The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Debbie

Senior Squid
NNID
MissRora
I swear they made these maps hostile to snipers on purpose. Humpback and Musselforge are both elevated in the center, ruining any good sniper angles.
I came here to say exactly this. I was having fun with my newly purchased Splatterscope when the maps changed to those two. Musselforge especially seems to be designed to make visibility as limited as possible.

Maybe I'll take the Slosher for a spin for now...

D

Deleted Member

Bucket man take me by the hand, lead me to the land that you understand.

Bucket man the forge to the corner of my spawn is a real trip.

Bucket man the crust of my salty tears by the sand, soaking all the insults at his hand.

Griff76

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3196-7781-0416
CLOTHING/ MAIN AND SUB ABILITIES QUESTIONS!!

I've looked everywhere for answers to these, can't seem to find any solid answers.

1.) Certain clothing lines have higher chances of getting certain ability chunks. If the main ability and all three chunks are of the highest multiplier chance, will this piece of clothing be better than all others?

2.) If Main ability and 3 ability chunks are the same, is the effect higher than 3 ability chunks that are the same, but the main ability is different?

This whole thing has my brain hurting!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Lemme see if I'm understanding you correctly...

1.) Certain clothing lines have higher chances of getting certain ability chunks. If the main ability and all three chunks are of the highest multiplier chance, will this piece of clothing be better than all others?
Better in what sense to you? If you're attempting to get the main ability and three sub abilities the same (pure), then yes, getting a clothing brand with the highest same main ability and favoured sub ability is a good thing if that is what you want.

2.) If Main ability and 3 ability chunks are the same, is the effect higher than 3 ability chunks that are the same, but the main ability is different?
I'm sure there are some definitive numbers behind it but this is how the greater community has simplified it: Think of it as each main ability is 10pts while each sub ability is 3pts. If you have three of the same subs in a row or anywhere throughout your outfit that is 9pts total. Just shy of a full main ability's strength.

Let me know if that clears up anything for you.

Griff76

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3196-7781-0416
Lemme see if I'm understanding you correctly...

Better in what sense to you? If you're attempting to get the main ability and three sub abilities the same (pure), then yes, getting a clothing brand with the highest same main ability and favoured sub ability is a good thing if that is what you want.

I'm sure there are some definitive numbers behind it but this is how the greater community has simplified it: Think of it as each main ability is 10pts while each sub ability is 3pts. If you have three of the same subs in a row or anywhere throughout your outfit that is 9pts total. Just shy of a full main ability's strength.

Let me know if that clears up anything for you.
THANK YOU!! It clear up almost all my QUESTIONS, but should make getting answer to the last one easier!

If main ability is 10 points, and 3 subs are same as main for 9 points, does it give a boost higher than the 19 total for all four being the same?

Ansible

Community Ambassador
THANK YOU!! It clear up almost all my QUESTIONS, but should make getting answer to the last one easier!

If main ability is 10 points, and 3 subs are same as main for 9 points, does it give a boost higher than the 19 total for all four being the same?
Theoretically, it would still come out to about 19pts total. No special bonus for being pure, beyond aesthetics.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Mrgrgr~! Have to wait at least until tomorrow before I can cradle the Sloshing Machine and wait who knows how long for Manta Maria to show up at a convenient time for me.

You lucky ones I hate! *childishly pouts*

Debbie

Senior Squid
NNID
MissRora
Mrgrgr~! Have to wait at least until tomorrow before I can cradle the Sloshing Machine and wait who knows how long for Manta Maria to show up at a convenient time for me.

You lucky ones I hate! *childishly pouts*
The good news is that SplatNet shows the Manta Maria being around until at least 9PM US Cental tomorrow. Hopefully you'll get plenty of time with it!

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Dear "Profreshionals" at Grizzco,

Live up to your title and stop turning me into a medic.
P.S.: Those golden eggs aren't there for decorative purposes.

Sincerely,
a fed up underpaid co-worker

SillySocks

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8373-4160-3827
Please....
Booyah me back team....
;-;
BOOYAH!! ^_^

Experienced a salty triple-play earlier: game 1 - 1 disconnecting rando; game 2 - 2 disconnecting randos; game 3 - yet another disconnecting rando, will ya look at that. Tilted so much I couldn't help but play terribly the rest of the night. *le sigh*

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
"I'm S+!" = "I leik squid gaem <_>"

From now on, anyone trying to validate any kind of claim when it comes to splatoon gameplay, don't cite your rank as proof unless you're S+50 (I'll laugh at you every time you do). Use your past league powers.

If there are hopeless morons in S+ who can't check map or ever be bothered to notice the game flashing "Enemy has the RM" on the middle of their screen... solo queue rank is a meter not of skill but of how long you've managed to tolerate/ignore idiocy.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215

From now on, anyone trying to validate any kind of claim when it comes to splatoon gameplay, don't cite your rank as proof unless you're S+50 (I'll laugh at you every time you do). Use your past league powers.

If there are hopeless morons in S+ who can't check map or ever be bothered to notice the game flashing "Enemy has the RM" on the middle of their screen... solo queue rank is a meter not of skill but of how long you've managed to tolerate/ignore idiocy.
For the sake of discussion, what do you think is a "good" league score?

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Rainmaker at The Reef and Manta Maria.

Had my bar drain a couple wins away from S rank (that's all it took!!). Stopped after refilling it halfway.

Out on a date with the Sloshing Machine! First half of rotation went actually pretty good. Often kept getting teams with weapons that barely reached mid-range while the other team always got at least one longer ranged user, but we pulled out our share of victories. Second half of rotation... second half of the rotation... that second half of the rotation... fffffff... went to see Sean to use a +50% (s)quid ticket, then... then... stopped after ten matches! Six losses in a row. All by knockout. Four of them at the Reef. All of them with the opposing team repeatedly taking the same route. No matter how many times you splatted them they traversed the same route. Every time! I team knew this. My teams should have known this. I'd repeatedly signal to them "This way!" or "Ouch..." so they'd know this! But nope, surely the other team wouldn't try the same route for the umpteenth time, right?

So every time I was busy respawning after getting a 3or4v1 steamroll treatment, the match was suddenly over! Often with at least two of my teammates still on the field.

The streak only broke when a tri-slosher on the other team disconnected. Then lost the next match to a knockout with the other team again going in the same expected route the entire time.

Then I hamfistedly won two matches by mainly giving up on myself and my skills to just pick fights with the opposing team and nearly single-handedly spawn camping them—you can't really call it spawn camping if you're using the Sting Ray on them, right?

Someone put me on the hook. I've been thoroughly cooked...

Speaking of which, is anyone confused by the combine 8-squid power total in solo ranked and how that differs from league power, solo splatfest power and team splatfest power? Because I am!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Speaking of which, is anyone confused by the combine 8-squid power total in solo ranked and how that differs from league power, solo splatfest power and team splatfest power? Because I am!
It's almost like the new rank system is unintuitive, doesn't explain anything to the players, and like Green Waffles said in no way serves as an indicator of player skill!

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Agreed! I'm S+! I leik Squi-

Y-yeah. I agree S+ don't mean squat!

Honestly S+ has been very grueling for me so far. Sure it doesn't help that upon my documented (me just looking at the people in the lobby after matches) observation of players shows I am usually screwed over by the matchmaking, putting the S+ fiends in the teens and 20s on the enemy team, usually giving me the lower ones, of which I am myself being S+ 1 and 0 at the moment. I like a challenge, but come on game, at least try to make the ranks more evenly matched!

Funny enough, I've seen I can perform very against those same sort of S+ super players in league. And it's not like they are using weird weapons just for fun usually, most are still using objectively good weapons and still play very well. I don't even communicate with my friends while I league either, we just play and usually do well without any sort of coordination. I get into solo S+ ranked and I just can't seem to perform as consistently well.

Maave

Inkling Commander
I thought the Salmon Run with the Dynamo and Splat Charger was going to rock. Nope. First 3 matches had players disconnect. Next 3 matches had teammates who don't know how to use the weapons.

I came here to say exactly this. I was having fun with my newly purchased Splatterscope when the maps changed to those two. Musselforge especially seems to be designed to make visibility as limited as possible.
I just started using the E-liter 4K ... and it does completely fine on these stages. The longer range opens up a lot more positions that aren't just the "too close or too far" perches. Sucks for me because I really preferred the Splat1's Splatterscope over the E-Liter 3k.

Maybe there are some positioning nuances that I don't understand yet. I used to dislike Flounder Heights because I was trying to use the perch in front of spawn too much. Then I found that the side areas, the really high ledges, the top of the ramps, and some other spots.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Between rageuitters, excessive squidbaggers, the rare squid partier, ranked match throwers (cause they have 3 cracks and want to reset), and players on my team that just give up and let themselves die to get it over with, is it so much to ask for people who just PLAY THE DAMN GAME? IS THAT REALLY ASKING SO DAMN MUCH!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom