• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squidboards Suggestion Thread

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
There've been a couple of threads in the competitive discussion section of the site regarding teams and crews.
It'd be quite cool if these posts had their own section, making it easier for everyone to create and join crews.

Also, I agree with @Tepig2000 in that forum games would be a fun addition to the site.

Vodka

Inkling
Definitely a "Teams" section, assuming private matches are a thing.

Wata-Z

Inkling
NNID
dawnknight
My team will thread when made^^

TheGentlebro

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Gentlebro
Not really sure what all I could add, but I'll just support having more color variants of Octoboards, a Forum Games area, and someone mentioned it, but having our NNID show under our Avatars in forum posts.

youthCAT1590

Pro Squid
In addition to the NNID under avatars idea, another useful thing would be a clan/guild area under our avatars as well for those who plan to join/create a clan so everyone knows what clan you are associated with.

Teddy

Senior Squid
NNID
EggplantAlloy
Uhm... maybe I'm just blind, but I can't seem to find options for basic forum functions, like number of posts per page and such.

If that's really not here, could we get that, please?

...And if it is here, could someone please tell me where to look?
Seconding this, I looked and could not find this option.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
Also. I'd love more color variations of the octoboards dark themes. A blue version would be sweet. Just not a huge fan of purple.
This.

I'd also like to suggest making the white background of the postbit a little darker and/or making the text a little darker, at least on the light skins. It would make reading text a tiny bit easier. :)

Another small idea I had would be to separate posts a little more. It's difficult to explain what I mean exactly, but perhaps a thin border around each post would help, just so it would be easy to see each them individually? I've seen a few signatures and there's a very faint, dotted line between them and the post content, so even something akin to that would help, but I personally prefer full lines, even between signatures and posts. :cool: Too cool for dotted lines.

Oh, a final thing of mine concerns aesthetics. Maybe a few more ink splotches around the site? This is Splatoon, after all. :oops:

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hyrule, Mushroom, Nohr, Comet Observatory
I'm working on the clans/teams feature for those requesting it. It's under Forums>Tournament Listings>Online Tournament Squads (Splatoon Edition) It is currently being reworked as it was borrowed from or based on the Smashboards Crew system. I'm currently revamping the rankings system and on the look out for a tournament organizer member as I'm not knowledgeable about tourneys. But the feature is in the works. If an admin can create a section merging my thread and make it official that would be even more awesome but the feature is currently on the works. Rudimentary but in the works. I'm excited to have Squad battles. Splatoon definitely needs Squads to form and enjoy.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
One little thing that's just now come to me is I can't seem to find a list of user ranks, and how many posts are needed to reach each rank. If that's intentional so that people aren't inclined to spam to reach the higher ranks, that's totally understandable, but I'm really curious to see what all of the ranks are and just how far they go.

HaDeeZ

Senior Squid
Apologise if this is feature already, i have poked about thw preferences and account options but i could have easily missed it, but please allow me to set my language as UK. Im tired of the fourms telling me im spelling colour and favour wrong :D.

Undr

Apologise if this is feature already, i have poked about thw preferences and account options but i could have easily missed it, but please allow me to set my language as UK. Im tired of the fourms telling me im spelling colour and favour wrong :D.
Only if you omit the letter "T" from the interior of words.

HaDeeZ

Senior Squid
I reminder for people to disable adblock, don't know about other people but I generally forget to disable it on sites like this unless they remind me too because it just doesn't occur to me.

Kris

Senior Squid
NNID
Kristofuror
Fanart section in the forum after the art contest ends.

a place where people can share their creations. Art, comics, montage, fiction, crafts, w/e floats your boat.

a Page for clans

Page for people looking to add friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom