Splatoon DLC

If Splatoon had DLC, what would you want it to be of?

• Maps!

Votes: 74 75.5%
  • Outfits!

Votes: 69 70.4%
  • Weapons!

Votes: 60 61.2%
  • I don't want DLC at all!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other;

Votes: 21 21.4%

• Total voters

CyberHyperPhoenix

Senior Squid
Guys I just thought of something.

If Fox gets an outfit in Splatoon.

He should shoot ink with his blaster like in Smash with his Lasers.

*Mind Blown*

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
i actually hope map packs are free updates and not DLC...

hear me out. since map packs are paid DLC and you have to own the map pack to play on those maps, you don't get to experience it at all. however, if weapons and clothes were paid DLC, you get to see other players using them and make a decision for yourself, experiencing it in game without an outside source. because of this, map packs really fracture communities, splitting them up into 2: those who are stuck with the vanilla game, and those who have the game with all the maps

this is why cod has so many map packs as DLC, it's actually not detrimental to activisions plans. they want players to buy the new game the next year, so they don't care that it fragments the community; the community will split anyway. this way, they make more money with only a minimal loss of players. and that's also why games that release maps for free, such as TF2, live so long. since they aren't competing with their own products, free maps help the longevity of the game by giving players something new to play on and keeping the community a single entity

i hope the DLC is anything BUT map packs because of that... i'd be fine having to pay for clothes packs or weapon packs, but map packs would break my heart, especially on such an underselling console that's probably only going to have an active online playerbase of tens of thousands

Oni

Full Squid
Bowser Jr. DLC
e gadd's paintbrush and turns into a blooper :troll: (rip)

honestly map packs could be really fun just like other shooters.

Alternatively it would be really fun to play in Nintendo universes go ahead and get ink all over hyrule or Zebes. As for weapons types could be fun but having specific pay to win weapons would be annoying. weapon skins could be fun of course.

spyro839

Inkling
i actually hope map packs are free updates and not DLC...

hear me out. since map packs are paid DLC and you have to own the map pack to play on those maps, you don't get to experience it at all. however, if weapons and clothes were paid DLC, you get to see other players using them and make a decision for yourself, experiencing it in game without an outside source. because of this, map packs really fracture communities, splitting them up into 2: those who are stuck with the vanilla game, and those who have the game with all the maps

this is why cod has so many map packs as DLC, it's actually not detrimental to activisions plans. they want players to buy the new game the next year, so they don't care that it fragments the community; the community will split anyway. this way, they make more money with only a minimal loss of players. and that's also why games that release maps for free, such as TF2, live so long. since they aren't competing with their own products, free maps help the longevity of the game by giving players something new to play on and keeping the community a single entity

i hope the DLC is anything BUT map packs because of that... i'd be fine having to pay for clothes packs or weapon packs, but map packs would break my heart, especially on such an underselling console that's probably only going to have an active online playerbase of tens of thousands
also pvz garden warfare. Such an awesome tps

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
Bowser Jr. DLC
e gadd's paintbrush and turns into a blooper :troll: (rip)

honestly map packs could be really fun just like other shooters.

Alternatively it would be really fun to play in Nintendo universes go ahead and get ink all over hyrule or Zebes. As for weapons types could be fun but having specific pay to win weapons would be annoying. weapon skins could be fun of course.
i'm not saying that i don't want new maps! i'm just saying i don't want them to be paid DLC, and i'd rather have other things like new weapons and clothes as DLC since you can still experience them in some form without them, leaving the community unsplit

Oni

Full Squid
i'm not saying that i don't want new maps! i'm just saying i don't want them to be paid DLC, and i'd rather have other things like new weapons and clothes as DLC since you can still experience them in some form without them, leaving the community unsplit
Agreed but im not sure if it would be feasible.

I hate when map packs split up communities. Of course they sell ridiculously well so its just god business to not make them free.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Agreed but im not sure if it would be feasible.

I hate when map packs split up communities. Of course they sell ridiculously well so its just god business to not make them free.
The problem is it takes a lot of resources to make maps. Especially with the size of Splatoon, you have to model them, texture, bux fix, etc; etc;. Making them free just doesn't make sense. They seem to work pretty fine in Mario Kart 8, though.

Reactions: Oni

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
The problem is it takes a lot of resources to make maps. Especially with the size of Splatoon, you have to model them, texture, bux fix, etc; etc;. Making them free just doesn't make sense. They seem to work pretty fine in Mario Kart 8, though.
that hasn't stopped other games from having maps come in free content patches...

they could always charge for other things like cosmetic items and weapon skins to make up for the cost of developing said maps, as well

Lyn

Premium
that hasn't stopped other games from having maps come in free content patches...

they could always charge for other things like cosmetic items and weapon skins to make up for the cost of developing said maps, as well
That is a good point. I suppose we will have to see how they take this route.

pixelatedcody

[S+99] Octoshot {AKA Pixel]
NNID
cncody
I really hope they add DLC Packs. Nintendo so far has been really good on the Pricing with the DLC for the other games (Mario Kart 8 is a good example.)
If they follow that format and the quality of the DLC. I'll be stoked. I mean I'd already be excited already regardless of pricing but eh.

Lyn

Premium
I really hope they add DLC Packs. Nintendo so far has been really good on the Pricing with the DLC for the other games (Mario Kart 8 is a good example.)
If they follow that format and the quality of the DLC. I'll be stoked. I mean I'd already be excited already regardless of pricing but eh.
Well they have confirmed DLC so let's just hope they keep to their formula (knowing Nintendo, they probably will). :)

The N

Inkling
NNID
meruna
I hope we will get some great DLCs. Maps, Weapons ect.

Maybe some coll crossover themed stuff, that would be great. Take a battle in hyrule castle or in bowser castle i think he would be really mad.

Lyn

Premium
There do seem to be weapons you can get. But they seem to be nothing more than just reskins of weapons you can get normally.
Yes, those are reskins of current weapons thankfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom