• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Oh game, you do have your faults sometimes. And I get unlucky sometimes.
This was the highlight of my Zones solo rank session last night:
There's nothing like being forced to fight with all you can even though the outcome is pretty clear in 90% of the times. I did try my best, but there was just no use reclaiming the zone and holding it long enough ever. Haha. It felt so bad. ;n;

That joke aside... Squid partiers.
Like... I usually didn't really mind them because they used to be super rare on my end. Like, it was a once-in-a-blue-moon encounter, and that made me sometimes appreciate them even, because it felt like a change of pace for turf wars.
However.
Running into at least 4 of them for each of my solo turf session when I'm trying to get my flags back to a decent number, it pains me to say this but: If you see people not jumping in on the idea, cease. You're only ruining the fun of others. The one I recorded recently was a rare case of "everyone was on board with it", but even then I feel they're most approriate in private battles. Knock yourselves out there. Please be considerate towards other players. They might've already had their fair share of parties before yours. Thancc. |3c

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Ok, sorry if I misinterpreted this and you know already, but the number of Bloblobbers being used is probably BECAUSE it’s new, not because it’s OP (although it’s no trash weapon.)
I never said the weapon itself was trash. I was referring to my thoughts on Splatoon's matchmaking stability and either I kept lagging out of games or how other people kept lagging out.

Today's Salt: This has got to be the most miserable Salmon Run rotation I've ever played. People lagging out, people who CONSTANTLY needed saving, and Fly Fish missiles seemingly coming out of nowhere. There was a run with one person who had picked up that was RIGHT next to the basket (mind you we were one egg away from beating the wave) and swam off. I would want to say maybe they didn't realize that they had an egg but part of me also thinks it was an act of trolling after they watched me die and "Booyah'd".
There was another run where we were on the last wave and we were seconds away from winning. All I had to do was save some teammates who were close by and ended dying because I couldn't get away from the Ink Storm. Got really salty after that because I ended up letting my team down.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
I never said the weapon itself was trash. I was referring to my thoughts on Splatoon's matchmaking stability and either I kept lagging out of games or how other people kept lagging out.

Today's Salt: This has got to be the most miserable Salmon Run rotation I've ever played. People lagging out, people who CONSTANTLY needed saving, and Fly Fish missiles seemingly coming out of nowhere. There was a run with one person who had picked up that was RIGHT next to the basket (mind you we were one egg away from beating the wave) and swam off. I would want to say maybe they didn't realize that they had an egg but part of me also thinks it was an act of trolling after they watched me die and "Booyah'd".
There was another run where we were on the last wave and we were seconds away from winning. All I had to do was save some teammates who were close by and ended dying because I couldn't get away from the Ink Storm. Got really salty after that because I ended up letting my team down.
If you couldn't run way for the remaining few seconds (which I prefer doing if possible and not dying trying to revive mates and costing the game), but was there enough time to throw a bomb? Because if you couldn't throw a bomb to revive them, you could've threw a bomb straight up into the air to buy time. The game stalls, as there's a chance it could revive someone, thus not ending until after it exploded.

Reactions: the

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
If you couldn't run way for the remaining few seconds (which I prefer doing if possible and not dying trying to revive mates and costing the game), but was there enough time to throw a bomb? Because if you couldn't throw a bomb to revive them, you could've threw a bomb straight up into the air to buy time. The game stalls, as there's a chance it could revive someone, thus not ending until after it exploded.
I tried that and missed my throw and I didn't have enough ink to make a second attempt. I think there were a few Salmonids that blocked the explosion. It was a little crowded near the basket (which is where all of us were) and there were Salmonids on my tail so retreating wasn't much of an option. Didn't help that I was an E-Liter that wave so escaping was a little tricky. Since it was normal tide, I could've went to the area on my left but I'm not sure if the Salmonids would've dropped down to chase me. I know Scrappers do that but I'm not sure about normal Salmonids.

Daxxie

Senior Squid
NNID
Dax
Switch Friend Code
SW-3813-3439-7790
My salt for today was Splatzones, love when you and your team just can't take the zones long enough to make a difference.

Can't forget dualie squelchers but what else is new.

Last edited:

Daxxie

Senior Squid
NNID
Dax
Switch Friend Code
SW-3813-3439-7790
Well it's been weeks in the making, I'm finally about to make it to A-, only one victory needed, but wait... It's one of those games, a suspiciously skilled player only level 15 single handed wins the game for the opposition. While I'm at it, what's the deal with extremely high leveled people at low ranks, like people who have capped the level in the low B's.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
I love how X rank for me is: You're gonna go up against a bunch of X ranked, skilled players and we're gonna give you people fresh into A rank. And then how my team is always the one that gets a DC player or that one person who literally keeps hacking their way into X rank lobbies and getting DC'd.

Like seriously. X rank was bad for me, but it's so much worse now. I'm getting my X level power and literally I lose about 8 times and get about 2 wins. My power is literally close to 2k, and I have one under it. Opponent team gets a team wipe or they're two down, they won't push the objective. Opposing team has a charger, my team is literally feeding them. Other team gets amazing hydras and e-liters and stuff, I in turn get the ones who have no idea what they're doing.

Nintendo? You didn't fix anything with including a new rank. You made everything much worse than before.

techton

Senior Squid
This matchmaking in Turf and Ranked is getting ridiculous, weapon-wise and level-wise. Matchmaking putting low-level players using low-tier weapons and high-level players using high-tier weapons on opposite sides? Yeah, Nintendo will no longer have an excuse for this when online play becomes P2P.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I need to learn to never play this game after 8pm when most of the caffeine is out of my system. Nothing gets the fists clenched quite like losing six games in a row, once because we started with 3 people, and three times because I was being harassed by Dynamos or E-Litres the entire game and just could not kill them because I'm caffeine deprived and trash at basic human functions. 5/7 games were on arguably the worst matchup between map and weapon ever, and I adamantly demanded to use this weapon to practice.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
To the over-communicator on my last zones match:
I value communication. I value the occasional "look, there's an enemy/ambush here!"

However, if all you do, 90% of the time, is smash the "This way!" button, you and I have a problem. You, because you're not able to focus on the game like this, and I, because it's not only distracting, it's straight-up annoying.

Thank you for your time.

Daxxie

Senior Squid
NNID
Dax
Switch Friend Code
SW-3813-3439-7790
I'm not sure how to feel when a splat a player a few times then see them Baller right past my team directly at me, and then continue to focus me for the rest of the game. On one hand it annoys me to all hell but on the other hand I'm flattered.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I'm not sure how to feel when a splat a player a few times then see them Baller right past my team directly at me, and then continue to focus me for the rest of the game. On one hand it annoys me to all hell but on the other hand I'm flattered.
I feel like in this situation, it’s to your benefit because you can expect them to tunnel you rather than focus on the objective. One Salty Sally kept trying to creep around the corner of Humpback and into our base with his Nautilus, just to show me he’s better than me with a Hydra. He gave up trying to surprise me and ballered right in. As it turns out, 40 damage per bullet at 15 bullets a second tears right through that crap, and I barraged past the explosion to take him out. I think he DC’d after.

Last edited:

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Is it National Ruin all lobbies day or what? There has been far far far too many annoying Squid Partiers/throwers today. Am I missing something or what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom