• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Went from S+12 in splat zones to S+0 in 2 minutes due to constant disconnects... good grief...
So no matter how much you climb up in S+ you lose your rank and you go down to S+ 0? I heard about that but I was hoping it wasn't true. I had a hard enough time getting to S+ 1 on Zones. That's disheartening. ಠ_ಠ

There's not enough Callie in Splatoon 2.
That one guy making the awesome Daily Callie posts shows her more love than the actual game sadly...

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Oh boy, i sure would love my squid to wear a Special Forces Beret but only if it had a different ability!

Splatnet: Wish granted!

I saw that, and I was extremely disappointed that one of the best looking hats gotten yet another "useless" ability on Splatnet... maybe another time... :(

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
Hey! Opening Gambit can be great for flankers at the start of matches. The quicker movement speed and ink recovery means if you're an aggressive player you can take out the other team from behind, if you're smart about it.

That said, Last Ditch Effort may be better, if it works the same way as in the first game; all the buffs stay active once the enemy team gets below 30 points to the goal in ranked, meaning it becomes easier to turn things around from a difficult position.

Anyway, the worst thing, is watching a team of two, consistently get slaughtered by a team of four the second they leave spawn. I ended up sitting on a crate by their spawn trying to start a party but no one was really interested, it was really sad.

I also find that people's attitudes tend to go one way or the other upon noticing a disconnect at the start of the match. They either give up straight away and not really care, or they try their hardest to stay in as long as possible, even knowing it's pretty much futile. I love having a team of three when we're like this because it brings out the best in the players, honestly they perform better than on a team of four half the time, because there's more responsibility. Yes, being a body down often times results in a loss, but the very very occasional win with three players is well worth it. Three players is the lowest I can go though, as soon as it becomes a private match with less than 3 I'm just really bad with the extra responsibility. XD

Maave

Inkling Commander
Oh boy, i sure would love my squid to wear a Special Forces Beret but only if it had a different ability!

Splatnet: Wish granted!

Dang I missed that one. I need that QR when I get my butt handed to me in S+. Yeah I have the QR headphones but the beret looks a million times cooler.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
So no matter how much you climb up in S+ you lose your rank and you go down to S+ 0? I heard about that but I was hoping it wasn't true. I had a hard enough time getting to S+ 1 on Zones. That's disheartening. ಠ_ಠ

That one guy making the awesome Daily Callie posts shows her more love than the actual game sadly...
Yeah I've been saving all of those. They give me hope.

SillySocks

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8373-4160-3827
Mmh, chronic squidbaggers. Really hate 'em, but you learn to live with 'em. I just shrug 'em off now and thank Neptune the vast majority of squids out there are better sports.

'Cept, had a game yesterday that I think is salt-worthy to mention. Turf war, pretty good teams, VERY close match on Sturgeon right up 'til the end. I unfortunately found myself on the receiving end of a curling bomb launcher spam at about six-ish seconds 'til game's up, but just as I got splatted, a teammate with a squiffer got a good hit on my former foe. Good news, eh? Well, my death screen gave me a lovely view of all that transpired just after - which involved said teammate squidbagging in full view of my horrified eyes, for the remaining five-ish seconds of the match. With a squiffer. With good amount of enemy ink in perfect range for a good final blast from said squiffer.

Wanna guess how much we lost by that game?

Less than a pinch of salt.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Mmh, chronic squidbaggers. Really hate 'em, but you learn to live with 'em. I just shrug 'em off now and thank Neptune the vast majority of squids out there are better sports.

'Cept, had a game yesterday that I think is salt-worthy to mention. Turf war, pretty good teams, VERY close match on Sturgeon right up 'til the end. I unfortunately found myself on the receiving end of a curling bomb launcher spam at about six-ish seconds 'til game's up, but just as I got splatted, a teammate with a squiffer got a good hit on my former foe. Good news, eh? Well, my death screen gave me a lovely view of all that transpired just after - which involved said teammate squidbagging in full view of my horrified eyes, for the remaining five-ish seconds of the match. With a squiffer. With good amount of enemy ink in perfect range for a good final blast from said squiffer.

Wanna guess how much we lost by that game?

Less than a pinch of salt.
*hiss*
Ouch.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Found out that I hate the sound of squidbagging, and not the general notion of it flip, and flopping in front of me. If your tv is equip with good pair of speakers, this sound sounds like death and decay against my sensitive ears. Nails against a chalkboard, sucking and chewing, I hate the NOISE. Especially when it is rapid, super rapid. UGH.

(By the way, I just learned a day ago that supposedly people are being banned for it. So thank heavens my ears are saved.)

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
Found out that I hate the sound of squidbagging, and not the general notion of it flip, and flopping in front of me. If your tv is equip with good pair of speakers, this sound sounds like death and decay against my sensitive ears. Nails against a chalkboard, sucking and chewing, I hate the NOISE. Especially when it is rapid, super rapid. UGH.

(By the way, I just learned a day ago that supposedly people are being banned for it. So thank heavens my ears are saved.)
They are? I guess I should stop squid bagging back at the people who do it to me. I love the karma though. Their humiliation fuels me. XD

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
They are? I guess I should stop squid bagging back at the people who do it to me. I love the karma though. Their humiliation fuels me. XD
Apparently people can look you on the phone app after gameplay, and have others join in for report. So the ban becomes even more prone to happening. I only squid bag is someone does it to me, which happen today after a brush user tried to act smart. I killed him six times after, he didn't even want to add me as friend, awh.

Edit: I just realize they might ban you for squid partying...Now I am ultimately sad.

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
Server down for maintenance... Boo..( well looking forward to new stuff but ready to play and cant for like anotherhout or so..

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
First match after maint: Turf,Moray Towers.
Decided to test the buffed charger. Splatted by ink missiles. There were NO circle indicators,no shadows. Just splat. Okay then. I respawn, first jump I make, splatted by missiles upon landing. OKAY THEN. Ink Armor. Flanking enemies that refuse to die. Spent 3/4 of the game dead. Oh the salt.
Next match: Now it's official: I hate ink armor and most of all, I hate tri-sloshers.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
First match after maint: Turf,Moray Towers.
Decided to test the buffed charger. Splatted by ink missiles. There were NO circle indicators,no shadows. Just splat. Okay then. I respawn, first jump I make, splatted by missiles upon landing. OKAY THEN. Ink Armor. Flanking enemies that refuse to die. Spent 3/4 of the game dead. Oh the salt.
Next match: Now it's official: I hate ink armor and most of all, I hate tri-sloshers.
I'm with salty over here.

aeron!

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5897-6499-1183
Tried having a decent time in zones earlier. I was standing back with my jet squelcher & maintaining control while my other teammates came back but there was this one guy on the other team WHO WOULDN'T STOP SPAMMING AUTOBOMBS. You do realize your main weapon isn't a gotdang autobomb launcher right? Does that tactic push our team back? Yes. But it's so obnoxious! I'm just trying to play a round of splat zones to boost my rank, not play a game of autobomb dodgeball. Ugh, come on

Lyka Phoxx

Full Squid
NNID
Pheodus
Man, Turf War is getting rough these days.

• You can now officially add me to the growing consensus that believes matchmaking absolutely need fixing. It's not good to be placed on a lot of teams with single digit level players (Level 33 btw). I personally don't mind carrying the rookies to victory, but said teammates are often either newbies testing the waters or just don't know what the hell they are doing.
  • Would it actually kill at lot of you to spread out while covering turf? Because it literally does when you are all having a picnic on the same spot on the map in the midst of an ant infestation!
  • I hate to say this, but if you are camping for kills anywhere in a Turf War and you are not using a charger...YOU ARE F***ING USELESS!!!! I have seen far too many players with scores of 200-300 using Aerosprays, N-Zaps, Splatlings and even those damn Tri-Sloshers. While you're over there looking like a badass racking up kills, you are losing turf for your team. But hey, at least can pat yourself in the back over the 8-9 kills you got while we were getting our butts dropkicked.
  • I am so glad that TKing is not possible in this game, because the temptation for me to splat every teammate in front of me would have been so great that it would be borderline sociopathic. And yes, that means you, perfectionist douche trying to cover every single pixel of the map with ink. F***!!! YOU!!!

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
You can now officially add me to the growing consensus that believes matchmaking absolutely need fixing. It's not good to be placed on a lot of teams with single digit level players (Level 33 btw). I personally don't mind carrying the rookies to victory, but said teammates are often either newbies testing the waters or just don't know what the hell they are doing.
I would not mind giving new players a helping hand in winning some matches here and there, but the way Splatoon is and has always been, it's very hard to come out on top if one team has any sort of disadvantage. You down one member? You need to have at least two super star players to pull off a win. Have a low level player versus a team of vets? That gap in skill will greatly effect the flow of battle, likely ruining your chance at winning unless you pull off a few late game team wipes.

I hate that it comes down to a game of RNG hot potato when you have a lobby with level 20s-30s and one level 5 player tossed in. Leading into the match you just have to hope you are not given the level 5. It feels bad! I want newer players to succeed more, they are just never given a fair shake because the matchmaking appears to put anyone with anyone.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
I have seen far too many players using Aerosprays
There are too many aerospray mains in this game. I'm even seeing them in S+ ranked games. It's ridiculous, I know it got a buff, but it's still bad.

I already hear a salty aero main saying "You don't know it's power, it kills super quick"
It's a 5 shot kill mate. You're not going to win many 1v1 fights with it, unless your opponent misses half their shots.
If you are going to use the aeromeme, please cover the ground then. That's literally what your weapon is designed to do.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I would not mind giving new players a helping hand in winning some matches here and there, but the way Splatoon is and has always been, it's very hard to come out on top if one team has any sort of disadvantage. You down one member? You need to have at least two super star players to pull off a win. Have a low level player versus a team of vets? That gap in skill will greatly effect the flow of battle, likely ruining your chance at winning unless you pull off a few late game team wipes.

I hate that it comes down to a game of RNG hot potato when you have a lobby with level 20s-30s and one level 5 player tossed in. Leading into the match you just have to hope you are not given the level 5. It feels bad! I want newer players to succeed more, they are just never given a fair shake because the matchmaking appears to put anyone with anyone.
Add in the freshness rating making players, consciously or not, try even harder to win to make a number go up and a flag shinier, and yeah, Turf is more of a mess than ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom