The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
If I had a choice, I'd choose my random Splatoon 1 Rainmaker teammates over my random Splatoon 2 Rainmker teammates...

the

Inkling Commander
Do u ever have a great connection for weeks and then decide to use one of the few crusty sean tickets u have only for half ur matches to be wasted because the game disconnects in the last minute with no hiccups or warning beforehand

Me too

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Just a reminder that the new ranked system is still garbage

It's only really useful in the sense that everyone gets to be S+ and not much else

Egg Queen

Full Squid
My team won but I feel like this belongs more in this thread than the fresh moments thread. I think a screenshot should be able to explain why:
what.png

We won 65.6% to 14.5%. Someone disconnected but still- to have the 2 lowest-level players (and 3 highest-level players) on the same team is pretty bad. It's really unfair for the lower level/ newer players to automatically be put against higher level players :^(
Matchmaking really needs to be fixed.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Flingza Roller, E-liter 4K, N-Zap, and Octobrush. This is the current Salmon Run loadout, and it is one of the worst I have ever seen. There is no rapid inking ability outside of the N-Zap. I got my superbonuses while ranking down to overachiever because my teams, be they my friends or randos, just can't win with this wretched assortment of weapons! Easily the most frustrating salmon run session I have ever had.

Also, I would love it if dead allies maybe didn't SWIM AWAY FROM ME or INTO ENEMIES when I'm the only one left and trying to revive them!

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Flingza Roller, E-liter 4K, N-Zap, and Octobrush. This is the current Salmon Run loadout, and it is one of the worst I have ever seen. There is no rapid inking ability outside of the N-Zap. I got my superbonuses while ranking down to overachiever because my teams, be they my friends or randos, just can't win with this wretched assortment of weapons! Easily the most frustrating salmon run session I have ever had.

Also, I would love it if dead allies maybe didn't SWIM AWAY FROM ME or INTO ENEMIES when I'm the only one left and trying to revive them!
When I was playing with randoms, it became pretty clear very few people are used to using chargers and rollers. Though to be fair the Flingza is just...really bad. I stayed on the ground to flick most of the time because I like being able to do so more than once an hour. And chargers were already very bad when you were swarmed, but the e liter is useless if you are surrounded in salmon ink because of the bad mobility.

Salmon Run-Goldie/ Glowfly wave level.

Camp by the egg basket. Let the eggs come to you.

Swear gonna go to Grizzco`s HR department and see if they can add this to the employee handbook.
YES! This strategy is basically required in the higher difficulties. Forming a perimeter around the basket and player currently being targeted is so important.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
YES! This strategy is basically required in the higher difficulties. Forming a perimeter around the basket and player currently being targeted is so important.
Definitely. On Marooner's Bay in particular, those waves become a fun shooting gallery if everyone clusters at the basket. If they don't, though...

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Stop it Matchmaker, I don't wanna carry teams, I just wanna play!!

Gekko

Inkster Jr.
whot the hell
i thought you just get sent back to the previous "OK" check point?
That is known and exclusive to S+ ranks. I thought you were banished all the way to S+0 so I think he was lucky. :D

Lyka Phoxx

Full Squid
NNID
Pheodus
It is always awesome whenever you have a good Charger on your team in ranked. That is, of course, until that Charger isn't and not because he is constantly getting splatted. :mad:

GreatGateway

Full Squid
If you spam Booyah after a teammate dies, you aren't helping. It's like spamming "Thanks" in Overwatch - obnoxious.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
If you spam Booyah after a teammate dies, you aren't helping. It's like spamming "Thanks" in Overwatch - obnoxious.
That's a habit that's carried over from Splatoon 1, it's a way to notify other players of something that's going on. Booyah was used for that before "Ouch" was a thing. We use what we've got when chat isn't available.

GreatGateway

Full Squid
That's a habit that's carried over from Splatoon 1, it's a way to notify other players of something that's going on. Booyah was used for that before "Ouch" was a thing. We use what we've got when chat isn't available.
Ah I gotcha, cheers ^^

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Rainmaker maps feel kinda cramped for some reason, but that still doesn't explain why I'm repeatedly pulling 1v4 in front of our rainmaker podium while the rest of my team is on the field (or how I can body block the podium, give the enemy bearer a full splatling barrage to the face with hit confirms, but they still get to dunk it)!

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
One victory left to rank up in rainmaker. No cracks in the tank. Got paired up with bad teams for the next few matches, got sent back down. WHY

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom