• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Spyke's nightly escapades (or: the ordering system)

Njok

Bouncer
EDIT: Damn, i got ninja'd
Lol!

If only you knew how fast i was typing to beat you to it :P

But yeah, it's very curious how this odds have been decided and i'm not about to test it out, but indeed it's at least something and based on what my experiences with Spyke are it might just be right.

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
I should point out that I got the information from @Sharpzz post in the shiny and pure gear thread. Either way, this is a development. I'm going to keep track of all future orders to see if the odds correlate.

We should also research whether the odds continue to rise as our ranks go up, as it's likely the percentage goes up with level like initially predicted. @Njok, now we have something to build on, maybe we could change the purpose of this thread to a place for summarising our orders from Spyke, stating what level we were at the time of receiving?

Njok

Bouncer
I should point out that I got the information from @Sharpzz post in the shiny and pure gear thread. Either way, this is a development. I'm going to keep track of all future orders to see if the odds correlate.

We should also research whether the odds continue to rise as our ranks go up, as it's likely the percentage goes up with level like initially predicted. Maybe we should create a thread where we summarise our orders and state what level we were at the time of receiving?
I am fine with that, but realize that in order to say anything even remotely accurate about it we would have to have a really large sample. Which we're probably not gonna get unless the whole forum joins in :p That's fine though, we should still try.

Edit: I lol'd at your new signature :D

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
I am fine with that, but realize that in order to say anything even remotely accurate about it we would have to have a really large sample. Which we're probably not gonna get unless the whole forum joins in :p That's fine though, we should still try.
Edited my post as you quoted it. :P Yeah that would be a huge problem, might work if we can get it to be a community experiment though. Users would also be able to contribute multiple times which helps. 1 order a day, even if only 20 people posted, would add up quickly.

Njok

Bouncer
Edited my post as you quoted it. :p Yeah that would be a huge problem, might work if we can get it to be a community experiment though. Users would also be able to contribute multiple times which helps. 1 order a day, even if only 20 people posted, would add up quickly.
That is true, but at the same time probably doesn't cut it. We're talking about a chance of 1 in 200 to get the fully unlocked gear.

Now let's say 20 people post their results daily for a month, meaning we'd have 620 orders to get to a conclusion. That's not going to be accurate at all. I don't really see any other solution at the moment though.

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
That is true, but at the same time probably doesn't cut it. We're talking about a chance of 1 in 200 to get the fully unlocked gear.

Now let's say 20 people post their results daily for a month, meaning we'd have 620 orders to get to a conclusion. That's not going to be accurate at all. I don't really see any other solution at the moment though.
True. Someone needs to come up with an alternative then. I can't stand Spyke's shenanigans and it'd be reassuring to know the chances get better once we reach level 50. :P

Dave1

Inkling
Keep in mind via the same Japanese source at level 16+ we have:

Gear with 2 sub abilities on it.
30% chance of getting no sub ability.
60% chance of getting one sub ability.
10% chance of getting exactly what you ordered.

Gear with 1 sub ability on it.
70% chance of getting exactly what you ordered.

Gear with 0 sub abilities on it.
100% chance of getting exactly what you ordered.

Also on the same site is some information that I can't quite understand due to the language barrier that shows values for re-rolling gear with Spyke change based on level all the way to level 50. Since the information about ordering gear only goes up to level 16 we should assume that passing level 16 probably does not increase our chances of getting exactly what we ordered.

Edit: I forgot to mention this but if a gear below level 3 has a slot unlocked by paying 30k to Spyke, that piece of gear no longer behaves the same. Even if the sub abilities aren't unlocked it will have the same probability of ordering with the total number of slots unlocked counting as 1 sub ability apiece. For example a level 2 gear with 3 slots but only 1 ability on it has a 0.5% chance for you to order the exact piece of gear from Spyke. Otherwise the extra slots will get cut off.

Last edited:

Njok

Bouncer
Keep in mind via the same Japanese source at level 16+ we have:

Gear with 2 sub abilities on it.
60% chance of getting one sub ability.
10% chance of getting exactly what you ordered.

Gear with 1 sub ability on it.
70% chance of getting exactly what you ordered.

Gear with 0 sub abilities on it.
100% chance of getting exactly what you ordered.
Well yeah, but that's the same list except extended for lazy people :P Obviously if you order something that doesn't have 3 sub abilities yet, the chance of getting 3 of them is 0%. Same goes for 2 and 1 sub abilities.

Also on the same site is some information that I can't quite understand due to the language barrier that shows values for re-rolling gear with Spyke change based on level all the way to level 50. Since the information about ordering gear only goes up to level 16 we should assume that passing level 16 probably does not increase our chances of getting exactly what we ordered.
This is making me very curious and i hope someone will be able to translate that part, because i don't see how chances of re-rolling could improve considering the way it works.

Dave1

Inkling
Oops! It seems those probabilities for "1-50" actually were correlating to the expected values for re-rolling gear 1-50 times lol. So it could still be true that being level 50 gives us a slight advantage on getting the exact gear! :)

Njok

Bouncer
Oops! It seems those probabilities for "1-50" actually were correlating to the expected values for re-rolling gear 1-50 times lol. So it could still be true that being level 50 gives us a slight advantage on getting the exact gear! :)
Let's hope it does for orders from Spyke. I kind of expected it to work this way since it was originally intended that you could order the exact copy (see earlier in this thread), but then they apparently changed that at the last moment. I assumed they did that to let snails keep their value and to have a reason for adding extra levels later on. If it works the way it was posted on Gamefaqs, it would make sense if the odds just slightly increase with leveling up. There is absolutely no way of finding this out though unless Nintendo makes a statement about it :(

As for re-rolling and leveling up gear, i can't imagine that levels matter in that case, because that would mean that they have to change the odds for each brand / sub ability for every level.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Just recently checked my last order, I didn't get any win streaks and I got a headgear with 2/3 slots unlocked for 50000c

So yeah, doesn't seem winstreaks affect anything but the information above is huge however. Definitely a breakthrough.

Sharpzz

Full Squid
Have any of the Splatoon hackers found anything about the ordering system in the coding?

Kryzz

Full Squid
NNID
Valdraya
Known facts so far:

1. Ordering from high level players gives you a better chance;
Looking at the Japanese source of this.. where exactly does it say that it's ordering from higher level players that affects the chances? It just says player rank, and you can order stuff from players who are level 1, yet that's not included in the chart, which leads me to believe it's your level that affects the outcome, if anything. Granted you'd only be able to order basic gear with 1 slot open or unopen from them, but they could still put that in the table

Njok

Bouncer
Looking at the Japanese source of this.. where exactly does it say that it's ordering from higher level players that affects the chances? It just says player rank, and you can order stuff from players who are level 1, yet that's not included in the chart, which leads me to believe it's your level that affects the outcome, if anything. Granted you'd only be able to order basic gear with 1 slot open or unopen from them, but they could still put that in the table
Pretty sure either Judd or Spyke says that ordering from higher level players gives a better chance. May have also been in the prima guide but i don't have that so somebody else may have to confirm that.

Just to be clear, you are quoting my OP here which was posted a good while ago. Things may have changed after updates (haven't heard they did but i wouldn't be surprised) and i also mention no Japanese source in my post.

Kryzz

Full Squid
NNID
Valdraya
Pretty sure either Judd or Spyke says that ordering from higher level players gives a better chance. May have also been in the prima guide but i don't have that so somebody else may have to confirm that.
Anyone got a picture of this?

Njok

Bouncer
Anyone got a picture of this?
No, i don't have a picture of this. Not really sure what your point is?

A few posts above i quoted a gamefaqs post where the odds are explained. If that is correct, levels don't matter. In that case the OP is incorrect on some points indeed. As i pointed out that was posted quite a while ago when none of this was known.

Kryzz

Full Squid
NNID
Valdraya
No, i don't have a picture of this. Not really sure what your point is?
Just looking for confirmation because it's interesting and I haven't heard this before is all.. Why else would I ask for a picture? :confused:

Njok

Bouncer
Just looking for confirmation because it's interesting and I haven't heard this before is all.. Why else would I ask for a picture? :confused:
Well like i said i'm not sure why you are bringing this point up all of a sudden, when a few posts back an explanation has been posted that already proves that levels or rank don't matter.

So assuming that the Japanese wiki is correct, my OP is not.

Not sure why you would need a picture in that case, but maybe i'm just not understanding your correctly or something? I am pretty sure though that at the moment i posted that it was considered a known fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom