so you can choose which band should give you news and SplatFest!

I was thinking if Callie and Marie Amiibos would give you respectively a themed Splat Roller and a Splat Charger, since I don't think I have ever seen them weilding their own weapons.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I was thinking if Callie and Marie Amiibos would give you respectively a themed Splat Roller and a Splat Charger, since I don't think I have ever seen them weilding their own weapons.
I think we may already receive those 2 weapons and the rest of the hero weapons via Hero Mode. No reason why Sheldon can't hand over what he's made for us to use in Hero mode already.

Maybe Maries umbrella and perhaps...Something Callie may weld in Hero mode, could be given though?

Fluddinator

Pro Squid
No no, I wasn't talking about Hero Weapons... more like a Splat Roller under the Callie's theme! Same for Marie's Splat Charger!

Maybe while you hold one of those weapons, you can choose if you want to listen to the Squid Sisters' music instead of the standard ones.

MiceChaff

Inkling
Question: do the ink mines now function as "trap" point sensors? Or do they still splat opponents? The description on the info page isn't clear on that.
IMG_1977.JPG

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
No no, I wasn't talking about Hero Weapons... more like a Splat Roller under the Callie's theme! Same for Marie's Splat Charger!
Aaah I see, gotcha. My mistake. That is a doable idea then possibly. Likely would be a reskinned weapon, but a nice bit of eye candy.

Not sure if the music idea would be ideal, but it certainly wouldn't hurt anything or give any unfair advantages. So I don't see why not.

On a random note...I'm a bit livid by the fact that we cant practice our weapons at all before the Splatfest starts. I want to get a feel for the new Roller mechanics, as well as the Special Weapon and Sub Weapon that comes with it. And yet, I don't get that chance....

At least let us test the available weapons in the tutorial area, or better yet- the training area teased in the recent Nintendo Direct.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Question: do the ink mines now function as "trap" point sensors? Or do they still splat opponents? The description on the info page isn't clear on that.View attachment 5110
They still splat foes, yes. That's an additional function they have now.

On a random note...I'm a bit livid by the fact that we cant practice our weapons at all before the Splatfest starts. I want to get a feel for the new Roller mechanics, as well as the Special Weapon and Sub Weapon that comes with it. And yet, I don't get that chance....

At least let us test the available weapons in the tutorial area, or better yet- the training area teased in the recent Nintendo Direct.
We didn't get to practice before any testfires, there's no prizes to be had in this splatfest, AND the game comes out in 11 days, be patient would ya? :P

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Oh, rad. It'll be interesting to see how they're used now that they seem to be a part of the E-Liter's base kit.
That's definitely the E-liter, looks a bit redesigned but too many details are the same for it to be anything else. That E-liter kit will be very annoying to approach!

Fluddinator

Pro Squid
Yeah, Sheldon should allow you to get into the Testing Area and try out the weapons. It's not like they will give you a huge choice anyway, so it wouldn't hurt at all...

What about the three N-Zaps? Did their design changed a lot...?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Yeah, Sheldon should allow you to get into the Testing Area and try out the weapons. It's not like they will give you a huge choice anyway, so it wouldn't hurt at all...

What about the three N-Zaps? Did their design changed a lot...?
The N-Zap is still in the game, yes. Doesn't seem to have changed.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
The only one we've seen so far has suction bombs and ink armor.

Fluddinator

Pro Squid
Interesting! A Supportive N-Zap potential!

I'll look forward to any Retro Gear which is around... either Splatoon 1s or Retro gaming ones!

Speaking of that, which Old Gear have you seen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom