• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squidboards Suggestion Thread

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
Can we expand the categories for guides? Maybe like "Basic Team strategy" and things of the such? I'd like to write one about TOing, but I think it'd be better placed as a guide rather than a long OP.
Sure. I've added categories for "Team Strategy" and "Tournament Organization."

If anyone has other suggestions for new guide categories, let me know.

I think we should sort out the Inkopolis Plaza. It gets hard searching for mafia and ICs and fanfics and stuff.

MORE SUBFORUMS PUHLEEZ.

For examples, go to pokecommunity.com.
What other subforums would you like to see?

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I am actually against more sub-forums. The bulbagarden forum, for example, have a TON of subs and it only makes navigating through it more confusing; Anyways, here is my suggestion. You know how you can set your main characters on your profile on Smashboards? And the main characters' icons appear below your avatar? Example:
Now we all know we don't main characters in Splatoon, but we do main weapons! So my suggestion is: Would it be possible to set main weapons on the profile, with icon(s) appearing below our avatars like in Smashboards? I have noticed we don't have weapon icons on the smilies tab, but since we have sub-weapon and special icons, it wouldn't be too hard to add weapon smilies as well, would it?

D

Deleted Member

I agree. Very few sub-forums if any and icons on your profile to show your main.

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
I feel we have a good amount of categories and boards, so until there is an absolute need for a new board, the count will stay as is.

I'll see what can happen with profile icons and updating the forum with new icons for the new weapons.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
A Mafia board, an IC and OOC board, separate, and a worldbuilding one, if you want.
Personally, I don't think that's necessary.

It's not like there are tons of threads over there anyways.

BUT what would be cool is the Smashboards-esque tags. I think that's something that would accomplish the same goal.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'll see what can happen with profile icons and updating the forum with new icons for the new weapons.
Cool!
Personally, I don't think that's necessary.

It's not like there are tons of threads over there anyways.

BUT what would be cool is the Smashboards-esque tags. I think that's something that would accomplish the same goal.
They could be in a few years, when the forum is bigger. Though I am not opposed to one or two more sub forums.

D

Deleted Member

Can you stop bots from spamming the boards with advertisement threads?

D

Deleted Member

Something really needs to be done about these spam bots. They've been flooding the forums relentlessly with duplicate advertisements threads. If we implemented some anti-bot system, the quality of these forums would improve dramatically.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I'm glad about the addition of the weapon icons in the emotes tab, but I'd to see the Octoshot's icon too along with the rest of the missing weapons.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Something really needs to be done about these spam bots. They've been flooding the forums relentlessly with duplicate advertisements threads. If we implemented some anti-bot system, the quality of these forums would improve dramatically.
Possibly make is so that after making a set number of threads (5?) in a short period of time (A half hour?), someone has to wait for a set period of time to post again and is automatically notified to the mods to check for whether they are a bot.

D

Deleted Member

Possibly make is so that after making a set number of threads (5?) in a short period of time (A half hour?), someone has to wait for a set period of time to post again and is automatically notified to the mods to check for whether they are a bot.
Or implement captchas and questions for registration so bots cannot join.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Can you guys possibly get the icons for all gear pieces into the emote list? Particularly, I noticed the absence of the Level reward gear pieces, being the Armor Helmet and Jacket, the Octo Tee, and the Legendary Cap. But I have noticed other gear missing, such as the Traditional Famistu set and of course the new stuff. So can we get it all in?

MintChipper

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TonyEH
This isn't exactly a suggestion but the forum support doesn't say much about bugs.
If you have a problem with a user, moderator, or policy, post your issue here. This forum is confidential; only administrators will be able to see your threads.
Sometimes the site says I have 4-6 alerts, and then when I check them I only get 1 or 2, I'm scrolling down and checking all of my alerts so I think this is a bug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom