• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Squidboards Suggestion Thread

bluecrow

Senior Squid
I'd like to address the mess that makes up the weapons and gear section, by creating more sub forums. More specifically sorting things out into
  • gear (such as hats, shirts and shoes)
  • weapons (either separate or together)
    • rollers
    • chargers
    • shooters
    • blasters
  • sub weapons
  • special weapons
I feel like this would clear a lot of the clutter in that section

Another suggestion would be to get more mods, They don't seem to have much of a presence at the time being with in the squidboards. I would be willing to volunteer, if needed

NWPlayer123

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NWPlayer1234
2 things I've come up with so far: Implement table BBCode so it's easy to display stuff like lists of weapons, gear, or abilities in guides and otherwise. Plain one column lists don't cut it sometimes :\
Also, custom alerts based on keywords. For example, I'd want to get alerted anytime someone mentioned "Octoling" (with wildcards, preferably).

Otherwise, works really great.

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
How do messages work? Are they the amount of threads or posts? Neither seems to apply to mine, as the message counter doesn't update most of the time.

bluecrow

Senior Squid
How do messages work? Are they the amount of threads or posts? Neither seems to apply to mine, as the message counter doesn't update most of the time.
wrong thread for your question,
but anyways, if I recall correctly it should be the number of posts you make on threads (not counting profile posts, the shoutbox and private messages/conversations) and I don't think it updates instantly

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Really enjoying my time here so far. Only, a couple of things in groups:

1) I'd suggest a way to "follow" a group. As opposed to being listed as a member. Just the ability to send all new threads/member wall posts/general posts to the alert box.
2) A way to edit the description of a group.
3) A way to link your Team to a Squad, a Team to a Region, or a Squad to a Region. This would help in knowing who's where.

A sidenote, but also adding emotes for the main weapons in the game? I don't know if that was planned or how hard that would be, but that would be nice.

Thanks!

Zunoa

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ZunoaX
Is it possible to add like some main weapon emotes, along with some squid emotes and things like that? Other than that, I'm satisfied.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
I feel like the forum "The Crispy Calimari" Should be rebranded to talk about squads/recruitment, possibly to set up matches between the squads. All other threads should be moved into "Squid Social". But hey, that's just my opinion. I just feel like the squad stuff should have its own forum.

pnkgoldcatpeach

Inkling
NNID
pinkgoldcatpeach
I suggest we have a thing like smashboards has that allows us to tell everyone our main weapons? like the icons under our prof pic when we post?

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
I suggest, as a group owner, you should be able to pin and delete threads as well as send mass alerts with more than 26 characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom