Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zzmorg82

Pro Squid
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch Friend Code
SW-2476-2506-3411
With or without the fast forward? And with our without the hero replicas included?

Masochistically tempting once we stop getting weapons... but I'd question even my masochism! @_@
With the fast forward and with the replicas included. I don't even want to imagine how my A button would look/feel like if we had to manually slog through his babbling...

shudders

xpheonix393x

Inkling
NNID
xpheonix393x
With the fast forward and with the replicas included. I don't even want to imagine how my A button would look/feel like if we had to manually slog through his babbling...

shudders
Seeing that the messages take a few seconds and there are 80(ish) buy-able weapons, It would probably take a few minutes of spamming your A button.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Spawn camping is a literal stage now?
Lol that’s funny. The past Shifty felt a little bland. There was little hype for the grapinks but IMO everyone just found them an annoyance after awhile. But yes this map encourages spawn camping.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Here comes the potential last weapon before bulk drops!

Custom Range Blaster with that Curling Bomb and Bubble Blower combination.

Now we could get one final regular drop next week but I find it unlikely as 3.0.0 will likely drop Wednesday (final week of April ready to start the first Rank X season).

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Imagine:
Either a cool homage to the Grim, being a potent frontliner with a sub weapon that covers it's weaknesses perfectly and a somewhat mismatched special that regardless it can still work with
OR
Not so much of a poor man's forge as much as a completely bankrupt man's forge, with a mangled kit that ensures that it'll stay overshadowed entirely by both vanilla range and forge

I'd like to be proven wrong, but this kit looks really terrible on paper. There are better blower users out there(Heavy Deco/Forge), and without the DPS to pop them quickly enough it'll stay overshadowed by those two. Curlings aren't guaranteed to collide with bubbles since they bounce and float a lot, and while curlings are nice I'd never would've picked them over bursts for the range blasters.

-sigh- I get the feeling this'll rest in the bottom tier junkyard once the novelty of it being new wears off.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I get the feeling this'll rest in the bottom tier junkyard once the novelty of it being new wears off.
Considering people already never use the regular Range Blaster, which is a great weapon, yeah...this one'll show up in a handful of matches this weekend and then probably will be one of the rarest weapons you can come across.

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
Elecmaw beat me to it, but when you look at the Custom Range Blaster, the original datamine's kit was way better, but instead Nintendo changed it last minute to give it what may be the worst possible special for Range Blaster, on top of a sub that does not combo that well with the Main or the Bubbles to compensate.
It is rather sad since pretty much every other Bubble Blower weapon can make better use of them. Yes, even the Tenta Brella. Yes, even the Custom E-Liter.
I'm pretty sure that this weapon will be used during the weekend because ''OMG CRB HYPE!!!!1!!1!111!'' Just because the Custom Range Blaster in Splatoon 1 was one of the God weapons. Then it'll almost completely disappear.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Does it really pop the bubbles that slowly? I play the Range Blaster a lot, and I thought it did an alright job? I mean, I still think it'd suck simply because the Bubble Blower isn't good on anything and because if you want a Range Blaster with an area control you already got one with the Ink Storm, which is better.

Curling Bomb wouldn't be bad for it though.
I'm pretty sure that this weapon will be used during the weekend because ''OMG CRB HYPE!!!!1!!1!111!'' Just because the Custom Range Blaster in Splatoon 1 was one of the God weapons.
That's funny, I think it's the worst out of the three S1 Range Blasters. I don't recall people really using it either.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Does it really pop the bubbles that slowly? I play the Range Blaster a lot, and I thought it did an alright job? I mean, I still think it'd suck simply because the Bubble Blower isn't good on anything and because if you want a Range Blaster with an area control you already got one with the Ink Storm, which is better.

Curling Bomb wouldn't be bad for it though.

That's funny, I think it's the worst out of the three S1 Range Blasters. I don't recall people really using it either.
It's really none of my business, and I'm not meaning to say it to you negatively, but I am continuously amazed by how much your opinion clashes against the common opinion.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
It's really none of my business, and I'm not meaning to say it to you negatively, but I am continuously amazed by how much your opinion clashes against the common opinion.
MissingNumbers is right, Minkukel. I wouldn't say you're wrong, but your opinion consistently goes against common knowledge and opinions on pretty much every subject. It's very contrarian.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well, Splatoon is first and foremost a skill-based/action-y game. So there's a bit more room for different opinions I think. I just don't think the Bubble Blower is a good special. At least not in non-competitive play, which is where I do my playing. It's (and also the Sting Ray, which I've stated I dislike) uses are too limited for me in a game where every other special can be used 3 times a match to good effect. There are entire matches where I didn't have a good opportunity to make proper use of the Bubble Blower or the Sting Ray, and that just doesn't cut it for me.

Like I said some time before, it might be good in Clam Blitz, but I haven't really tried it there. Even then, I'd rather use Ink Storm.

I'm not trying to be contrarian or some kind of Splatoon hipster or anything.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532

They somehow made the issues with Saltspray even worse by letting us toss bombs from one spawn to another.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
That looks much better than Saltspray Rig IMO. Saltspray had a whole bunch of things that made it suck, none of which I really see in this map. No telling how it actually is until I play it, but I'm curious to try it.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108

They somehow made the issues with Saltspray even worse by letting us toss bombs from one spawn to another.
WHAT THE HECK HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU, SALTSPRAY?! Just kidding, no one likes you, Saltspray. Where did you find this???

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I think the Custom Range Blaster is quite good actually. Curling Bomb + Blaster direct equals pop, making it as fast as the Forge Pro. Not as flexible of course since you need to be right next to the Bubble to ensure the Curling Bomb connects, but no big deal either since the 3rd Bubble will always be in front of you anyway. Curling Bomb does give a much appreciated boost to otherwise low mobility and special charge, but yeah the ink efficiency is the main issue.

I'm down with this, been so long since we've had an asymmetrical map, and it's only temporary.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
WHAT THE HECK HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU, SALTSPRAY?! Just kidding, no one likes you, Saltspray. Where did you find this???
I....i liked saltspray

I actually found it to be one of the most balanced splat zones maps cause there were just so many ways to get to the objective....plus inkmines had so much value back then:(

I feel that it need a map adjustment like Urchin underpass (btw where on earth did this map go?)
Cause for the other modes Tower Control was a mess and Rainmaker especially was just a camping trip for whoever grabbed the rainmaker

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I feel that it need a map adjustment like Urchin underpass (btw where on earth did this map go?)
I think it was semi replaced by the reef, since they kinda have the same thing going on for 'em (location, theme, how they're generally structured and the fact that they were both the first stages when we first saw the games).

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I'd rather have Saltspray over Moray/Mackerel tbh

Getting bad vibes from this shifty station map, it looks very small and cramped with what looks like one main point of conflict. With the issues already being present with Saltspray and right-side aiming, it'll easily become much worse on this map because there's this all-important corner right outside spawn.
There's also the fact spawn is now just two corridors to the battlefield, making a proper spawncamp nigh-impossible to escape from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom