The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
Been getting beat down like crazy on c ranks..I'm a pretty comfortable b player and been up to a- a couple times in the first game.. there is some very good players in C..

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Been getting beat down like crazy on c ranks..I'm a pretty comfortable b player and been up to a- a couple times in the first game.. there is some very good players in C..
Welcome to the chaos of the early meta, returning veterans and genuine newbies are mingling. I predict it's gonna be at least a month before things settle down, as more newbies and vets get ahold of the Switch.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Why did they give us the option to have gear with different main abilities?!

*another pinch of fashion salt*

Of course I always intended to collect all the clothes, just because. But now there are certain articles that I know I'll wear or will chunk grind, yet I want to have certain main abilities for some of them. That leaves me patrolling my square or visiting Annie's lil etsy shop as part of a regular session's activity, just because. And I'm half way close to just starting a thread for us to make gear ability request—cause you know it has to be done!

Oh and it renders gear ability knowledge that we picked up on in Splatoon 1 almost null & void!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Why did they give us the option to have gear with different main abilities?!

*another pinch of fashion salt*

Of course I always intended to collect all the clothes, just because. But now there are certain articles that I know I'll wear or will chunk grind, yet I want to have certain main abilities for some of them. That leaves me patrolling my square or visiting Annie's lil etsy shop as part of a regular session's activity, just because. And I'm half way close to just starting a thread for us to make gear ability request—cause you know it has to be done!

Oh and it renders gear ability knowledge that we picked up on in Splatoon 1 almost null & void!
Is there even a way to get the original gear back if you buy it with a different main ability? I've seen things that I got off Splatnet2 show up in the shop as owned.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Is there even a way to get the original gear back if you buy it with a different main ability? I've seen things that I got off Splatnet2 show up in the shop as owned.
Best guess is that you have to find someone in the square wearing the original ability gear then order it.

And that does bring to mind what happens if I upgrade slot(s) on non-three star gear then buy a version with a different main ability. Do I lose the extra slot(s) or do they carry over to the new version? I might have to try that myself.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Best guess is that you have to find someone in the square wearing the original ability gear then order it.

And that does bring to mind what happens if I upgrade slot(s) on non-three star gear then buy a version with a different main ability. Do I lose the extra slot(s) or do they carry over to the new version? I might have to try that myself.
I'm pretty sure the extra slots don't carry over. Shop wisely!

Lyka Phoxx

Full Squid
NNID
Pheodus
Got a couple shakers of salt to offer for today, so get your tongues out.

• I have been on such a losing skid this morning, I just got my first set of rank drops today (dropped to B- in TC & B in RM). I lost nine TC matches in a ****ing row and then won only two out the following eight in RM (that's 2W-15L for those keeping score). I'm still a little too tilted to continue playing atm.
  • I have asked this before and I will ask this again...Does anybody, ANYBODY AT ALL, EVER, EVER, keep an eye out for Chargers camping their butts off at the nearest perch? I mean, my teammates should clearly see the campfire smoke in addition to the laser pointers that they will conveniently find themselves in front of faster than cats high on catnip before getting picked off. The Charger's got his tent up, listening to some jams, chugging down some beer/soda/Octarian blood or whatever and just sniping away with little care in the world. And I always have to risk my butt and the objective chasing it down. Open your eyes, people!!!
  • Don't you just love it when you start to make a push in, say Turf War, only to get splatted by some lone aerospray packing scrub and then realize, you were the only one making the push because the others turned around and went elsewhere on our side of the map for no real reason at all. Fun!
  • Here's a tip, If you see a teammate in battle, either assist said teammate or get the **** out of the way. No use in getting us both splatted because you seem to like getting shot at with your own ink.
  • Same goes with perches, If you see a teammate there, firing away, assist or find another spot to shoot. Lest we offer an opponent an easy double kill, which will be likely because some teammates are complete rookies and dumbshits.
  • I think it is time I stopped super jumping in Solo Ranked. That's how games are lost at this point.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Welp, I had a teammate in ranked throw a match for me. I'm calling out a player named Enax, he just ran around like he had given up, and purposely went into a corner to hide. That's such awful behavior to screw over the rest of your team like that.

I blocked him, is there any way to report players too?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Welp, I had a teammate in ranked throw a match for me. I'm calling out a player named Enax, he just ran around like he had given up, and purposely went into a corner to hide. That's such awful behavior to screw over the rest of your team like that.

I blocked him, is there any way to report players too?
Doesn't look like it, sadly. Thanks for the heads-up, people like Enax are the worst.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Does anybody, ANYBODY AT ALL, EVER, EVER, keep an eye out for Chargers camping their butts off at the nearest perch?
/raise hand
I sure do! But then charger-harrying is what I do anyway. Sometimes they just ask for it =p

Dear Roller:
PLEASE ROLL. What you were doing today was not a lag thing. I don't know if it was a you-shoulda-been-afk thing, or a baby-cousin-grabbed-the-controller thing. Don't just stand on top of the hummer and fling ink on our already-well-covered near-to-spawn turf. Hell, you can even tag along behind me if you're afraid of the other guys! I tried to entice you further afield. Trust me, I won't run directly into the kill zone either!

Dear training-wheels Heavy Splat:
Thanks for the friend request. I'm not sure why you picked me, but hey, we could probably all use more friends named "texas man!" XD

aeron!

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5897-6499-1183
I had an awesome Rainmaker session today where I managed to get all the way from a completely fresh C- start to B+ in about an hour and a half, but my satisfaction was somewhat undermined by a match where I got lumbered with the actual worst team I've ever seen.

We started the match really strong, taking control of the centre and setting up for a great push. Except no-one wanted to take the Rainmaker. It ended up falling to me, despite my .96 Gal probably being a better support weapon than most of my teammates' (we had at least one Aerospray user who wasn't going to be useful for much else, that's for sure). But when I finally did grab the Rainmaker, my allies made no effort to ink a trail for me or generally support me at all. They all ****ed around painting the base leaving me to try and push into enemy territory alone, and unsurprisingly I ended up getting surrounded and slaughtered in seconds. For the entire rest of the game we had at least two people wasting time in the base while myself and my one sometimes-useful teammate actually tried to play the objective, and we came dangerously close to losing multiple times as a result. We somehow managed to pull out the win, but we ended up going to time and winning by an extremely narrow margin when, with a start like that, we should have been able to win quickly and conclusively.

The really baffling thing is that this happened in B-. I'd have understood it in C- and maybe even C or C+, but I have no idea how such a completely useless lot ever got into B to begin with.
I've been having the WORST time in B ranks for some reason (I got pushed back to C+ in tower control today & I'm still mad). Idk what's up with B players this time :mad:

Ansible

Community Ambassador
I've unlocked a new salty achievement! Controller salt!!

Finally picked up a (Splatoon 2) pro controller and been comparing it to my joycons. Sure, I plan to send in my left joycon because it randomly desyncs, but whether by design or malfunction the aim of my right joycon drifts!

I'm just now seriously noticing that tonight while doing slow aim drills. I play(ed) with separated joycons and sometimes my hands would end up wherever. I thought that was just me but it turns out that was happening because the aim would steadily drift, causing my hands to constantly readjust to compensate and repeatedly reset the camera a few times to relocate my neutral.

This also happens when my joycons are used in puppy face mode and handheld mode!

I'm not furious so much as greatly disappointed in myself, partly because I've been having little confidence in my aim for a spell and because I really like using the joycons--but mine are inaccurate!

At least the handling in my pro controller is proving stellar.

Maave

Inkling Commander
Roller life is suffering. They all seem to lack "pushability". Carbon is like a wiffle bat without damage up. Splat Roller's sub is NOT helpful. The Krack-On and Flingza are ... OK. For weapons with such low range they sure made it hard to splat people with them.

GreatGateway

Full Squid
The good news is I found a weapon that suits my style - The Splattershot Jr. It's balanced enough that I can get up in people's faces and ink turf equally well.

The bad news is that due to its wide spread, Ink Armour and... well the weapon, it's getting me a lot of insults on chats :p Also I feel I won:t get past B+ with it - too one-trick and all I can get are trades without armour.

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Apartment In Inkopolis With His 3 Friends
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
The moment where you're about to reach A- on Splat Zones but the battle you're in has all your team mates just squidbagging everywhere. Did I also mention that the meter is almost cracked? Just one more loss and it's over? OH YEA I LOST.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Roller life is suffering. They all seem to lack "pushability". Carbon is like a wiffle bat without damage up. Splat Roller's sub is NOT helpful. The Krack-On and Flingza are ... OK. For weapons with such low range they sure made it hard to splat people with them.
the rollers got neutered hard this game, it hurts my soul. Now everybody uses the Octobrush cos it's the closest thing to fill the void, but sometimes I just don't feel like using the Octobrush! Sometimes I wanna use one of the 2 Splat Rollers, or a Carbon, or maybe even the Flingza if it wasn't unreliable trash. This game is depressing with it's lack of rollers, it's definitely the one big thing that didn't transition from the sequel. You barely see rollers anymore, and all they can do to get splats is sharking. As much as I would've said otherwise 2 years ago, I kinda miss seeing multiple rollers in the same game. Now it's just shooters, chargers, blasters, and dualies, with some brushes thrown in and a roller every blue moon. Make it a double blue moon if the roller actually does a good job.

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Apartment In Inkopolis With His 3 Friends
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
the rollers got neutered hard this game, it hurts my soul. Now everybody uses the Octobrush cos it's the closest thing to fill the void, but sometimes I just don't feel like using the Octobrush! Sometimes I wanna use one of the 2 Splat Rollers, or a Carbon, or maybe even the Flingza if it wasn't unreliable trash. This game is depressing with it's lack of rollers, it's definitely the one big thing that didn't transition from the sequel. You barely see rollers anymore, and all they can do to get splats is sharking. As much as I would've said otherwise 2 years ago, I kinda miss seeing multiple rollers in the same game. Now it's just shooters, chargers, blasters, and dualies, with some brushes thrown in and a roller every blue moon. Make it a double blue moon if the roller actually does a good job.
Yea there is a lack of rollers. Everywhere I go, people are just using octobrushs or tri-sloshers. I think there's like only like 4 rollers from what I've seen? I wish later updates would like add more rollers, maybe some from the original game. I really hope the updates don't focus on the dualies because even though it is a new weapon and it's cool and all, the other weapons do deserve their spotlight.

GreatGateway

Full Squid
Yea there is a lack of rollers. Everywhere I go, people are just using octobrushs or tri-sloshers. I think there's like only like 4 rollers from what I've seen? I wish later updates would like add more rollers, maybe some from the original game. I really hope the updates don't focus on the dualies because even though it is a new weapon and it's cool and all, the other weapons do deserve their spotlight.
I like to use a Flingza Roller. You have no idea how frustrating it is though, to ambush someone, fling ink on their skulls, score a direct hit, and still not finish them off. Then they simply turn around and splat you instead. Ink Armour only makes it worse.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
My GOD the game has it out for me today. Every single time there's been a level 1, someone completely new to the game, they're put on my team. Ragequitters abound, multiple times before the match even starts, and I can't feel good about any victories I've had because they involve disconnects on the other team! Oh, and if I dare to play with friends, of COURSE they'll be on the other team while I get the millstone level 1s or ragequitters. What's it take just to get some normal matches, huh!?!?!

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
My GOD the game has it out for me today. Every single time there's been a level 1, someone completely new to the game, they're put on my team. Ragequitters abound, multiple times before the match even starts, and I can't feel good about any victories I've had because they involve disconnects on the other team! Oh, and if I dare to play with friends, of COURSE they'll be on the other team while I get the millstone level 1s or ragequitters. What's it take just to get some normal matches, huh!?!?!
That happens every time i play latley..I think they match up the highest with the lowest cuz it's usually me, a level 12 and a couple bllow 4 vs a team of 15to 20s. I do my best to help em get some wins and pretty much practice strategy.. Can't sweat it too much

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom