• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Most players with G&K in their names should be in a seperate rank below C-. The G&K rank.
Seriously made my day. I wish this was just a terrible joke but I seriously tend to pinch my arm real hard whenever I see a G&K player that isn't more-or-less completely useless. Sorrynotsorry.

Are only pros and clans playing team league? Every time I've gone in lately it's all people with identical tags that we utterly struggle against. Surely there's other people playing. I and my friends are good, but we're not THAT good. Good golly miss molly do we need global matchmaking.
Coughs, I do see more clanners than non-clanners in league. Duo'd with my friend last evening. Played TC and SZ for pretty much one rotation and a half and it was a mixed bag, really. Overall we did have a mixed experience but once their power hit the 1.9k mark and didn't have clanners on our side as well it was pretty much over before it even started. Sometimes we lost by a bit, but more often than not, having two non-clanners in our team against two coordinates pairs spells steamroll.
Overall ... your average league experience I think. Whenever there's a mundane highscore reward (the top-something-list), people will end up taking stuff too seriously.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
What is G&K?
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/200279-splatoon-2/75670118

"Guillaume and Kim, I believe. French Youtubers. From what I understand, they're bad at the game, which probably explains why every time you see a player with G&K in their name you can safely assume they won't contribute to their team."

Now I really don't want to be the guy who throws a match whenever I see someone with G&K in their name so I always play to my fullest but it helps with not being disappointed if they turn out to be as bad as expected. It seems even French gamers shun them for being notoriously bad.

D

Deleted Member

^Speaking of G&K I had a match with G&K but my game disconnected me almost immediately at the start of the match. It's as though it knew, cause at the time I didn't.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/200279-splatoon-2/75670118

"Guillaume and Kim, I believe. French Youtubers. From what I understand, they're bad at the game, which probably explains why every time you see a player with G&K in their name you can safely assume they won't contribute to their team."

Now I really don't want to be the guy who throws a match whenever I see someone with G&K in their name so I always play to my fullest but it helps with not being disappointed if they turn out to be as bad as expected. It seems even French gamers shun them for being notoriously bad.
So i looked up Guillaume and Kim's videos, and it turns out while they aren't pro material by any means they certainly are not terrible players. It helps that they just stick with only one weapon for the most part(the vanilla splattershot), or other easy guns (aero MG) so they don't have a whole lot to learn. They look more like B-rank players, while the players they attract are something else indeed.

So then i thought, maybe i was just being too optimistic, here. I need something to compare this stuff to. So i went to Scott's latest youtube video for comparison purposes and i nearly died by laughing my *** off my chair. Seriously, go watch this first match. You'll have the time of your life!

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
You KNOW the rank system is borked beyond belief if a chungus like zackscott can get to S under his own power o_O Even G&K could outplay this schmuck.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
Seriously, go watch this first match. You'll have the time of your life!
It honestly makes me salty seeing horrible players like him climb.

It proves that solo q is piss ez. That doesn't mean I didn't get a laugh about that.

The parts that had me cringing and crying of laughter at the same time:
"This clash blaster covers pretty good"
*Sees enemy before he jumps into the pit "I didn't see him there"
The entire video with those awful stick controls.

The part where he slammed the rainmaker into the pedestal had my eyes almost come out of my face.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I guess I could check out G&K's videos sometimes to see what they're like. All I know of their Splatoon reputation is just the players I come across with "G&K" in their name.

As for him... well, "even fools can occasionally stumble upon a fortune," or something wise-sounding like that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Sorry to be "that guy" but what's the story behind Zackscott? I heard his name come up time and time again on streams ever since I played Splat 1 but I never really bothered watching his channel or anything, so I was wondering if anyone tell me a breath story about this guy.

Anyway, after watching the first match of that video @Elecmaw posted... it really explains why many folks had been having issues in ranked, and why many say getting to S+ doesn't mean much. :confused:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Sorry to be "that guy" but what's the story behind Zackscott? I heard his name come up time and time again on streams ever since I played Splat 1 but I never really bothered watching his channel or anything, so I was wondering if anyone tell me a breath story about this guy.

Anyway, after watching the first match of that video @Elecmaw posted... it really explains why many folks had been having issues in ranked, and why many say getting to S+ doesn't mean much. :confused:
ZackScott is a youtuber with a focus on Splatoon, with an enormous ego and mediocre skills. He only got to S+ in the first games because his friends carried him, and in this game it's so blatantly simple to rank up that even he can do it. He never improves because he blames losses and setbacks on his teammates, fatigue, lag, literally any excuse he can think up that doesn't involve his cruddy skill. He's a laughingstock for many people in the Splatoon community, mocked and derided, and justifiably so.

the

Inkling Commander
Blehhh so, right now the salmon run weapons are sloshing machine, blaster, charger, and roller. Three weapons better suited for bosses and one for crowd control (though maybe sloshing machine could do limited crowd control). Not the worst, i guess

But I just had a match where I was put with only two other folks. But I thought, yknow maybe we can do this! It's definitely not impossible!

The first wave was the glowfly swarm at high tide, and the weapon we didn't get was the splat roller. I'll let you guess what happened next

UPDATE
Same thing just happened, except this time the roller and blaster were present but just didn't play. So it was myself (charger) and a sloshing machine trying to meet an impossibly high quota. Not that we would have survived anyhow

Last edited:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Wow. I don't think it's my coworkers, but maybe it's just the weapons we've been dealt with in this Salmon Run shift. Then again players in a mothership wave not knowing how to collect eggs or using the Sting Ray, or a disconnect that left me and another player trying to fight the next wave with just a roller and charger doesn't help matters either.

I think I'm going to make it a thing, for at least myself and in my Squidverse posts, to spam "Booyah!" during a wave to hopefully mean: "Don't be a hero, just run! Survive!" Because there have definitely been waves we could have one if the last one remaining did just that. Points for altruism though!

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
To be a bit more clear, i don't hate Zack Scott himself. I just thought the video itself was one of the most so-bad-it's-funny things out there. If anything, his team was probably one of the best teams out there if only because they could carry Scott so hard. If any of the opposing team are reading this thread right now, feel free to get yourselves heard.

I was already anticipating horror when he straight-up says he didn't even practice with the weapon before taking it to ranked. Then he literally started inking ground with it while the match just started while the rest zoomed ahead to the RM. Then he leaped straight in front of someone he just saw before, and I'm already giggling like an idiot. Then when the RM was making a dash to their pedestal, he leaped straight off to go the long way around! And don't forget the time where he completely flubbed an ambush and instead just whipped out the stingray for literally no reason.
It's comedy gold!

Last edited:

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
I was already anticipating horror when he straight-up says he didn't even practice with the weapon before taking it to ranked. Then he literally started inking ground with it while the match just started while the rest zoomed ahead to the RM.
As soon as he aimed the other direction with his blaster, I cringed in my seat and yelled "OML is he still using stick controls?!" It's just his awful spacial awareness that makes me scared of solo queue ranked teammates. He just seems to have none of it.

To be fair, ZackScott has had his channel for a long time, and it's just a really big gaming channel. It's been around since 2011, so I really wouldn't say it's built on splatoon. These days though, he spends a lot of time playing splatoon, as his fan base is more oriented to kids. (Which isn't a crime). Still though, as Zack shows his lackluster audience an attempt to play splatoon. He introduces concepts (to kids), like be frustrated with your teammates, use stick controls, don't bother to be good at anything, just use the weapon that's the easiest to play. It's obscene. And to be fair, other people like ChuggaaConroy or WhiteHawke aren't that good to learn off of either.

Now I understand, that you really can't teach kids through lecture about splatoon, I doubt any of them would listen to an flc rant, or a DUDE tips and tricks video. I doubt they really care about truly getting good either. They probably just want to play the game and do somewhat decent, with their full amiibo power armors and their gold aerospray.

ProphetEyes

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ProphetEyes
Welp, I had a teammate in ranked throw a match for me. I'm calling out a player named Enax, he just ran around like he had given up, and purposely went into a corner to hide. That's such awful behavior to screw over the rest of your team like that.

I blocked him, is there any way to report players too?
With splatnet app

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Wow. I don't think it's my coworkers, but maybe it's just the weapons we've been dealt with in this Salmon Run shift. Then again players in a mothership wave not knowing how to collect eggs or using the Sting Ray, or a disconnect that left me and another player trying to fight the next wave with just a roller and charger doesn't help matters either.
Sounds like you need to play SR with friends more. ;)

hint hint

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Randos are the devil and sprung forth from Pandora's box to spread evil across the world, I always do Salmon Run with friends if it can be helped :P

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Randos are the devil and sprung forth from Pandora's box to spread evil across the world, I always do Salmon Run with friends if it can be helped :p
Initially I was excited to play a ton of SR with randoms before the game's launch. But now I almost NEED to have at least two friends I can trust to be skilled to play and have more fun. Lots of random players can't be trusted to use so many of the more odd weapons they put in SR.

Jon914

Pro Squid
Had my first SZ match thrown by someone goofing off. He just squidbagged, inked spawn and spammed this way to spawn the entire match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom