• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

zzmorg82

Pro Squid
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch Friend Code
SW-2476-2506-3411
Oh no. Just lost 10 games because of bad teammates. From now on I will report two players on my team for loss. Single report wont get these level 15 guys away from this game. Players who dont even know the rules of ranked. Hopefully all these reports will get rid of some retards playing this game. :) Well, back to grinding.
Nah, you're wilding for that.

That's how you drive people away from the playerbase; regardless of skill level.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
@Padre I only report people that are actively going out of their way to make things difficult for others. Unsportsmanlike squid baggers, partiers who want nothing to do with the game and just want to throw their own little fiesta in the corner, people who are making things hard for others by manipulating the game's internet lag to perform well outside of their actual skill level. These are the things that need to be reported. Playing badly? Just move on to another room and leave them to learn. If they are interested in getting better, they will learn how to do that.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
@Padre, attempt to do some good, and many of us a favour: Stop.

Both the usage of such a demeaning term and reporting teammates for defeats you all share. You're becoming an example of what people refer to when they mention toxicity in gaming.

Such behaviour bears nothing positive to anyone, even in a salt thread. So please, stop. =)

Padre

Pro Squid
@Padre, attempt to do some good, and many of us a favour: Stop.

Both the usage of such a demeaning term and reporting teammates for defeats you all share. You're becoming an example of what people refer to when they mention toxicity in gaming.

Such behaviour bears nothing positive to anyone, even in a salt thread. So please, stop. =)
Im not trying to be better than them so I dont care. I am better and that is what matters. Hopefully few bans will make them dissappear. I want smaller community with less players who do something else than play.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Im not trying to be better than them so I dont care. I am better and that is what matters. Hopefully few bans will make them dissappear. I want smaller community with less players who do something else than play.
You say this **** and you're 36 years old, not 12.

I'd be deeply embarrassed if i were you.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Ooooookay! Well if you want a smaller community on this game, you have achieved this for yourself by damaging your reputation. Have fun being known as unrepentant and toxic around here!

Padre

Pro Squid
You say this **** and you're 36 years old, not 12.

I'd be deeply embarrassed if i were you.
So what would be your advice for me in Ranked? Againts AFKers and those who dont care? Lets say Clam Blitz for example. If your teammates pick the clams and rush to death just helping opponents. Or AKFing at base? I know this game is for ages 7+, but you should try to play, at least if you join ranked. I find that reporting is pretty much only thing I can do to help myself.

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
So what would be your advice for me in Ranked? Againts AFKers and those who dont care? Lets say Clam Blitz for example. If your teammates pick the clams and rush to death just helping opponents. Or AKFing at base? I know this game is for ages 7+, but you should try to play, at least if you join ranked. I find that reporting is pretty much only thing I can do to help myself.
It’s not that we don’t understand your complaint, it’s just that your attitude is poor. Saying you know you’re the best may be a joke but it comes across as arrogant and incredibly rude. I’m sure you were in the position of those players that didn’t know what to do at some point, everybody was, and I don’t think anyone appreciates being told they’re useless or rubbish before they’ve had time to learn. I think you should just be a little more tactful in future if you don’t want everyone jumping down your throat.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I personally never would've thought Salmon Run would be capable of sending me into full-tilt, but after having to babysit the worst melty squid children time after time i've seriously wondered how on earth did they get on 'profressional'. Egg guards, people who run into grillers, people who go for no-special runs, people who just die constantly by running into things mindlessly, people who bring 0 eggs, people who never revive, people busy with extensive floor studies, people who just migrate to one side of the map for no reason and stay there until they die. These things happened all during today's session, and considering today's loadout is very solid (Dynamo/Heavy/Splash/N-Zap), this spectacle was nothing short of a massive disappointment.

So congratulations, teams! You've worked real hard, and you accomplished exactly what you were fighting tooth-and-nail for: Failure! Next time, allow me to cut right to the chase and toss you all out of the Grizzco boat.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Who thought a new patch drop could make me this salty?

The sprinkler nerf (afaik, sprinklers were never a problem) convince me that the balancing is done by people who just slide values around and never check to see if it works or not. This will not nerf the weapons it was supposed to fix (vHeavy) and instead completely breaks every single other weapon w/ sprinker in the process (vBrella in particular will get wrecked by this, there's no reason to pick it over Sorella now).
It doesn't even make sense from an utility standpoint. Now just barely inks more than a suction bomb while still gargling 60% of your ink tank. Sprinkler has turned from a balanced sub to literally the worst thing in the entire game, a massive ink-sink that just barely inks a puddle on the floor. It doesn't make a lick of sense.

Oh yeah, and Squeezer buff didn't help it's turf coverage at all. It still paints worse than an E4K. Gonna be real giddy for that shweet shweet 2% extra ink coverage next patch, that'll help it good. God forbid something actually gets buffed right now.

I've invested time and effort into getting good with the Brella and this is what I'm gonna get. Great. Wonderful. I'm not upset right now. Not at all.

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
You may have guessed that, as a person who plays brella a lot, this patch disappoints me. I blame the slosher deco for this. With the nerf being that hard, I guess sorella is going to be the go-to. I just don't work with bomb rush as well as I do with ink storm.

If sprinklers are really gonna join the forgetten junk bin, maybe this is the event that pushes me to ink brush and mini.

the

Inkling Commander
Yea the sprinkler nerf tried and (maybe?) succeeded in nerfing slosher deco and vanilla heavy. But it demolished every other sprinkler weap in the process...

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
I don't understand the Sprinkler hate. Why did it need to get nerfed that hard? Personally, I like Sprinklers! I think that they provide an interesting utility for a sub weapon! But by crushing it so completely, all it does it bring emphasis to that rushdown playstyle that's already being done to death by so many other weapons! Some of the balance changes were good. Some were overall meaningless (Squeezer comes to mind). But this is just a bad change. Sprinklers were fine as they were! I don't mean to be a jerk in my thinking, but what were you thinking, Nintendo? This was an awful idea!

On the other hand, I do appreciate the Splash Wall changes.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
@Slushious The problem there is with the user of the Beakon, not the Beakon itself. Some people seem to think that something special will happen if you drop Beakons at spawn. I have no idea what, though. Maybe they are expecting to win a free pizza for doing so. Maybe they are thinking that you can't jump back to spawn without that Beakon to light the way. Maybe, just maybe, they are setting a Beakon there to highlight a landing place for a certain, wandering photographer to land and grace us with a dazzling photo to help us capture the momeries of our journey!

Say Fuzzy Pickles!

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
Just filled my A- bar to the top, then broke before ranking up 3 times in the last rotation. I have so much rage for the 3 disconnects that counted against my bar, and the rando I kept getting who'd quit halfway through. I'm gonna start growing freaking crystalized sodium deposits right now.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
@Slushious The problem there is with the user of the Beakon, not the Beakon itself. Some people seem to think that something special will happen if you drop Beakons at spawn. I have no idea what, though. Maybe they are expecting to win a free pizza for doing so. Maybe they are thinking that you can't jump back to spawn without that Beakon to light the way. Maybe, just maybe, they are setting a Beakon there to highlight a landing place for a certain, wandering photographer to land and grace us with a dazzling photo to help us capture the momeries of our journey!

Say Fuzzy Pickles!
I think the general consensus used to be people forgetting they had Beakons and not Sprinklers, and dropping the sub as they normally would...so where normally they'd lay a Sprinkler at spawn, instead there'd be a Beakon.
/sad trombone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom