• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
tfw you have gear to level up and you're...actually afraid to try and do it thanks to how brutal Turf is these days

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
@Slushious, Been in solo rank for the past week or more, has Turf War gotten that rough?

Meanwhile... tri-sloshers... just, tri-sloshers.

Once upon a time I was all for buckets getting more representation amongst common weapons in any mode... but no... *falls to knees* no... not like this... *sobs into hands* not like this!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
@Slushious, Been in solo rank for the past week or more, has Turf War gotten that rough?

Meanwhile... tri-sloshers... just, tri-sloshers.

Once upon a time I was all for buckets getting more representation amongst common weapons in any mode... but no... *falls to knees* no... not like this... *sobs into hands* not like this!

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
It's at the point where balanced matches are very few and far between. Either one side wins by 20+ percent or it's a complete BTFO due to disconnects/idlers/acts of god. I'm getting used to getting my squid butt handed to me on the regular these days =/

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
It's at the point where balanced matches are very few and far between. Either one side wins by 20+ percent or it's a complete BTFO due to disconnects/idlers/acts of god. I'm getting used to getting my squid butt handed to me on the regular these days =/
Hmm... could get messy since I want to practice the other weapons in turf. Either way, I'll have to join you one of these and help lessen/increase that your sodium intake. =p

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Hmm... could get messy since I want to practice the other weapons in turf. Either way, I'll have to join you one of these and help lessen/increase that your sodium intake. =p
I'll probably hop on for a bit before work tomorrow, but I definitely want to try the after-midnight (EST) hours when I'm off Monday and Tuesday next week. So yeah, feel free to hop in! God only knows it'll put us on opposing teams :rolleyes:

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I know it may sound odd to say considering its turf war, but right now in this game, Turf feels very inconsistent, even more than it's supposed to be. Maybe its the map design, maybe its the current playerbase, maybe its the current most widely used weapons, but things just feel even more random and inconsistent to me. I guess it's not necessarily a bad thing, but I've had too many matches where I do very well, make one mistake or die at a bad time, and boom. We lost our hold on the stage and lose. I don't want to insinuate I constantly have to carry my teams and the moment I finally get taken out we lose our momentum, but it happens enough. This happened a lot in Splatoon 1, but I feel it's even easier to suddenly lose a majority of the maps in this game, likely due to their sizes and layouts.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I know it may sound odd to say considering its turf war, but right now in this game, Turf feels very inconsistent, even more than it's supposed to be. Maybe its the map design, maybe its the current playerbase, maybe its the current most widely used weapons, but things just feel even more random and inconsistent to me. I guess it's not necessarily a bad thing, but I've had too many matches where I do very well, make one mistake or die at a bad time, and boom. We lost our hold on the stage and lose. I don't want to insinuate I constantly have to carry my teams and the moment I finally get taken out we lose our momentum, but it happens enough. This happened a lot in Splatoon 1, but I feel it's even easier to suddenly lose a majority of the maps in this game, likely due to their sizes and layouts.
I'm inclined to agree. Strangely, or maybe not so strangely, turf gets me saltier than any other mode.

FGPackers

Inkster Jr.
You are not wrong, at all

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
That's Turf War for you. I had this happen SO MANY TIMES in Splatoon 1 and it always frustrated me. It's just how the gamemode is designed since it doesn't care how anyone did during the first 2 and a half minutes, it's how everyone did in the end. Having the enemy make a successful push at the last moment after they were trapped in their base for most of the game is essentially making your team's efforts pointless. It can definitely raise salt levels and make you question your own skill after a string of games like that.

Clawford

Full Squid
NNID
Clawford
I like it when I go I get placed on a team with two tri-sloshers. Meme aside, at least one of the squids remembers that the point of a slosher is to angle your shots. Nope! So I, the jet squelcher, have to counter the sniper instead while they go off and farm kills. At the same time the enemy is flanking me while I try and ink the zone.
B ranks are elo hell. I remember being stuck here in splat1 for a while too, but that was due to worse aim and game sense. It didn't take the whole team for control to flip. A double was all it took.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Having the enemy make a successful push at the last moment after they were trapped in their base for most of the game is essentially making your team's efforts pointless. It can definitely raise salt levels and make you question your own skill after a string of games like that.
This is exactly why I don't zerg the other guys' spawn with the rest of my team, and instead hang out around mid cleaning house. Makes it easier to catch whoever gets past the campers after they've had a taste of freedom/let them at least try/be the first line of defense while the rest of my team respawns :rolleyes:

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
This is exactly why I don't zerg the other guys' spawn with the rest of my team, and instead hang out around mid cleaning house. Makes it easier to catch whoever gets past the campers after they've had a taste of freedom/let them at least try/be the first line of defense while the rest of my team respawns :rolleyes:
That's the reason I've always refrained from Spawn camping aside from feeling like a jerk doing it. There are tactical advantages to being nice don't you know!

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
Spawn camping isn't necessarily a bad strategy, except when most of your teammates are doing it.

When I use a blaster, and things are going well, I just head to the enemy's spawn (or near it), and rack up some kills, because I don't have much to offer in terms of turf coverage.

I absolutely agree that turf war is inconsistent right now; some matches I actually have to carry my team (I played a match on Starfish main stage where I didn't once see any of my teammates, then got killed in the last 30 seconds, and we lost.)

Then sometimes I get matched with ridiculously good teammates, and it just isn't fun because it doesn't feel challenging enough.

To be honest, the most fun I've had in turf war was with a squid partyer

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
To be honest, the most fun I've had in turf war was with a squid partyer
I'll do a run-by partying when we're winning, especially if there are fellow booyah-ers on my team. Can't quite bring myself to party it up the entire time, though. Turf instinct TOO STRONG.

Ed Leech

Inkster Jr.
Oh my god, I know we can't all have amazing internet but I must be unlucky because I always seem to be on the receiving end of a 3 person team either at the very beginning of the match or someone cutting out when your winning and the lose. I very very rarely seem to play against a 3 person team or have an opponent cut out.

I don't want anyone to cut out at all but oh god it's so annoying when your super fresh, on a good win streak and then lose 3 straight because of this.

I'd love to know what percentage of games have someone cut out. I think it would be reasonably high.

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
Oh my god, I know we can't all have amazing internet but I must be unlucky because I always seem to be on the receiving end of a 3 person team either at the very beginning of the match or someone cutting out when your winning and the lose. I very very rarely seem to play against a 3 person team or have an opponent cut out.

I don't want anyone to cut out at all but oh god it's so annoying when your super fresh, on a good win streak and then lose 3 straight because of this.

I'd love to know what percentage of games have someone cut out. I think it would be reasonably high.
I've had days where it feels like someone drops out every other match as well. Though it only really happens in Regular, and I suspect that's the real issue. In all my time playing Ranked I don't think I've seen a single drop, and I've seen maybe two or three drops in dozens of hours of Salmon Run. I think the real problem isn't the internet so much as people not really giving a **** about Turf Wars.

A lot of people probably figure that since it's a casual game mode, it doesn't matter as much if they drop. And they're not wrong, exactly. I'd rather get into a losing streak in Regular than in Ranked. But it's still really annoying when you can't win consistently because you're constantly getting stuck in 3v4s.

D

Deleted Member

Went from S+12 in splat zones to S+0 in 2 minutes due to constant disconnects... good grief...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom