• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Okay, someone take the dapple dualies from me! I know it's turf war... but still...

And what's more amusing than one struggling dapple dualie (noob)? Two, count 'em, two dapple dualies locked in mortal combat! Yes, gather around for this epic dynamic dapple dualie duel as they uselessly putt putt around each other, be astounded as they try to shoot each other from outside their tiny max range, marvel at the confusion of their entranced teammates from both sides who stare then put them both out their misery!

Debbie

Senior Squid
NNID
MissRora
And what's more amusing than one struggling dapple dualie (noob)? Two, count 'em, two dapple dualies locked in mortal combat! Yes, gather around for this epic dynamic dapple dualie duel as they uselessly putt putt around each other, be astounded as they try to shoot each other from outside their tiny max range, marvel at the confusion of their entranced teammates from both sides who stare then put them both out their misery!
*applauds* Woomy tournaments commentated by Ansible when?

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Just went from S+42 in rainmaker to S+9 because my dock decided to keep dropping out, making the Switch think it was in handheld mode, while in the dock. That did annoy me a little, but I generally don't get mad which is why you never see me in this thread. :L

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Welp, I've officially traded curses. I don't have to deal with squid parties anymore. I think I've seen exactly one in the last month. Now? Now my curse is people who don't play the game. Almost every loss prior to my League session was people disconnecting, ragequitting, or just standing around intentionally doing nothing. It's frustrating.

On the bright side, there IS a report function for the obviously intentional cases, and you better believe I've been using it a lot.

Clawford

Full Squid
NNID
Clawford
To those people who run sub saver and autobombs:
Go shove those joy cons up your ***.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Match 1, Turf Wars, Moray Towers
They somehow inked all the way from their spawn point up to halfway up our tower in the time it took us to get to that point, and we weren't slow by any means. Fairly certain either cheating or witchcraft were involved.
Been there. Almost always on Moray. Smells even fishier when nobody's laid any Beakons or used the inkrails....
Though it is usually a cheap kind of fun when the dumbest of the other guys' spawn campers thinks you can't see him sitting in the corner right under your spawn platform. Maybe they somehow get off on being revenge-from-above'd.

In other news... RNG...please, just more than once in one squid wars 2 session...can me and my friends be ON THE SAME TEAM????

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Ever had one of those sessions where you just want to give up and break the brella over your knee?

Turf war. Eleven matches! Three wins... same lobby. And it wasn't like they were too strong. I just couldn't figure out how to push in and stay there. Plus they were always given one or both chargers, who always had ink coverage or sometimes a guard dog--and when all you got is a brella... well damn.

A brella with a fire rate and shield deploy speed I'm starting to hate. So many fights I knew I could have won but I got splatted during the lift and fire or shield deploy animations. And it looks like the brella's shield deploy has no i-frames or takes damage some frames after it has fully opened. At least that's what I'm assuming.

Anyway, so after somehow winning for a third time by simply giving up, storming their side of the map, blasting through them, and invading their spawn... I tried one last match in a different lobby.

Yeah, turns out I'm thoroughly salted!
share_picture.jpg

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
Roller instasplat range confounds me. I can get right up in someone's face and flick 'em, but it'll still take 2-3 flicks to pop them. Yet when someone else uses it on me, or when I test it in the target practice, that, and a little further back are instasplats. It's probably lag, but it's still frustrating. I don't plan to seriously use rollers, but I have a snorkel and life vest with swim speed up, so I figure why not go for a swimming theme set with a roller.

Squidbaggers seem to be more common lately. I'm not sure if it's because of those posts about squidbagging being "art" several days ago, but it's getting to the point to where I'm going to resort to reporting them. Admittedly it's more common when I'm trying to practice flicking with a charger. Good for you. You killed a mediocre player with a charger. Do you want a trophy for bodyslamming a baby?

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
Roller instasplat range confounds me. I can get right up in someone's face and flick 'em, but it'll still take 2-3 flicks to pop them. Yet when someone else uses it on me, or when I test it in the target practice, that, and a little further back are instasplats. It's probably lag, but it's still frustrating. I don't plan to seriously use rollers, but I have a snorkel and life vest with swim speed up, so I figure why not go for a swimming theme set with a roller.

Squidbaggers seem to be more common lately. I'm not sure if it's because of those posts about squidbagging being "art" several days ago, but it's getting to the point to where I'm going to resort to reporting them. Admittedly it's more common when I'm trying to practice flicking with a charger. Good for you. You killed a mediocre player with a charger. Do you want a trophy for bodyslamming a baby?
I sometimes have that problem with the roller as well.

If you're using the horizontal flick, angle the camera downwards and get right up in their face to make sure all the ink hits them.

the

Inkling Commander

Man, I've had this before as well... People taking 2-4 flicks and surviving and still killing me in a single frame with a slow-firing gun...

It's especially frustrating because I love so many of the roller sets but... They just can't be viable if your chances of killing with it are the same as getting a triple ability on a reroll! :mad:

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
For extra context on Dessgeega's post, I was with him in the league match. We lost the first combat encounter, and after that, these two gave up, even though Splatoon matches can go either way till the last second. This makes things even more infuriating.

D

Deleted Member

IMO Manta Maria has become the Moray Towers of enclosed spaced maps. I've had nothing but losses on Manta Maria.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
ehh nvm i wish i could delete this post

Last edited:

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Look, game. I have nothing against newbies. Really. But my patience is finite. Stop matching them on my team in otherwise high level lobbies so often. It breaks my heart to perform really well only to lose by a lot or as little as 0.2%. Sometimes I want a little treat for me giving it my all, y'know?

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
*sigh* It's times like this that make me wonder whether or not the .52 Gal really did rely on Damage Up back in the day.
People used to stack Damage on the .52 Gal because ''But defense, I don't want 3 shots'' and they wanted to guarantee that 2 shot kill on everyone, even the elusive player that stacked a lot of defense. But now that both Damage and Defense are gone, meh!

I mostly blame Damage, it kinda broke the consistency of shooters and extended their range a bit, it allowed weapons to do things they were not meant to do, like 99.9 damage Rapid Blasters or Bamboozlers, essentially turning them in 1 hit kills, and it allowed people to play certain weapons the way they were not meant to be played. Like Burst Bomb Main E-Liters and Splat Chargers that could replace Squiffers.
While defense you needed to stack so much just to notice a difference, again, because people were stacking damage ''just in case'' they got that defense up player, making it useless, hahaha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom