• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
It's easily more noticeable on Moray Towers and even other map you can find a high vantage point. And it's a show when you've got three or four targets locked on.
The thing I'm most concerned about is having to find a good spot to target from without being splatted while I'm trying to target. I really don't want to have to jump back to the spawn point each time I want to use it.

But ya, if I can get used to it, I'm sure getting 3 or 4 targets will be quite a show. Probably a good idea to use it to get the enemy team off the tower in Tower Control.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Okay, so other than discovering that you can trade in a Sting Ray vs Sting Ray battle, I've been finding out the experience points required for upgraded gear now that I've got some super sea snails.

No idea if we can make a table, so I'm going inelegant:

# star — 1 slot | 2 slot | 3 slot
1 star — 2,000 | 6,000 | 10,000
2 star — 3,000 | 7,000 | 11,000
3 star — 4,000 | 8,000 | 12,000

So find yourself a nice one-star outfit, upgrade the slots and grind out those chunks!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Gotta say, this splatfest has rekindled my interest in the game. It probably helps that I've met a ton of great people. Shout-outs to @Ansible and @Achamo and @SyMag and @Babycowland and a bunch of other lovely people I don't know the forum handles of!

I think it was educational but fruitless to experiment with other weapons, I am a ranged fighter and a squelcher man at heart. Time to work on my skills of staying alive and pissing off the other team!

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Had a great time in this splat fest....only got to play for 20 or so minutes, but again I enjoyed it cause I got to try a few weapons.
I do genuinely feel a drastic change, each weapon feels really fun, and even when you get spawn camped you never truly feel hopeless on the maps, cause it can easily turn around with a cooperation.
Also I have to say if how they going about making map and weapons is any indicator they seem to be considering how these weapons will affect the game even more so than they did in the first.
So for the first time....in not so long a time, I have to say great job Nintendo and keep up the good work.

Sabeta

Inkster Jr.
I participated in exactly 50 Splatfest Matches, I was able to attain Mayo Queen, and for some reason my Grizzco headlamp AND Splatfest Tee rolled triple Ink Resistance. I wasn't even using a drink, so either those pieces of gear are actually biased or I got very lucky. My win rate finished somewhere around 55% and my Mayo Power peaked at ~1900 (just shy, really)

Lots of fun, collected my snails, and now it's time to start grinding out a real set now that I can upgrade the costumes I really want.

D

Deleted Member

Wow, this is the fifth time I joined a rank battle thinking it was turf war...still won though. :l

Smychavo

Full Squid
NNID
llantonino
Wait, the splatfest tee favors ink resistance as a sub-ability? Huh, I didn't know that... Now I feel unlucky since I never got a single triple on that blasted tee...

Sabeta

Inkster Jr.
Alright, now I've got Half-Rim Spectacles (Special Power Up - Splash Mob) with 3 Ink Saver (Mains). At the same time I tried Ranked out for the first time today, and I was allowed to skip up from C- to B- after a few successive wins and a single crack.

Rainmaker has instantly become a favorite of mine. I think the appeal of it comes from the fact that it's the more dynamic game mode. Tower Control features a Tower moving along a fixed rail. Splat Zones features a fixed point, but in Rainmaker the routes are more obscure.

the

Inkling Commander
image.jpeg

If we're still talkin about triple-rolls, I got this naturally right after upgrading my hoodie with snails.

It's cool but I'm not quite sure what kinda gear I'd use it with. Maybe turf war heavy splatling because of good sprinkler coverage?
Or maybe eliter in some ranked mode.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Sub up works really well with splash walls and curling bomb (increasing the walls defense and the curling bombs speed)
So I would recommend using that on the firefin splat charger or a range weapon with curing bomb
It also is pretty good with poison mist as well if you like to use it that way

the

Inkling Commander
Oh yeah! Maybe I could try to pick up the Jet Squelcher to get the hang of range bullying and using the poison mist effectively.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Quick note: If you own a 2DS or 3DS, the MyNintendo site is selling a Splatoon theme pack and Swapdoodle's Splatoon drawing lessons (does anyone even use that app?) for 20 and 30 gold coins respectively. The offers last until mid-October.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Heads up for anyone curious of that Famitsu Design Contest:
"The closing deadline for the illustration contest "Squid Fashion Contest 2017" hosted by Famitsu is approaching 8/10 (Thursday) the day after tomorrow. Gima and graffiti designed by you may appear in the squid world! Because I can still make it in time, I would like to apply quickly."

I wonder what kind of ideas everyone has brewed up this time...?

EDIT: Also, this exists now...
"A ring snack that imaged "Ikafurai" appearing in the hero mode was released from Mr. Bandai. The taste is squid seafood taste. It's a cup shape that you can eat without grufering hands even during the game!"

Looks yummy.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@ZEROrevive how do you apply for This? I love to see a bandanna in Splatoon 2 so I might just design 1

seaWEED

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3569-5511-7797
i'm kind of scared that this game wont turn out so hot.

cuz... matchmaking- "ah, there he goes again with the matchmaking rants."

i just hope the matchmaking wont be absolute bull.

in Splatoon 1 - Ranked Battles:

I get paired with (Higher Rank(s)) when I'm only (Lower Rank)

the other team gets more (Higher Ranked Players) than my team.
or my team gets more (Higher Ranked Players) than the other team.
(it sucks terribly)

in Splatoon 1 - Turf War:

the other team gets more (Higher Leveled Players) than my team.
my team gets more (Higher Leveled Players) than the other team.

in Splatoon 1 - Both modes:

My team/The other team gets completely spawncamped/destroyed.

My team/The other team gets more than one Charger/Roller/Shooter/Blaster which can cause problems sometimes.
I once got paired up with 2 enemy splatterscopers. They completely carried their team.

laggy japanese players
pro japanese players everywhere

It's like this almost EVERY DAY.
High levels just means someone played for a long time.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
@ZEROrevive how do you apply for This? I love to see a bandanna in Splatoon 2 so I might just design 1
I'm not sure if people outside of japan can enter, but there's some info regarding the contest itself and how it works here. It's entirely Japanese otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom