• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
I miss the Japanese players.

I really miss the Japanese players.

They were fun, they were tough, and Cod love 'em, they put up a fair fight. They really made it enjoyable. Now that the matchmaker is region-locked, it's spawn camp, spawn camp and more spawn camp. With a side of spawn camp. And a nice hot cup of spawn camp to go with it. If I have to level up solely by getting my squid face stomped into the turf for eternity, it's gonna get old really fast. Yes, I get that spawn camping is viable. Whatever. Just consider that you doing you might be taking some of the fun out of the game for other players, please.

In other news, bless Salmon Run. It clears out Turf faster than the ideal Rank mode/stage combo =p

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I miss the Japanese players.

I really miss the Japanese players.

They were fun, they were tough, and Cod love 'em, they put up a fair fight. They really made it enjoyable. Now that the matchmaker is region-locked, it's spawn camp, spawn camp and more spawn camp. With a side of spawn camp. And a nice hot cup of spawn camp to go with it. If I have to level up solely by getting my squid face stomped into the turf for eternity, it's gonna get old really fast. Yes, I get that spawn camping is viable. Whatever. Just consider that you doing you might be taking some of the fun out of the game for other players, please.

In other news, bless Salmon Run. It clears out Turf faster than the ideal Rank mode/stage combo =p
YES. PLEASE. Japanese players had some issues (most of my partiers were Japanese), but I'll gladly take the player variety over what we've got now.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
SHOOT AT THE MOTHERSHIP, PEOPLE! Even if you haven't read the manual explaining the event, Mr. Grizz has TWO pop-ups about the mothership! There's no excuse for blithely ignoring it and losing 1-2 eggs (and usually the match) because I'm the only one shooting at the egg thief!

Last edited:

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Had to take on a team 1 Vs 4 in Ranked.
Forgot to take a screenshot.
Was squidbagged by all of them.
Did it take any points off your rank after the match? If it did....then oof.

I'll admit, even I would be salty after that. Pretty disrespectful of that team.

GreatGateway

Full Squid
Luckily no. The new system in 2 is nice enough to spot when you are stuck with quitters. It gives the winners a few points, but didn't penalise me.

Did it take any points off your rank after the match? If it did....then oof.

I'll admit, even I would be salty after that. Pretty disrespectful of that team.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you have a Charger or Splatling on your team and theyre doing their best to hold down the middle, PLEASE DO US A FAVOR AND ADVANCE FOR US! It's great! There's a Sprinkler down there, I'm laying down a buttload of ink on the enemy turf, and tons of suppressing fire that's keeping the enemies away. But chargers and splatlings can't hold down the center forever. Eventually the enemy is gonna find a crack in the wall and break through, and once that happens, oh boy. Splatlings and Chargers aren't really ideal weapons for advancing, that's where the other 3 squids come in. Pleeeeeeeease help us break through and get past the middle! If you don't, it's gonna be an awkward stalemate for the entire match. I've been losing so many games lately with my trusty Hero Splatling because my teammates weren't doing their part and advancing forward when I was laying down LOADS of turf. im really flattered that you like to cling to me and stay near me but i just really wanna win sometimes....

And hey! If you didn't know that, now ya know to press the advantage when your splatlings and chargers have a lockdown initiated on the middle!

Last edited:

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
So Luna Blasters now have their bigger blast removed and their ink consumption increased by roughly 50%, basically turning into a handicapped regular blaster. I'm not even a blaster main and i think that nerf is really excessive.

The nerfs are coming out hard this time around.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you have a Charger or Splatling on your team and theyre doing their best to hold down the middle, PLEASE DO US A FAVOR AND ADVANCE FOR US! It's great! There's a Sprinkler down there, I'm laying down a buttload of ink on the enemy turf, and tons of suppressing fire that's keeping the enemies away. But chargers and splatlings can't hold down the center forever. Eventually the enemy is gonna find a crack in the wall and break through, and once that happens, oh boy. Splatlings and Chargers aren't really ideal weapons for advancing, that's where the other 3 squids come in. Pleeeeeeeease help us break through and get past the middle! If you don't, it's gonna be an awkward stalemate for the entire match. I've been losing so many games lately with my trusty Hero Splatling because my teammates weren't doing their part and advancing forward when I was laying down LOADS of turf. im really flattered that you like to cling to me and stay near me but i just really wanna win sometimes....

And hey! If you didn't know that, now ya know to press the advantage when your splatlings and chargers have a lockdown initiated on the middle!
This is me with the Dynamo rollers. I like to guard an area and keep people from getting past it. But sometimes my team just. wont. PUSH. And sometimes I have to do it all by myself!...then have the area I was guarding taken over.

I can advance forward when needed, but can you? Thats something we need to begin asking our random teammates...

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
So Luna Blasters now have their bigger blast removed and their ink consumption increased by roughly 50%, basically turning into a handicapped regular blaster. I'm not even a blaster main and i think that nerf is really excessive.

The nerfs are coming out hard this time around.
the stealth jump and quick respawn nerfs were all that were needed to tone down the luna blaster (and the damage up nerfs that capped Blaster damage to 99.9, but those are completely gone) but in the process they entirely killed Quick Respawn as an ability and Skalop as a brand because it's known as the brand with "the crappy ability". Shouldve nerfed Quick Respawn a lot less hard. :/

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
This is me with the Dynamo rollers. I like to guard an area and keep people from getting past it. But sometimes my team just. wont. PUSH. And sometimes I have to do it all by myself!...then have the area I was guarding taken over.

I can advance forward when needed, but can you? Thats something we need to begin asking our random teammates...
It's such a bad feel when youre the one forced to advance. Like, okay. the slow moving bruiser is gonna advance all alone. "guess i'll die"

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
It's such a bad feel when youre the one forced to advance. Like, okay. the slow moving bruiser is gonna advance all alone. "guess i'll die"
That. In Splatoon 1, it was all that.

Vertical flick is starting to make up for that slow movement however in Splatoon 2...but not so much if I'm surrounded by the enemy team or something.

I might as well add a bit of salt though...its mild, but still....I don't know what it is, but having a teammate just walk up to me and....

"Hey- hey! Whatcha doooing?!" ...is what they're likely saying to me, as they just stand and watch me sling my Ink onto the turf across from me.

Yes, I have a big fat heavy roller. It looks nice....DON'T STARE AT IT. GET OUT THERE AND INK THE TURF.

Did I mention I had this happen in Ranked Splatzones? Because it did. Otherwise I wouldn't be as livid...

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
I have played many matches of rainmaker, and it takes a lot to make me salty about any match but my one teammate ran to get the rainmaker first. Got it and then decided to swim around while the rest of the team went ahead to clear a path in Inkblot Academy. He still stayed even when we had the other team contained and ran the rainmaker's clock down. It was like watching a football player catch the ball and then run around in circles.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Here I am, the Forte! Brought you by @ZEROrevive who is having the same fit as I am, so prepare your salt canons because there will be lickin' afoot. Also, don't forget the popcorn again, guys, c'mon.

Now for our motion presentation...

Forte presents...

MOBY DYNAMO ROLLER
(Sorry, my title is lame, screw all of you.)

The birds were singing, and the Square was blooming with swarms of inklings. Soon, Splatfest will arrive and everyone will soon know the answer to which is better: Mayonnaise or Ketchup?
For a fact, I hate ketchup, so you don't need the definition of that example.

So pushing that aside, my little inkling self sleepily dragged himself into the lobby, pitching with his dynamic duo of a roller hitch over his shoulder like a man that he is. Because masculinity is the bomb, don't assume my nature! (GUUURAH!) I already predicted my assault, and had somewhat master the mines. My special was ready as Reggie before his 64th push up.

The steam released from the spawn as my whole team spawn. The start screen counts down as we all arise from our squid forms, some carbon and aerospray. But what they did not realize the towering titan shadowing over the few. Glancing upward, a golden and silver roller with a engine rearing from it gazed back at them as if the Splatoon god himself bestowed the Excalibur of all weapons upon the turf. I exchange a glance back at them with a sweat sweat from my brow, this wasn't going to go so well, was it?

With the sound off of a gunshot, the match starts and I began to flick my ink that exceeds that of a charger. The onlookers of my team watch in all as ink flew over their heads into the fray, touching the other side with ease of a graceful swan. So distracted in fact, they sat there and watch me do all the work.

The team was quickly descending up the incline, and I had hardly any turf to spare than what was behind me. The rollers were spinning in circles, the shooters stood up there, continuing to pivot and see my actions get hindered by the oncoming opponents. I was screaming.

"HELP DANGIT!?" Called in the angriest inkling voice I could ever imagine. It was then, the other team was also confused by my weapon. It was large, immense to their puny little guns and rollers that they wielded. I kept them from reaching, but at the same time I watch my loony team continuing to be useless as usual.

Now, this is where I break the rules of the forum and transfer into a more fresh moment.

Chargers in this game, or at least have acquired the weapon. They believe to be the only longest ink spreading inkling on the face of their earth. But today, I came. The next match started, but more at ease. The team did my doing, and that is when I spotted her. Yes, her, that inkling standing on a high point that shot me.

So, thoughts strung in my mind of the generation one game, and how long ago this wasn't possible to get them from afar. Oh, how they were wrong. I went back, charged up my stingray quickly to shake her off her stand, and then it happen. I did my vertical flick that overshot the main point of the Art Academy as it glided towards her. The charger leap nervously to the side, then to the right. What was this nonsense, as I could imagine her thinking.

I grinned causally, maybe even more deviously as I proudly swung ahead, the turf was clear, me and her were at toe to toe. I kept swinging till her patients lost all tone, and she edge at the nearest end of where she stood while I taunted her with my long flicks. The match ends, and guess what...

I WIN, HAHAHAHAA...Crud, I wish I took a snapshot of that sudden turn of events.​

the

Inkling Commander
It's a mess!

My teammates are a mess. You're a mess. I'm a mess. We're all a mess. It's all a mess!

I don't care what side you're on, but you either leveled up enough or ranked up enough to know better! Or at least take the hint
  • Stop running/swimming towards your teammates whenever you're locked on by the Tenta Missiles or an AutoBomb.
    • I don't care if "it's the thought that counts," I don't won't your second-hand explody gift!
  • Even if you don't know the range of an enemy weapon, at least know the range of your weapon
    • That goes double for newbie tri-sloshers and quadruple for aerosprays!
    • If you have a longer range, it's okay to NOT melee someone with it...
  • Discretion is the better part of unsaltedness
    • You don't have to stand there/keep going forward if you're taking hits—leave
    • X, ↓ + A. Get that into your muscle memory if you want to quickly get your butt back to base.
  • If there is a charger or splatling on your team, do not get in front of them when you're jumping off ledges or they are fighting someone!!!
    • If you're that clingy then keep to their left side, as the inklings are right handed most players' aim will veer right
  • Do not travel in a straight line when a charger or splatling is about.
  • Do not rush attack someone in a straight line!
    • Especially head on!
      • Especially head on when they out range you!
At first I found this all amusing. Then it got annoying. Now it's been salt inducing. Soon enough, it'll be amusing for me again.
I FEEL YOU WITH THE TENTA MISSILES THING.....

On one occasion (I can't really blame my teammate here but) a teammate was retreating while he had tentamissiles on him, and got splatted by the enemy. I was standing atop one of the towers near the center of sturgeon shipyard, taking aim at his squrderer (squid murderer) with my splatling. Unfortunately he died in exactly the right spot for the the trajectory of the missiles to all line up and hit exactly where i was standing. RIP

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Autobomb spam is officially the worst spam. i dont care if it's in Turf War, but it gets UNBEARABLE in ranked. Im glad there is an anti-camper tool, but the thing really needs to be able to be destroyed if shot at. It can still explode, but if you shoot at it enough, you should be able to disable it's tracking.
by the way, i main the octobrush, and i love autobombs a LOT. but i can still love something and recognize if it can be abused.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Autobomb spam is officially the worst spam. i dont care if it's in Turf War, but it gets UNBEARABLE in ranked. Im glad there is an anti-camper tool, but the thing really needs to be able to be destroyed if shot at. It can still explode, but if you shoot at it enough, you should be able to disable it's tracking.
by the way, i main the octobrush, and i love autobombs a LOT. but i can still love something and recognize if it can be abused.
I am a sorry squid if I resorted to such, but I have notice how bad this bomb is. You can spam two within a eye reach from it. It is even worst when you are on the smaller stages, and corners are most of an ISSUE on it, sheesh. (I am a carbon, and octobrush myself...I bet people hate me now for admitting, oops. Sorry for those bombs!)

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
In a strange case where someone else's salt won us the game: We were about to lose the last round of Salmon run, things were going downhill fast and most of us were already in liferafts. Basically, we played poorly and were short a few eggs from winning. But then someone ragequitted, and lowered the quota to just the amount we had right before the round ended!

I salute thee, salty squid. Your loss was probably in vain, but our victories were not!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Look, Dessgeega is going to rant about ranked again! What a shocker! A friend just showed me this, and... Just watch.
Twenty-six. This guy just dropped TWENTY-SIX ranks in the course of a match. We now have confirmation that rank skipping also applies when going down, if just in S+ so far. Isn't Nintendo trying to market this to the Esports crowd? Those guys hate random factors in competitive games, and here there's no telling if you'll go up 1 rank or 4, if the bar will fill by a sliver or a third, on and on and on. There is zero consistency and no true way to tell a ranked player's skill level when the system throws people about.

I'm a "filthy casual" from here on out, turf and salmon run and league. I'm not wasting time on game modes this badly designed. Nintendo really dropped the ball with this new ranking system.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Look, Dessgeega is going to rant about ranked again! What a shocker! A friend just showed me this, and... Just watch.
Twenty-six. This guy just dropped TWENTY-SIX ranks in the course of a match. We now have confirmation that rank skipping also applies when going down, if just in S+ so far. Isn't Nintendo trying to market this to the Esports crowd? Those guys hate random factors in competitive games, and here there's no telling if you'll go up 1 rank or 4, if the bar will fill by a sliver or a third, on and on and on. There is zero consistency and no true way to tell a ranked player's skill level when the system throws people about.

I'm a "filthy casual" from here on out, turf and salmon run and league. I'm not wasting time on game modes this badly designed. Nintendo really dropped the ball with this new ranking system.
whot the hell
i thought you just get sent back to the previous "OK" check point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom