• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squidboards Suggestion Thread

The Claw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
mariomario494949
Not sure if anyone has suggested this yet, but it would be cool to have a 4 hour timer on the site telling us when the stage selection changes. The timer could reset each time the game switch stages. It could also display the current stages being played.

*Edit* There's a post similar to mine, my bad.

Last edited:

DaJoezenOne

Inkling
NNID
DaJoezenOne
Is there a place on Squidboards that will just be updated to say what maps are currently online and stuff? That would be really convenient.

toadster101

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0022-0027-5937
I want to post more than 20 images, I'm currently making a thread that involves a load of good, well drawn Miiverse drawings in a new thread I'll be doing for the summer.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-updated-5-30-15.337642/page-10#post-19317910
Link to post, I want to post this on Squidboards too, but I can't. Could you raise the limit if possible?
http://squidboards.com/threads/squidboards-suggestion-thread.8/page-5#post-25474

They still haven't acknowledged my post. :(

shrooby

Get Kraken
There should be a box on the home page with the two maps currently in rotation and the time the game will switch to a new set of maps.
Unless there's somewhere online where the stage choices are updated and then the info could be extracted from that place (I'm no coding wiz. I'm just assuming something like that could work), it would be pretty impossible for the person who has to change it every four hours manually. Even if multiple people we're put on doing that it would still be quite the task.

Just a timer would be more doable though I think.
@Warchamp7 would it be possible to incorporate a timer into the top of the site or something? Or like a sidebar?

Last edited:

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
Isn't it easy enough to remember it changes every four hours? Your literally need to remember that and at the least one time the maps change and you're set. I know in EST it goes 2 6 10 no problem.

Specific Weapons and their branded versions:
Gives people the wrong idea. I can understand the confusion, but the different subs and specials are game changers. Stats don't mean as much. The biggest example I've seen so far seems to be with the Classic and new Squiffer. One's Defensive, the other is Offensive. Making one thread implies you should play these weapons the exact same. The only reason I have both Replica and Splat Roller/Charger/Shot is because they ARE the same weapon with a different paint job.

My best hope right now is to have a subform for each of the weapon types, and just put each of my threads into their respective subforum, and then have a general weapon discussion as it's own subforum and have gear as it's own subforum.
Specific weapons under a general weapon subforum would be best if peeps wanted the subforum route. It's not organized chaos, because people are lazy and are not going to dig for a thread with the specific weapon and load-out and talk about it. It isolates the thread and the discussion, and doesn't allow it to take place concurrently with the other identical weapons with different loadouts. As it is now, if people want to draw comparisons to another weapon it's pointless from a reading and discussion stand-point, because people aren't going to look in the .52 Gal Deco thread for .52 Gal discussion. Conversation has no potential to grow this way.

A single general thread is too broad, as you said. Right now it is too thin.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Specific weapons under a general weapon subforum would be best if peeps wanted the subforum route. It's not organized chaos, because people are lazy and are not going to dig for a thread with the specific weapon and load-out and talk about it. It isolates the thread and the discussion, and doesn't allow it to take place concurrently with the other identical weapons with different loadouts. As it is now, if people want to draw comparisons to another weapon it's pointless from a reading and discussion stand-point, because people aren't going to look in the .52 Gal Deco thread for .52 Gal discussion. Conversation has no potential to grow this way.

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to tell me, so I'm going to go by it one by one.
Specific weapons under a general weapon subforum would be best if peeps wanted the subforum route. It's not organized chaos, because people are lazy and are not going to dig for a thread with the specific weapon and load-out and talk about it.
First off, proof? The fact that there is a search bar? Any why wouldn't they? I have plenty to talk about with Splat charger's Splat bombs and the Kelp charger's Sprinkler myself. As they are two different weapons in this sense.

It isolates the thread and the discussion, and doesn't allow it to take place concurrently with the other identical weapons with different loadouts. As it is now, if people want to draw comparisons to another weapon it's pointless from a reading and discussion stand-point, because people aren't going to look in the .52 Gal Deco thread for .52 Gal discussion. Conversation has no potential to grow this way.

...Huh? I'm not sure where this is coming from. As course people can compare weapons if they want. And they have. I've seen people compare the chargers I've mentioned earlier. As well as the Gals. Speaking of, the most confusing thing of yours is the point about the Gals. Why would they? They are different weapons. Very different play styles.

If you want to have a place to discuss multiple weapons, then we should have a general weapons thread that coexist with with all my weapon threads.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
IFirst off, proof? The fact that there is a search bar? Any why wouldn't they? I have plenty to talk about with Splat charger's Splat bombs and the Kelp charger's Sprinkler myself. As they are two different weapons in this sense.

...Huh? I'm not sure where this is coming from. As course people can compare weapons if they want. And they have. I've seen people compare the chargers I've mentioned earlier. As well as the Gals. Speaking of, the most confusing thing of yours is the point about the Gals. Why would they? They are different weapons. Very different play styles.

If you want to have a place to discuss multiple weapons, then we should have a general weapons thread that coexist with with all my weapon threads.
No one uses search features. I don't need proof for this, I can just say I've been on forums for almost 10 years at this point and it's just a thing that no one does. I'm sure you've noticed the tons of duplicate threads. This is because people don't read or do more than a cursory skim of a page.

The rest, I don't think I made myself really clear I guess. Yes, people are going to talk about the weapons. But look at the tendency people have, and that is to talk about EVERY weapon. When this happens, and you get essays about the Splat charger and Kelp charger in the same thread (let's say the Kelp charger thread), no one knows to go into that particular thread to read what some guy says about the Splat charger. Because it is filed away into such a specific category, someone that does see the thread will not click on it if they wanted to talk about the Splat charger instead of the Kelp charger, despite the fact there are good posts in that thread. This stifles discussion imo.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
No one uses search features. I don't need proof for this, I can just say I've been on forums for almost 10 years at this point and it's just a thing that no one does. I'm sure you've noticed the tons of duplicate threads. This is because people don't read or do more than a cursory skim of a page.

The rest, I don't think I made myself really clear I guess. Yes, people are going to talk about the weapons. But look at the tendency people have, and that is to talk about EVERY weapon. When this happens, and you get essays about the Splat charger and Kelp charger in the same thread (let's say the Kelp charger thread), no one knows to go into that particular thread to read what some guy says about the Splat charger. Because it is filed away into such a specific category, someone that does see the thread will not click on it if they wanted to talk about the Splat charger instead of the Kelp charger, despite the fact there are good posts in that thread. This stifles discussion imo.

This all sounds like a member problem rather than my weapon thread problems. If people don't know how to use forums then they should learn. And if they refuse, then force will be required, (but we can hopefully not get to that point).

Also, putting "similar" weapons in the same thread also has potential to stifle discussion. Especially if one weapon is considered better. If one is deemed superior, then it is more likely people won't want to talk about it, and therefore want to "shut people up" who want to talk about it. As they would think there would be "no point."

It would also provide confusion. If I for example said "I love being defensive with the Squiffer" for example. While this is described for the New Squiffer, if a new member didn't know that much about the squiffers, they could assume the classic Squiffer was meant to be played defensively, even though thats more an offensive weapon.

Jiggly

Senior Squid
NNID
Jiggly101
Idk if this has been mentioned, but one thing that would make @Squidboards a lot better is if we had emoticons of all the weapons, subs, and specials. Maybe stages too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom