• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

aeron!

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5897-6499-1183
I was doing great in rainmaker yesterday; I grabbed it & made a mad dash for the pedestal & got up to it & WAS LITERALLY IN THE AIR ABOUT TO SET IT DOWN WHEN SOMEONE SPLATTED ME & TOOK IT. I was in too much shock to be mad at the time (we won the match anyway but REALLY?)

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Three games in a row of teammates who kept standing in the Towers' splat zones... and dying there... over and over again.

One of those games featured a very industrious brusher who would hide in the abundant ink on the lowest two ramps on our side of Moray Towers. My teammates would rush past all the enemy ink on our side and jump straight into the zones.... Only to get killed from behind by this brusher. I was the only one to think the thought "Maybe we should clean up this ink so this guy doesn't keep killing us?"

This is a plead to all teammates -- clean up the enemy ink. Not at your spawn point. Not even always on the trek from the spawn point to the neutral ground. But in the areas where the enemy is most likely to hide and murder you and your Squidbuds? Clean up that ink.

And stop standing/dying in the splat zones.

That's a habit that's carried over from Splatoon 1, it's a way to notify other players of something that's going on. Booyah was used for that before "Ouch" was a thing. We use what we've got when chat isn't available.
When I want a teammate to know something's going on around me, I tap whatever's available because I can never remember which button is which... I only switch over when it's a death and I have time to say "ouch."

My team won but I feel like this belongs more in this thread than the fresh moments thread. I think a screenshot should be able to explain why:

We won 65.6% to 14.5%. Someone disconnected but still- to have the 2 lowest-level players (and 3 highest-level players) on the same team is pretty bad. It's really unfair for the lower level/ newer players to automatically be put against higher level players :^(
Matchmaking really needs to be fixed.
And that's actually four of the five lowest level players on the same time. That's really messed up.

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Three eggs. Match after match I'll get people who'll get to wave 3, win or lose, with only THREE EGGS. If I'm lucky I'll get people who gather 4. I'm just barely breaking even in overachiever, I'm never gonna get back to profreshional if every rando I play with DOESN'T GATHER EGGS.

GreatGateway

Full Squid
I wish people wouldn't squidbag. I come home after a bad day, and the last thing I want is to have the camera of a game focused on someone telling me "I'm laughing at you on my end because you suck."

I know I suck, please don't bully me for it.

Last edited:

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
So I don't usually blame my teammates for things, but this was just too much.

I was like 'hmmm let's use a new weapon - how 'bout the .52 Gal?'

Obviously, since it was a new weapon, I played my lowest ranked mode (B rank rainmaker).

I literally had to carry my team the entire time.

At the beginning, I got a triple kill (I like this weapon!), which just left one octobrush, and he was miles away, so I was like 'pfft my teammates are using some longer ranged weapons, I'm sure they can deal with him' and started to cover mid before pushing the Rainmaker a bit.

BOY WAS I WRONG!!!

The octobrush proceeded to kill my teammates (who were using a Tri slosher, SSPro, and a TTek - pretty sure that that means that they were incompetent, because nobody goes against a SSPro at long range with a short range weapon and wins), then abmbush me from behind while I was pushing the Rainmaker. By then his team had respawned, and they pushed the rainmaker to 4 before I respawned because my incompetent team failed to stop them.

I respawned and made a beeline for the rainmaker carrier, I killed 2 of his bodyguards, then traded with a 3rd, and the rainmaker made it to the end for a KO.

The match was over in less than a minute, and I got 6 kills, the rest of my teammates got none.

I was using a completely new weapon, and I was carrying my team - that's how incompetent they were.

Lyka Phoxx

Full Squid
NNID
Pheodus
So I don't usually blame my teammates for things, but this was just too much.

I was like 'hmmm let's use a new weapon - how 'bout the .52 Gal?'

Obviously, since it was a new weapon, I played my lowest ranked mode (B rank rainmaker).

I literally had to carry my team the entire time.

At the beginning, I got a triple kill (I like this weapon!), which just left one octobrush, and he was miles away, so I was like 'pfft my teammates are using some longer ranged weapons, I'm sure they can deal with him' and started to cover mid before pushing the Rainmaker a bit.

BOY WAS I WRONG!!!

The octobrush proceeded to kill my teammates (who were using a Tri slosher, SSPro, and a TTek - pretty sure that that means that they were incompetent, because nobody goes against a SSPro at long range with a short range weapon and wins), then abmbush me from behind while I was pushing the Rainmaker. By then his team had respawned, and they pushed the rainmaker to 4 before I respawned because my incompetent team failed to stop them.

I respawned and made a beeline for the rainmaker carrier, I killed 2 of his bodyguards, then traded with a 3rd, and the rainmaker made it to the end for a KO.

The match was over in less than a minute, and I got 6 kills, the rest of my teammates got none.

I was using a completely new weapon, and I was carrying my team - that's how incompetent they were.
*pats back* Aww, there, there man. I feel you.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I wish people wouldn't squidbag. I come home after a bad day, and the last thing I want is to have the camera of a game focused on someone telling me "I'm laughing at you on my end because you suck."

It's funny, most of the people who have squidbagged do it because they killed me in a situation where I could not win. One moment, I was about to be killed by an enemy splashdown, but their charger stole the kill, and proceeded to seabag for the whole time I had to watch. And another time, I had three enemies shooting at me, and one finally kills me as I tried to distract them all for as long as possible. They seabagged for some reason.

Congrats idiots, you killed me when I had no chance anyway. >.>

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
It's funny, most of the people who have squidbagged do it because they killed me in a situation where I could not win. One moment, I was about to be killed by an enemy splashdown, but their charger stole the kill, and proceeded to seabag for the whole time I had to watch. And another time, I had three enemies shooting at me, and one finally kills me as I tried to distract them all for as long as possible. They seabagged for some reason.

Congrats idiots, you killed me when I had no chance anyway. >.>
We played a squidbagging team in league (tower mode) a few weeks back... literally all of them squidbagged. We were ahead the entire time. Part of that was we kept killing them as they squidbagged. They'd do it anywhere and everywhere, regardless of situation. And they weren't even like...skilled even if they didn't do it.

Those situations, I'm salty, but I'll take it for the sake of a lopsided win.

CM86

Pro Squid
Alright I have had enough. Time to rant about this here. You know what really grinds my gears? The squid standing on the golden egg basket in the middle of the water during salmon run. More specifically, I am on the map with the fan that raises and lowers when you shoot it. If a low tide comes in and we win, once in awhile a squid will quickly get back on the spot where the egg basket would be during low tides and just booyahs the whole time in the next wave, then decides to jump in the water after over half the match is done to try and get back in the game. And EVERY time I see it, I am like, wow, you are only like the 100th squid I have seen do that trick. And EVERY time someone does it, we lose. So if your one of those squids who does it, one, I am not reviving you when you do want to play and two, you will get a glare from me even though you won't see. Trust me, I am glaring at my tv screen immensely.

Sorry about that but it happened twice in one salmon run sitting today.

aji

Inkling

nothing gets me saltier than a squidbagger being a bad sport. one time in turf wars i got so upset by it that in the next game i made a point to single out the person who squidbagged me and squidbag them back. i got em twice, one time at the end of the match where i squidbagged them as the match was ending and all they could do was watch the timer run out as my team won. that probably wasn't the best way to handle that but man was it cathartic

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
D'aawww~♥ another random friend request! Hmm... I think I've repeatedly played ranked battles with and against this person since C-.

Gee~, I wonder if I can send a message to my new splat buddy—what, I can't—well &@%#!!

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Oh, hi there newbie! Welcome to Turf! I see you're on my team. Well, this is a mostly-new lobby, so I'm not sure exactly how it'll go, but damned if I won't try my best to make sure we win just for you, okay? What's the matter, a little nervous with all the action going on in mid? It's okay. Follow me, we'll go flank some squids. You don't have to be bloodthirsty like those other guys on the team :D

C'mon, kiddo, follow the bouncing squid!

Over here, c'mon!

Right this way!

...please?

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Funny how I went into a session of pure turf war tonight with the intent to have a casual fun time, only to be dealt loss after loss many of which I played well in, but some factor comes in and screws me over. Super good enemy weapon comps, a low level person being put in a lobby filled with 30s and gets put on my team, DCs on my team, one match a Tri slosher could just camp and take my whole team down because it out ranged all our weapons. Just a really nasty night of playing. I don't need to win all my battles, but I would like to win more than two out of the twelve I played tonight.

I probably would have had more fun and fair battles in S/S+ ranked battles. Turf wars are supposed to be casual fun, but there is no room to use weird weapons or experimentation. If you don't go in with your mains or use meta weapons, you are likely going to get destroyed.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Funny how I went into a session of pure turf war tonight with the intent to have a casual fun time, only to be dealt loss after loss many of which I played well in, but some factor comes in and screws me over. Super good enemy weapon comps, a low level person being put in a lobby filled with 30s and gets put on my team, DCs on my team, one match a Tri slosher could just camp and take my whole team down because it out ranged all our weapons. Just a really nasty night of playing. I don't need to win all my battles, but I would like to win more than two out of the twelve I played tonight.

I probably would have had more fun and fair battles in S/S+ ranked battles. Turf wars are supposed to be casual fun, but there is no room to use weird weapons or experimentation. If you don't go in with your mains or use meta weapons, you are likely going to get destroyed.
Do what I do, go to Turf when Salmon Run's going on. I get my tail handed to me a lot less during those magical hours =p

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Do what I do, go to Turf when Salmon Run's going on. I get my tail handed to me a lot less during those magical hours =p
I'll keep that in mind. Though as I mentioned, I think I needed to get some ranked battles in while I played. Ranked has become my go to sanctuary because turf can just be no fun a lot of the time. Which is crazy since it was the opposite in the first game. ಠ_ಠ

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Depends, toward the end there Turf was just as awful as Rank (for me, anyway) :'D
That is true, I remember turf wars went through its own try hard phases back in Splatoon 1. Once we got the level cap update, Turf war squids changed, and not for the better. :oops:

Maave

Inkling Commander
More charger dissapointment, this time with the Heavy Splatling. Starfish Mainstage has a "no man's land" between the perches and center stage and un-inkable barriers blocking what would be the good perch areas. I'm either too far away, in the suicidal no-man's land, or too close to the enemy. I really don't like this "elevated center" design.

GreatGateway

Full Squid
25 losses in a row, every 2nd player squidbags, can't aim, can't kill, can't do anything. What in the Great Zapfish's name is wrong with me?! I honestly believe I am the worst player in the community.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Every time I play rank, I'm quickly reminded why I don't like playing charger and eventually switch to heavy splatling. Team, just because it's ranked mode doesn't mean you throw the concept of turfing out the blasted window!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom