• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
How come the game doesn't show deaths anymore in the results screen? It's actually important information for me because i'd like to know if i should be a lot more careful next round.

For some reason this bothers me a lot more than it should.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
All 3 ranks in one day. I couldn't stop myself, I just wanted to win, even once. I did my job, I placed beacons, painted turf, picked off individuals etc, but I just couldn't win.
It happens. Last night I lost 10 matches between both RM and TC. Played pretty well for the most part, but the other teams had better coordination and momentum for the most part.This morning I lost my A+ in RM down to A, and currently my TC bar has two cracks without a single win. I should have just stepped back and played later, especially since I was so frustrated and salty, but I figured it could not get worse than it looked. It did sadly...

Splatzones has been very kind to me at least. I'm amazed I've made it halfway through S rank without a loss considering the other two were so brutal yesterday.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
How come the game doesn't show deaths anymore in the results screen? It's actually important information for me because i'd like to know if i should be a lot more careful next round.

You can check it in the splatnet2 app, which is a step more hassle than some would like, but it's there.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627

If I recall the app shows deaths....but the game, yeah. I wish I could see it there too. Knowing how many times I was caught and splatted is VERY important. if im dieing too many times, then im being a burden to my own team. I actually could care less of how many specials I managed to launch, yet that's shown over it.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Why on earth would i need a smartphone app? It'd be way more convienient if i could just see it in-game or through a webpage like Splatnet 1.

If I recall the app shows deaths....but the game, yeah. I wish I could see it there too. Knowing how many times I was caught and splatted is VERY important. if im dieing too many times, then im being a burden to my own team. I actually could care less of how many specials I managed to launch, yet that's shown over it.
Yeah, for some reason I've been on a losing streak in A(!!), despite me being S in the previous game. Really hoping to know what I'm doing wrong, because i'm damn sure i can conquer A ranks once more if i figure out where I'm going awry.

I know it's easy to chalk it up to bad teams, but after a while it becomes clear I'm the problem but I'd like to validate that by seeing who got shot the most.

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
So had my first game today with a thrower. I was shocked to see it in this game. If you get stuck with some idiot named NBSnacks, I am very sorry. Seems the moment the fight goes in the enemies favor, this wonderful, oxygen wasting human being stands by spawn and squid bags while shooting allies as they spawn. Could have won easily...there was a minute and a half in the match left, but nah...apparently it is more productive to lose doing stupid, childish things than TRYING to win. Can we block playing with certain players on the switch/game XD I have never really tried on a Nintendo system.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
@Hero of Lime Try using burst bombs to pop the armor. Just one, even a graze, will count as a significant enough hit to disable the armor. They have a nice range, pop instantly, and are somewhat spammable.
That is good advice on dealing with one armored user that I will keep in mind. I still feel that even using a good strategy like that won't matter much when the entire team is armored up and advancing on you. Which is my biggest issue with the special.

So had my first game today with a thrower. I was shocked to see it in this game. If you get stuck with some idiot named NBSnacks, I am very sorry. Seems the moment the fight goes in the enemies favor, this wonderful, oxygen wasting human being stands by spawn and squid bags while shooting allies as they spawn. Could have won easily...there was a minute and a half in the match left, but nah...apparently it is more productive to lose doing stupid, childish things than TRYING to win. Can we block playing with certain players on the switch/game XD I have never really tried on a Nintendo system.
You can actually block people. If you head to your profile, and your friends list, you will see a tab to look at all the players you played with recently, and there you can go and either send a friend request, or block that person. It's so silly they rage quit like that, I've seen ranked battles swing in crazy ways in this game, one team can be beaten down for most of the match, only to make a crazy good comeback and win.

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
That is good advice on dealing with one armored user that I will keep in mind. I still feel that even using a good strategy like that won't matter much when the entire team is armored up and advancing on you. Which is my biggest issue with the special.

You can actually block people. If you head to your profile, and your friends list, you will see a tab to look at all the players you played with recently, and there you can go and either send a friend request, or block that person. It's so silly they rage quit like that, I've seen ranked battles swing in crazy ways in this game, one team can be beaten down for most of the match, only to make a crazy good comeback and win.
Good to know! I am doing that now! I have seen matches COMPLETELY turn around in the last 30 seconds...there is never a point in rage quitting in this game. It is REALLY easy to turn stuff around if you work together, team wipe the enemy and ink up turf real quick.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Too bad I get most of my disconnects/booted because someone else DC'ed episodes on Starfish. I'm coming to like that stage because it has nice perches where I can sit and snipe a little and rack up turf points from safe distances.

Moray still sucks, and in fact somehow now sucks even harder than ever before =p

Go team me, I got the rights to my Hero Brella...when the base model ain't even in the game yet :'D

Gotta hand it to the Splatling user who managed to get me with the Stingray today. Good on you, even if I am an easy target sometimes.

Note to Self, being vertically uphill from a Splashdown will not save you...

Dear Teammates: I know this is just Turf and none of you actually care much, but please consider inking our side of the map on your way to the kill zone. Mandatory minor complaint, since you're leaving all that cash for me to pick up, but still, don't whine you haven't got enough to build up your specials with when all you seem to want to do is go die constantly.

Forgot the method when playing with Troublesome Friend is to get into Turf and then have him come join me. The other way around just dumps me in a lobby full of complete bloodthirsty tryhards. Though it is good to know the matchmaker is still taking suck levels into account ;'D

Forgotten Lands

Inkling
NNID
MrSaturn012
Switch Friend Code
SW-4386-3007-1327
I'll admit to be one to rush into mid as fast a physically possible, but with some reason, on a couple maps early dominance can be (or at least feel) extremely helpful; anyways, I prefer to get my kills in person.

I had my first thrower on a match of Rainmaker (luckily it was low rank still), everytime they got the rainmaker they would try to rush it to our side of the map like it was capture the flag, good thing they were too incompetent to get anywhere.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Would be nice if Quick Respawn eventually gets some sort of useful both. Every time my sub slot rolls a quick respawn I look at it in pity. And any clothes with Quick Respawn for a main ability I have to wait on Annie to provide a useful alternative.

Just went ahead and re-fought the Octo-Shower with every weapon in one session. So tedious with anything that isn't a charger or splatling! I managed to compensate by just jumping atop the damn thing's head to more easily splat the octocopters, but it was still a bother.

Dear Teammates: I know this is just Turf and none of you actually care much, but please consider inking our side of the map on your way to the kill zone. Mandatory minor complaint, since you're leaving all that cash for me to pick up, but still, don't whine you haven't got enough to build up your specials with when all you seem to want to do is go die constantly.
Sadly, after peeking through other USian forums talking about Splatoon, the prevailing tactic seems to be "rush to the center because the center is all, the center is life" in all modes, but predominantly Turf War as that is what the majority of them play, followed by "always be building towards your all mighty special to selfishly use." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm really curious how the other regions are playing... and hoping its different.

And I need to find time to play with you and Troublesome Friend again. I miss roughhousing with you two.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Gotta hand it to the Splatling user who managed to get me with the Stingray today. Good on you, even if I am an easy target sometimes.
talk about a rare event. Heck, that's so uncommon that I mightve been the splatling.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
If that was you (can't remember the SN now) then I'm very sorry for being a letdown when we were on the same team :'D I'm not competitive at all.
;p if it was a normal splatling, it wasnt me. i had the hero splatling. also dont worry too much about being a let down to your team, cos even if you were, everyone has those days.

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
Would be nice if Quick Respawn eventually gets some sort of useful both. Every time my sub slot rolls a quick respawn I look at it in pity. And any clothes with Quick Respawn for a main ability I have to wait on Annie to provide a useful alternative.

Just went ahead and re-fought the Octo-Shower with every weapon in one session. So tedious with anything that isn't a charger or splatling! I managed to compensate by just jumping atop the damn thing's head to more easily splat the octocopters, but it was still a bother.

Sadly, after peeking through other USian forums talking about Splatoon, the prevailing tactic seems to be "rush to the center because the center is all, the center is life" in all modes, but predominantly Turf War as that is what the majority of them play, followed by "always be building towards your all mighty special to selfishly use." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm really curious how the other regions are playing... and hoping its different.

And I need to find time to play with you and Troublesome Friend again. I miss roughhousing with you two.
At least HALF of my games, I am the one who stays behind to ink our spawn and surrounding area while the other 3 go play "Call of Duty: Paintball Edition"...SPEAKING OF WHICH, go back to call of duty if at the end of the round you have 10-15 kills, but only got 200 points. Yeah, killing helps the team achieve the true goal, but if the other team is still managing to get at least 600-700 points each, the scales are still going to tilt in their favor. Inked turf wins turf wars ultimately, not your precious K/D....literally nobody cares about that when we lose and it is likely your fault. Even if you use a crappy turfing weapon like a blaster, SURELY you can manage 400-500 points while still getting a high kill count?

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I hate this game's multiplayer. Playing with friends is the biggest pain ever and makes me not want to play, when even competitive is limited to just solo queue outside of League Mode which I don't want to play. You can't change your weapon and stay in the lobby and only being able to play Salmon Run 4 player (can't play with just 2 friends and no randoms) is so, so stupid.

Game wise the only thing that really bothers me is related to above: randoms. I don't like playing with them, and I don't like being put in lobbies of 6 aerosprays. This game doesn't really even bother to try to match you with fair team comps.

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823

I had a match the other day where we had control of the zone to 1 second left and the other team hadn't even controled it yet.... We got KO'd How does that happen?

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I had a match the other day where we had control of the zone to 1 second left and the other team hadn't even controled it yet.... We got KO'd How does that happen?
Did the enemy team have ink armor? Because if they managed to rally together and wipe your team, that's very believable. Another problem I notice, something I'm guilty of myself, people who have full control of the ranked objective will lower their guard because they think they have won. But it's very easy to have the enemy team make a comeback in that scenario, so you need to be careful.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Did the enemy team have ink armor? Because if they managed to rally together and wipe your team, that's very believable. Another problem I notice, something I'm guilty of myself, people who have full control of the ranked objective will lower their guard because they think they have won. But it's very easy to have the enemy team make a comeback in that scenario, so you need to be careful.
This. This exactly. Do you have control? Are the enemies all or mostly dead? Great! PAINT LIKE YOU'RE BEING PAID FOR IT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom