• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
People used to stack Damage on the .52 Gal because ''But defense, I don't want 3 shots'' and they wanted to guarantee that 2 shot kill on everyone, even the elusive player that stacked a lot of defense. But now that both Damage and Defense are gone, meh!

I mostly blame Damage, it kinda broke the consistency of shooters and extended their range a bit, it allowed weapons to do things they were not meant to do, like 99.9 damage Rapid Blasters or Bamboozlers, essentially turning them in 1 hit kills, and it allowed people to play certain weapons the way they were not meant to be played. Like Burst Bomb Main E-Liters and Splat Chargers that could replace Squiffers.
While defense you needed to stack so much just to notice a difference, again, because people were stacking damage ''just in case'' they got that defense up player, making it useless, hahaha!
This. I couldn't have said it better. Good riddance!

D

Deleted Member

> Wins an easy ranked match
> Game freezes
> Error occurs
> Gets crack instead

I am throughly convinced the game genuinly hates me.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I'm salty at the act of getting salty due to the sudden rise of the Aero RG being EVERYWHERE. In Splatoon 1 the RG was pretty much a joke after the first few months when most players moved onto better weapons. In Splatoon 2's early days the Baller was pretty bad, making the RG pretty useless then. Now it's a monster in most modes, Turf and Zones in particular, and my brain is constantly telling me it isn't true.

It's not even OP or anything, it's just...really good at what it does, and when paired with the right weapons, can be one of the best support weapons in the game. Yesterday I have the "privilege" of fighting some teams with a Custom Jr. and RG on their side in Splatzones. That may not sound terrible, but when you are suddenly dealing with auto bomb and sprinkler spams, complimented with ballers and ink storms, wrestling the zone back from them is very challenging.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I did some Rainmaker matches with my alt today, and I just could not rank up. I mean, I guess it isn't that big of a deal, since I mostly have him so I can practice using Chargers in ranked without messing up my main's rank. The thing is, I did well those matches! I pulled off some nice shots. There were several moments where I went "How did I do that?!".

Something always went wrong, and admittedly some of them were totally my fault. In two matches, I got distracted by a gaggle of 3 enemies, while the person with the Rainmaker slipped into our base. That's some advanced teamwork with randoms. In one, we kept slaughtering the opponents. Our splats were in the 15-18 area, while the opponents' was around 3-7. What went wrong? One of my allies never pushed forward with the rainmaker. He just stayed in one place until the timer went off, then the enemies slipped by and dunked the rainmaker. Finally the attached match happened...

I normally don't mind losing if I feel I did well, but sheesh.

Attachments

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
It's starting to bug me a little how I'm consistently the only non-S+ in lobbies when I do League with my friends. I almost want to get up there just to keep up appearances, but... I really don't care at all about ranked. I got S+ in the first game, I've got nothing to prove, and the ranked system is borked beyond belief as has been stated MANY times now. That's many hours of effort merely to obtain three damned letters. Egh.

Jon914

Pro Squid
I played quite a few extremely close and heated Tower Control matches last night, all won or lost by 1-2 points.

Here's one I lost by 2 points. We had a good push, but the enemy used Tenta Missiles, so we stepped off and then (still) got splatted. We pushed a few more times and got close but couldn't pass that point.

Had I waited on the tower and accepted a suicide, I think we could have at least gotten those 2 points, but in the moment, you don't have that foresight.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Time for another name and shame! THIS little jerkwad sat in spawn the entire match, squidbagging and spamming "this way!", throwing the match. Furthermore, I went to block him and I already had him blocked, I didn't remember him before but he keeps doing this stuff! Block and report this sack of crap if you see him!
Time to report him!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Not exactly salty, but... Playing Chargers in some of those maps is rather unfortunate. I don't know, maybe I am just out of practice (got Splatoon 2 yesterday, stayed one with year without playing it), but still. I was very much a Charger/Heavy Splatling main in Splatoon 1, but so far in Splatoon 2, I feel considerably more useful playing something like the the Splat Dualies or Inkbrush.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
@Reila
Most of the new levels are more compact and are less suited to chargers
Eliter 4k has less range than the old 3k (I think splat chargers have less range as well, but I am unsure)
Ink armor was (and still somewhat is) a large hindrance to 1hko weapons(It's less popular atm, so hooray?)

And lastly, charger shot velocity is now slightly slower.
It's only by a few frames but on splat chargers/eliters you definitely feel it. Thus you have to "re-learn" aiming, especially at max range.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Time for another name and shame! THIS little jerkwad sat in spawn the entire match, squidbagging and spamming "this way!", throwing the match. Furthermore, I went to block him and I already had him blocked, I didn't remember him before but he keeps doing this stuff! Block and report this sack of crap if you see him!
Huh, you think you know a guy! I've played with this dude many times, saw him just yesterday infact, but have never seen him do anything like that. Well I can't block nor report him since I've not witnessed him doing wrong, plus I don't really do that sort of thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Huh, you think you know a guy! I've played with this dude many times, saw him just yesterday infact, but have never seen him do anything like that. Well I can't block nor report him since I've not witnessed him doing wrong, plus I don't really do that sort of thing.
You can still block him if you're worried.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Do you actually, personally know this jerk? Well keep an eye out for his behavior, I've only seen the worst from him.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Do you actually, personally know this jerk? Well keep an eye out for his behavior, I've only seen the worst from him.
Not personally, all I know is I've never seen him use anything other than the Splattershot. In general I haven't actually seen much foul behavior in the hundreds of hours I've played this game for, but I guess I'm just lucky.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Not personally, all I know is I've never seen him use anything other than the Splattershot. In general I haven't actually seen much foul behavior in the hundreds of hours I've played this game for, but I guess I'm just lucky.
You are, it's almost a daily occurrence for me. Ragequitters and idlers and people like this, oh my! :P I was in a group with 5 friends when we ran into this guy and his behavior, so plenty can vouch for what I saw.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I had the displeasure of playing with an AFK "player" tonight. The player didn't seem to do much in the first match, they were in the opponent team. We won. In the following match, they were in my team and they stayed on the spawn point pretty much the whole match and ended with 51p. In the third match, they decided to try and play after the opponent team had dominated the map already. Not fun.

Wondering if I should post the screenshots I took or just report the person.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I had the displeasure of playing with an AFK "player" tonight. The player didn't seem to do much in the first match, they were in the opponent team. We won. In the following match, they were in my team and they stayed on the spawn point pretty much the whole match and ended with 51p. In the third match, they decided to try and play after the opponent team had dominated the map already. Not fun.

Wondering if I should post the screenshots I took or just report the person.
I know I'm doing it, but naming and shaming probably shouldn't be a trend. Hell, I should knock it off. Maybe just report them.

cosmic

Inkling
just trying my best not to be so upset with how bad ive been playing as of late, and trying to keep in the forefront of my mind that i play for fun, and with practice and experimentation ill get better,,,,

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Couldn't figure out why last night there were so many tryhards in Turf when Salmon Run was wide open...

...then talked the roomie into playing a few SR rounds after I was all Turfed out. Understood immediately. That was an awful weapons roundup. Both .gals, both Nozzlenoses. What sadist...???

On the upside, I only had to lobby-hop like once. The majority of the matches were close and hectic, but in the overall fun way.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Couldn't figure out why last night there were so many tryhards in Turf when Salmon Run was wide open...

...then talked the roomie into playing a few SR rounds after I was all Turfed out. Understood immediately. That was an awful weapons roundup. Both .gals, both Nozzlenoses. What sadist...???
Yeah, even as not only a SR lover but also a random weapon squad fan in Splat 1
I knew to avoid this SR rotation.

Playing with your Voice chat friends while using wonky weapon setups is one thing(really funny, especially when you play with a very vocal canadian).
But pairing with randoms who may have never touched a nozzlenose ever?
I didn't even experience it and I'm feeling a bit of contact salt >_<;

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom