• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Why are all the lowbies DCing today? We had ONE stay in, in the hour's worth of matches I suffered through, and as a level 1 who got splatted a lot, he had more tapiocas than those ragequitting 5's and 6's.

=/

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Why are all the lowbies DCing today? We had ONE stay in, in the hour's worth of matches I suffered through, and as a level 1 who got splatted a lot, he had more tapiocas than those ragequitting 5's and 6's.

=/
I noticed people DCing pretty often in Turf Wars in general (or at least from my experience). It often it tends to be at least one person from either side that DCs in the middle of the match, generally more so from lower level players like you mentioned.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
I noticed people DCing pretty often in Turf Wars in general (or at least from my experience). It often it tends to be at least one person from either side that DCs in the middle of the match, generally more so from lower level players like you mentioned.
Yeah, I've seen it happening too, just today was clearly some ragequitters for some reason. IDK.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
THE DEAD SEA IS ONE OF THE MOST ALIVE THREADS ON THE FORUMS.
THIS TITLE IS MISLEADING.
THIS IS A PROPAGANDA THREAD!!!
I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT!!!

(this is what happens when I stay up until the crack of dawn)

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I think the new name shoulda been
"Don Juan Pond: The saltiest waters on Earth" for an extra fresh name
But you only know about Don Juan in Antarctica if you try googling "saltiest water on earth"

GreatGateway

Full Squid
Every time I play rank, I'm quickly reminded why I don't like playing charger and eventually switch to heavy splatling. Team, just because it's ranked mode doesn't mean you throw the concept of turfing out the blasted window!
I tried using HS and inked turf well, but had a very low K/D ratio. I got a lot of flak for that :(

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I tried using HS and inked turf well, but had a very low K/D ratio. I got a lot of flak for that :(
Then tell them to stop being lazy ***** and help turf! Or turn around, bend over, then tell them to grab a spoon. Or bend over and let one rip in their general direction.

Or you can just be civil by continuing to turf as you please, because that's how you play Splatoon when you have a brain. That's okay too, I guess. ¬¬;

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
When you play support you don't tend to get as many kills, it's unfortunate the death counter isn't there because I'd bet you would have the least deaths of everyone, possibly in the game. That's the key to playing, die as little as possible because even if you aren't necessarily killing, you're still inking and gaining map control, even if you can't necessarily push the objective.

Last edited:

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
When you play support you don't tend to get as many kills, it's unfortunate the death counter isn't there because I'd bet you I'd have the least deaths of everyone, possibly in the game. That's the key to playing, die as little as possible because even if you aren't necessarily killing, you're still inking and gaining map control, even if you can't necessarily push the objective.
Very true. I've had zones matches where I got maybe a couple of kills with the Jet Squelcher. But I kept the enemies out of the zone and kept laying down ink to stop their advance. I don't really mind having a low kill count, assuming we win. I just hope my teammates scanning the kills will think that I actually played an important role instead of assuming they had to carry me or something.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Of course I'm going to have less kills with the Jet Squelcher when I'm on a team with really aggressive allies, when things go well I sometimes barely see the enemy at all! :D

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
Of course I'm going to have less kills with the Jet Squelcher when I'm on a team with really aggressive allies, when things go well I sometimes barely see the enemy at all! :D
My firefin splat charger says hello to your jet squelcher XD

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Hooooooooooooooooooooo boy. Just when I thought I could learn to deal with and tolerate ink armor, tri sloshers, and n zaps until the balance patches came, I get proven wrong and it really makes me sour. My last match of the night. Tower Control. I come across an enemy team with a tri and N zap. They proceed to spam ink armor at least 8-10 times between the two. No joke, I wish I took a screenshot. As a normal slosher, with a rag tag team of weapons that the whole other team can counter, we of course lost. Their jet squelcher could just stand back and hold down the middle, shooting missiles every 45 seconds just to ensure we could not get any sort of stable position. Their e liter could keep us all locked down, all the while being endlessly tormented by the tri slosher and n zap up front, who kept getting their armor back to back.

We kept the battle going for 5 long minutes. It was just one match but it crushed my playing spirit for the night. No matter how hard we tried, we could barely move the tower because they could just shut us down. It was really humiliating, especially knowing we were decent enough to keep them from making a knockout. It felt like I was losing to some cheap weapons (not calling the jet squelcher or e liter cheap by any means) more than actual players.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
The real problem is meme ray. Splat Chargers have it easy, while they do have one set rendered unusable because it has stingray on it, they at least can look forward to Firefin Splat Charger when they reach level 16. But there's no such luck with the HS, you gotta stick with the worst special with no alternatives until the Deco rolls along.

I love the heavy splatling, but it being saddled with that garbage special feels so painful. The more i play HS the more i realize why people rarely play it- it's not the weapon itself, it's the special that makes it so bad right now.

There's something comical about giving it a sprinkler,too. It's like "I need this to ink ground to charge that stingray, fast!".

Last edited:

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
The real problem is meme ray. Splat Chargers have it easy, while they do have one set rendered unusable because it has stingray on it, they at least can look forward to Firefin Splat Charger when they reach level 16. But there's no such luck with the HS, you gotta stick with the worst special with no alternatives until the Deco rolls along.

I love the heavy splatling, but it being saddled with that garbage special feels so painful. The more i play HS the more i realize why people rarely play it- it's not the weapon itself, it's the special that makes it so bad right now.

There's something comical about giving it a sprinkler,too. It's like "I need this to ink ground to charge that stingray, fast!".
To be honest, the stingray is usable, it just has a higher learning curve than most of the other specials.

If you put the time into it, then you can use it ok, mostly just to delay a dangerous opponent from getting to the objective.

Still needs a buff though, because it's not good for its intended purpose.

Does anyone else feel like the explosion from the Baller needs a range buff?

Like people can just push you back, and you literally have no options, because the explosion won't reach them, and they'll just break your ball before you can retreat.

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
Only if you get the jump on me, friend! :3
And that I did XD

I didn't like the firefin that much at first because I don't tend to use walls, I'm the idiot that throws it out into the middle of a battlefield then runs past it into a choke point. That said I think it does suit the charger nicely, and the suction bomb rush will never not be nice.. will always be nice.

Again, I'll defend the stingray, it allows you to be up close to the fight without actually being up close. If your team is trying to stop an attack on the tower, you throwing in a stingray to distract the other team and send them back can really give you the advantage. It can really get the jump on people especially if they underestimate it.

I just wish it did more Rainmaker shield damage. That would give it more viability without a buff potentially overpowering it. Just enough so it popped the Rainmaker bettering than anything else. That way you could stop the other team popping I think close to you and they'd have to hunt you down to stop you.

I also think the sprinkler really fits the heavy. My favourite heavy in the first game was the remix, and I think a lot of people felt the same. The Deco was powerful yes, but I just liked being able to pop a killer wail so easily and putting a sprinkler down just to ink turf, and I rarely used sprinkler in splatoon 1.

FGPackers

Inkster Jr.
Does anyone else feel like the explosion from the Baller needs a range buff?
I don't think so much, or at least it doesn't need the huge buff the sting ray needs to me. But that's because i see the baller like a good flanking special. I use it most of times in this way and it has really nice results

Maave

Inkling Commander
Stop maintaining my rank, I want off this ride! Seriously I've lost almost every single match in this rank, just de-rank. I'm getting destroyed.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Stop maintaining my rank, I want off this ride! Seriously I've lost almost every single match in this rank, just de-rank. I'm getting destroyed.
Welcome to the Splatoon 2 ranking system, where everyone get boosted to S+ with no way out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom