• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squidboards Suggestion Thread

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
This isn't exactly a suggestion but the forum support doesn't say much about bugs.
If you have a problem with a user, moderator, or policy, post your issue here. This forum is confidential; only administrators will be able to see your threads.
Sometimes the site says I have 4-6 alerts, and then when I check them I only get 1 or 2, I'm scrolling down and checking all of my alerts so I think this is a bug.
I got this too, but I figured out what it was. Spambots get into forums you're following and make a new thread, alerting you. These spam threads then get cleared, but the alert stays without having anywhere to lead.

So I think the real issue here is find a way to remove alerts for deleted spam threads/ address spam threads in the first place?

MintChipper

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TonyEH
I got this too, but I figured out what it was. Spambots get into forums you're following and make a new thread, alerting you. These spam threads then get cleared, but the alert stays without having anywhere to lead.

So I think the real issue here is find a way to remove alerts for deleted spam threads/ address spam threads in the first place?
Huh, I'm watching the Tournament listings forum atm and there's been a couple bots there, I'll stop watching it and see if it's fixed

Edit: It's fixed, thank you.

Last edited:

LockeExile

Pro Squid
NNID
Locke64
[float] tag would be nice ([float=right] and [float=left]), or some other means of producing an inline-block to be able to better arrange signatures horizontally rather than vertically.

Specifically, I want to be able to add several lines of text to the right of my images. I could accomplish this by wrapping each section in [float=left], or by wrapping the text in the equivalent of <div style="display: inline-block;"></div>

Float tags could also help improve the layout of guides with small images so they can wrap text around them.[/left][/right]

paintgun300

Inkling
Got a suggestion for the forum? Want tor recommend someone for moderator? Think you know a good site feature? Let us know here! We'll check this out from time to time and see what can be done - improvements will happen incrementally but they will happen!
You should create a Facebook page just like smashboards, so people can stay up to date about twitch and YouTube feeds and tournaments.

YOJOEHOJO

Inkling
NNID
YOJOEHOJO
I have been on here for only a few days and I've noticed that moderators don't come on a whole lot except for every few hours. This wouldn't be a problem if posts didn't need to be checked before they fully went through. I'm not asking for that to be changed for the fact that it makes sense to why, but maybe adding a few more moderators would help smooth processes along?

Silver

Speedrunning Inkling
NNID
MHFsilver
I have been on here for only a few days and I've noticed that moderators don't come on a whole lot except for every few hours. This wouldn't be a problem if posts didn't need to be checked before they fully went through. I'm not asking for that to be changed for the fact that it makes sense to why, but maybe adding a few more moderators would help smooth processes along?
New mods have been added recently (me being one) and currently I've been trying my best to keep up with the amount of posts going on. Posts made by new accounts only need to be approved till the user hits over 5 posts, after that they're free. I'm on most of the time and some of the other mods get on later due to timezones and such.

YOJOEHOJO

Inkling
NNID
YOJOEHOJO
New mods have been added recently (me being one) and currently I've been trying my best to keep up with the amount of posts going on. Posts made by new accounts only need to be approved till the user hits over 5 posts, after that they're free. I'm on most of the time and some of the other mods get on later due to timezones and such.
Oh okay, so I just need to post in a subforum that will count my posts to not have to wait for my stuff to go through. Honestly, that's a bit weird but alright. Thanks for telling me that.

Silver

Speedrunning Inkling
NNID
MHFsilver
Oh okay, so I just need to post in a subforum that will count my posts to not have to wait for my stuff to go through. Honestly, that's a bit weird but alright. Thanks for telling me that.
The process is to prevent bots which used to be a problem here. If you post in the forum secttion "Splat Zone" your post counted will be affected. I'm sorry if your posts take some time to be approved

YOJOEHOJO

Inkling
NNID
YOJOEHOJO
The process is to prevent bots which used to be a problem here. If you post in the forum secttion "Splat Zone" your post counted will be affected. I'm sorry if your posts take some time to be approved
It's not a problem, I honestly just thought it was something that would just always happen no matter what and that was the only reason I made a post in here. Thank you for your time, and thank you for the clarifications you have given.

boredguy108

Semi-Pro Squid
Not sure if I this the right place to bring this up, but oh well.

I'd like to bring up the thread Bad Splatoon Suggestions. At the moment it's currently located in the "Regular Discussion" Forum, but I honestly think it would be better if it was moved to the "Forum Games" Forum, if possible.

From what I've scanned through (The first 3 pages, page 6, and a bit of 7), the thread consists of silly and fun posts of "bad ideas". There's little discussion of any ideas made in this thread, with the exception of maybe a dozen posts. As a result, I think the general atmosphere of the thread leans towards a "game" instead of a "discussion".

But hey, that's just my opinion. Personally, I don't mind if the thread stays in the Regular Discussion Forum, since I don't see the harm. But I felt like I needed to bring it up, so I did.

isjoltz

Inkling
NNID
isjoltz
So I noticed there are a couple of images missing for weapons, notably the Custom Range Blaster and some newer sloshers. Is there a constant effort needed to convert those images into emotes here? It seems like it's only missing certain weapons that came out in updates. Probably not a huge priority. XD

Also, the automated emails could use a bit of re-formatting. The "Confirm Account" could be a button, and you include the direct link below it. Right now, it looks like some default automated email response format.

Other than that, I haven't done enough digging to think of other suggestions.

Squid Master

Inkling
To help stop parts of the forum getting cluttered with old, and locked threads, we should create sub forums in each forum, called archives were abandoned, locked threads can be stored.
Helps clean up the forums and helps users search for the threads they want easier.

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
A few threads seem to be repeats of the same subject (the weapon ideas ones come to mind easily), I think it would clear up the forum a bit to move the posts from the smaller threads into the larger one and delete the shell of the old one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom