• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Maave

Inkling Commander
I always feel gypped when my Dynamo swing doesn't kill at point blank. I know the OHKO spread was balanced back in S1 but like ... I'm swinging a 1000t hammer at nearly rolling distance, squids should get flattened.

KamaItachi

Inkling
Last night playing Rain Maker I'm cruising on a 6-7 game losing streak.

Walleye Warehouse, other team grabs the rainmaker and we are on the ropes within seconds of the match. I'm on defense and they're right at the base of our goal, but they made the mistake of charging up the stairs where they get funneled into single file I wind up my Splatling and boom! Total team wipe.

Instantly things turn around. Team mate grabs the Rainmaker 'This Way!' I push hard.

Other team respawns, they charge but are scattered by my tenta missiles and fall to my grim determination. Everything clicks. I am in the zone.

I am part of the 300. I am king Leonidas.

I pave the way, past the centre, smooth ink all the way to the goal.

I check the map.

Rainmaker is still at our base. Carrier has not moved.

I get swarmed. I get splatted. Carrier starts to move in circles. Other team steamroll the carrier and score a knockout.

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
Hard fought Splat Zones. A lot of back and forth. I have trouble in this mode, because it forces me to quickly close the skill gap between myself and people who've been playing longer.

The other team dominates us for a solid 2 spawns. I flank with my tri-slosher, and catch their Splattershot Pro from behind. Ink the zone, we're in control! With our brella covering the flank, we manage to funnel them out of their spawn.

Seconds tick by, we take the lead! Its quiet, so I look around expecting to be flanked... Map feels empty? I get double teamed and splatted. Look at map... No teammates on map. All 3 of my teammates disconnected when we took the lead. 2 squids left on the enemy team box me into the high ground as they win in overtime.

It counts against my break bar...

*Sigh*

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
A forlorn tale told 8½ times out of 10...

Me:
Aww~ yeah, I'm gonna use ____! Thanks for being my league partner(s) ♥!

Partner(s): Um... You serious??

Me: Wait NO, I'm just joking!! *picks "serious" weapon; weeps internally*
bf3e88a377ced1cf501ba148b37cfa47.jpg

the

Inkling Commander
A forlorn tale told 8½ times out of 10...

Me:
Aww~ yeah, I'm gonna use ____! Thanks for being my league partner(s) ♥!

Partner(s): Um... You serious??

Me: Wait NO, I'm just joking!! *picks "serious" weapon; weeps internally*
View attachment 6312
A true friend is one that lets you take the dynamo into clam blitz

H*ck the establishment!!!!!

Maave

Inkling Commander
A true friend is one that lets you take the dynamo into clam blitz

H*ck the establishment!!!!!
I've been using the Gold Dyno in Clam Blitz. No clams, only ink coverage and splatting. I actually like it. It's less stressful just letting the teammates deal with the clams.

My rant today is teammates super jumping. I've been seeing this a LOT, even in S+4, squids jumping to the middle of enemy ink and inevitably being splatted. Please punish all bad super jumpers. Make them learn.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Okay, I'm getting REALLY sick and tired of losing games today. 90% of my games today have been nothing but losses. I've been switching weapons, switching tactics, NOTHING. CAN I JUST WIN A FEW GAMES!?

Sorry.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Can we all just agree that Tower Control is the worst mode?

Every game is overrun with blasters and sloshers, and the fact that both those weapon types are two shots don't help either.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Okay, I'm getting REALLY sick and tired of losing games today. 90% of my games today have been nothing but losses. I've been switching weapons, switching tactics, NOTHING. CAN I JUST WIN A FEW GAMES!?

Sorry.
I've been there. In fact, I was there last night. Terrible losing streak no matter what tactic I tried. I was switching weapons, approaching things from different angles, but to no avail.

To be fair, I had started off using the Glooga Dualies. Never a top tier pick, but I wanted to try it out again to see if the improvements that they made to the weapon brought it from trash tier to at least passable. I couldn't really tell you because Ink Mines are terrible regardless of the quality of the main weapon. I admit that my slump was a trap of my own devising, but at least I am having fun learning a new weapon! Even if it is just the Gloogas.

No need to apologize though. This is the thread to come and complain about things. Splatoon related things more specifically. I'm not sure that complaining about a bad slice of pie would be a good idea. Unless it's......Octo Pie! Ha ha! ............I'll see myself out.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
@zzmorg82 Been there, done that. It always frustrates me when that happens. Sometimes, however, you end up getting a friend request from said rival because they enjoyed the challenging skirmish you provided. Happened to me on two occasions. Those are the best ones because you know that they are going to be a good challenge and that they will be just as good on your team!

Padre

Pro Squid
Been playing handheld and my hands are broken. Switch is really unpleasant to hold. Sad days.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Apparently our satellite beam is somehow too congested for us to be able to do what we got internet access in order to do to begin with. Specifically, be bale to make phone calls and play games. It limps along for everything else. I'm exuding salt like an evaporating ocean.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
So I'm not actually salty about this, because it happened on my "I don't know how to use this weapon, let me practice in not-S+ rank please" account rather than my main account. I just wanted to share it with you because I thought it was funny, and had it happened on my S+ account I'd have raged. It's particularly funny because something similar happened to FLC in C- Rainmaker on his own alt account, and we're even using the same weapon when it happened. How about that?

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I remember that video. It most certainly is something specially salty and salty special.

A few peak peculiarities in my latest twin splat zone session full of lol wut:

US: two hero Splatchargers, an e-liter, and an octobrush with no bombs.
THEM: Does it even matter?
Lost that one.

THEM:
two nzap 85s, an nzap 89, and a dapple.
Lost that one.

THEM:
clash blaster, two hero blasters, and a range blasters
Won this one... somehow!

For update 3.0 can we fire the current matchmaker and hire a new one?!?!

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
For update 3.0 can we fire the current matchmaker and hire a new one?!?!
The one thing I liked best about the open tournament last weekend was what a difference it made that I could choose my weapon AFTER seeing the map... Match making would be a lot easier if you didn't pick your weapon until AFTER you have your teammates/map, and you all got to see what everyone else is using before locking in. It's really hard to go back to twins league especially after playing in a tournament because of this huge difference.

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
I'm salty at map rotation. All this weekend, when I finally broke away from friends and family, Clam Blitz was on rotation. I wanted another shot at A ranks in Splat Zones and Tower Control... I probly would've gotten throttled, but I'm so close to being back there in both.

Stupid times not syncing with my times. Grrr...

Bonus salt: I played around with my gear to try out the inkbrush with ninja squid, and I'm frustrated by how effective I was. Do I give up my beloved tri-slosher, and join the ranks of brush users? Grrrr....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom