1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by OmegaDivider, Jul 21, 2017.

1. zzmorg82

zzmorg82 Pro Squid

NNID:
    zzmorg82
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2476-2506-3411
    Nah, you're wilding for that.

That's how you drive people away from the playerbase; regardless of skill level.

Nerdbird, Elecmaw, Marfie and 4 others like this.
  2. Dark Sage Walker

Dark Sage Walker Inkling Commander

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8295-5505-1414
    @Padre I only report people that are actively going out of their way to make things difficult for others. Unsportsmanlike squid baggers, partiers who want nothing to do with the game and just want to throw their own little fiesta in the corner, people who are making things hard for others by manipulating the game's internet lag to perform well outside of their actual skill level. These are the things that need to be reported. Playing badly? Just move on to another room and leave them to learn. If they are interested in getting better, they will learn how to do that.

3. Ansible

Ansible Squid Savior From the Future
    Community Ambassador

NNID:
    RocketRobin
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8134-5728-9110
    @Padre, attempt to do some good, and many of us a favour: Stop.

Both the usage of such a demeaning term and reporting teammates for defeats you all share. You're becoming an example of what people refer to when they mention toxicity in gaming.

Such behaviour bears nothing positive to anyone, even in a salt thread. So please, stop. =)

Nerdbird, Elecmaw, zzmorg82 and 5 others like this.
  4. Padre

Padre Pro Squid

Im not trying to be better than them so I dont care. I am better and that is what matters. Hopefully few bans will make them dissappear. I want smaller community with less players who do something else than play.

5. vanille987

vanille987 Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    777SAS777
    Why?

Marfie likes this.
  6. Elecmaw

Elecmaw Lord of the Squids

NNID:
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3466-8927-7969
    You say this **** and you're 36 years old, not 12.

I'd be deeply embarrassed if i were you.

7. Dessgeega

Dessgeega Squid Savior From the Future

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3756-0533-5215
    Ooooookay! Well if you want a smaller community on this game, you have achieved this for yourself by damaging your reputation. Have fun being known as unrepentant and toxic around here!

8. Spaceswitchmars

Spaceswitchmars Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    _funmars
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0556-1305-6031
    I had to check his age too.

9. Padre

Padre Pro Squid

So what would be your advice for me in Ranked? Againts AFKers and those who dont care? Lets say Clam Blitz for example. If your teammates pick the clams and rush to death just helping opponents. Or AKFing at base? I know this game is for ages 7+, but you should try to play, at least if you join ranked. I find that reporting is pretty much only thing I can do to help myself.

10. RelicRaider

RelicRaider Pro Squid

NNID:
    RelicRaiderULTD
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-6136-3428-7995
    It’s not that we don’t understand your complaint, it’s just that your attitude is poor. Saying you know you’re the best may be a joke but it comes across as arrogant and incredibly rude. I’m sure you were in the position of those players that didn’t know what to do at some point, everybody was, and I don’t think anyone appreciates being told they’re useless or rubbish before they’ve had time to learn. I think you should just be a little more tactful in future if you don’t want everyone jumping down your throat.

11. Absolutely Absol

Absolutely Absol Pro Squid

@Padre Also, you don't give them chances getting improved and learning. Basically, you're pushing newer players away.

Besides, I don't want to wait at lobby screen for long time or being kicked out of the lobby because of smaller community.

12. Elecmaw

NNID:
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3466-8927-7969
    I personally never would've thought Salmon Run would be capable of sending me into full-tilt, but after having to babysit the worst melty squid children time after time i've seriously wondered how on earth did they get on 'profressional'. Egg guards, people who run into grillers, people who go for no-special runs, people who just die constantly by running into things mindlessly, people who bring 0 eggs, people who never revive, people busy with extensive floor studies, people who just migrate to one side of the map for no reason and stay there until they die. These things happened all during today's session, and considering today's loadout is very solid (Dynamo/Heavy/Splash/N-Zap), this spectacle was nothing short of a massive disappointment.

So congratulations, teams! You've worked real hard, and you accomplished exactly what you were fighting tooth-and-nail for: Failure! Next time, allow me to cut right to the chase and toss you all out of the Grizzco boat.

13. Elecmaw

NNID:
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3466-8927-7969
    Who thought a new patch drop could make me this salty?

The sprinkler nerf (afaik, sprinklers were never a problem) convince me that the balancing is done by people who just slide values around and never check to see if it works or not. This will not nerf the weapons it was supposed to fix (vHeavy) and instead completely breaks every single other weapon w/ sprinker in the process (vBrella in particular will get wrecked by this, there's no reason to pick it over Sorella now).
    It doesn't even make sense from an utility standpoint. Now just barely inks more than a suction bomb while still gargling 60% of your ink tank. Sprinkler has turned from a balanced sub to literally the worst thing in the entire game, a massive ink-sink that just barely inks a puddle on the floor. It doesn't make a lick of sense.

Oh yeah, and Squeezer buff didn't help it's turf coverage at all. It still paints worse than an E4K. Gonna be real giddy for that shweet shweet 2% extra ink coverage next patch, that'll help it good. God forbid something actually gets buffed right now.

I've invested time and effort into getting good with the Brella and this is what I'm gonna get. Great. Wonderful. I'm not upset right now. Not at all.

14. InklingJoe

InklingJoe Semi-Pro Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5084-9470-8912
    You may have guessed that, as a person who plays brella a lot, this patch disappoints me. I blame the slosher deco for this. With the nerf being that hard, I guess sorella is going to be the go-to. I just don't work with bomb rush as well as I do with ink storm.

If sprinklers are really gonna join the forgetten junk bin, maybe this is the event that pushes me to ink brush and mini.

AllToonedUp and Marfie like this.
  15. the

the Inkling Commander

Yea the sprinkler nerf tried and (maybe?) succeeded in nerfing slosher deco and vanilla heavy. But it demolished every other sprinkler weap in the process...

Marfie likes this.
  16. Dark Sage Walker

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8295-5505-1414
    I don't understand the Sprinkler hate. Why did it need to get nerfed that hard? Personally, I like Sprinklers! I think that they provide an interesting utility for a sub weapon! But by crushing it so completely, all it does it bring emphasis to that rushdown playstyle that's already being done to death by so many other weapons! Some of the balance changes were good. Some were overall meaningless (Squeezer comes to mind). But this is just a bad change. Sprinklers were fine as they were! I don't mean to be a jerk in my thinking, but what were you thinking, Nintendo? This was an awful idea!

On the other hand, I do appreciate the Splash Wall changes.

17. Slushious

Slushious Token Party Squid
    Premium

NNID:
    Setsu-P
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3439-5127-4993
    ...at least the sprinkler accomplishes something when you drop it on spawn, unlike a beakon...

=p

Dark Sage Walker and Ansible like this.
  18. Dark Sage Walker

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8295-5505-1414
    @Slushious The problem there is with the user of the Beakon, not the Beakon itself. Some people seem to think that something special will happen if you drop Beakons at spawn. I have no idea what, though. Maybe they are expecting to win a free pizza for doing so. Maybe they are thinking that you can't jump back to spawn without that Beakon to light the way. Maybe, just maybe, they are setting a Beakon there to highlight a landing place for a certain, wandering photographer to land and grace us with a dazzling photo to help us capture the momeries of our journey!

Say Fuzzy Pickles!

19. InklingJoe

InklingJoe Semi-Pro Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5084-9470-8912
    Just filled my A- bar to the top, then broke before ranking up 3 times in the last rotation. I have so much rage for the 3 disconnects that counted against my bar, and the rando I kept getting who'd quit halfway through. I'm gonna start growing freaking crystalized sodium deposits right now.

20. Slushious

Slushious Token Party Squid
    Premium

NNID:
    Setsu-P
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3439-5127-4993
    I think the general consensus used to be people forgetting they had Beakons and not Sprinklers, and dropping the sub as they normally would...so where normally they'd lay a Sprinkler at spawn, instead there'd be a Beakon.
    /sad trombone

Dark Sage Walker likes this.