• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Foxtrot

Full Squid
Honestly the current meta in Splatoon is wearing me really thin, very, very, very fast. I've come to find chargers to be my absolute favorite weapon type, between the high ink rate and just how satisfying it feels to kill someone. However the meta doesnt support chargers, or any long range weapon for that matter currently. Nintendo has literally made it to where if you want to win half the time you have to play in your face weapons. Things like the Splattershot, Nzap, the monster that is the Octobrush are what the meta is forcing you to go up against half the time, why? Because they're so busted it hurts.

Im honestly not that good at splatoon, I like to play it to have fun however, its one of the funnest games ive played regularly since the early Overwatch days. I just hate that if I wanna enjoy my time I literally have to give in and play meta. Simple fact of the matter here is as a charger player I cant counter the meta, I can try my best, but I WILL fail inevitably due to better players with busted weapons.

I'm glad Nintendo is going the Buff vs Nerf route in terms of this game, but honestly, the entire Charger class needs a minor buff to keep up with the direction the game is going.

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
The matchmaking in this game is garbage. Seriousely, each time I league in teams with friends, it's 90% of the time completely one sided matches. We either completely destroy the other team or we get obliterated by high/competitive level teams. Teams should not have a 400+ difference in league power rank. That's just not fun for anyone y'know?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
The matchmaking in this game is garbage. Seriousely, each time I league in teams with friends, it's 90% of the time completely one sided matches. We either completely destroy the other team or we get obliterated by high/competitive level teams. Teams should not have a 400+ difference in league power rank. That's just not fun for anyone y'know?
Oh yes, I sure do like losing to the one player I genuinely hate and then being thrown against top-tier players even I can't beat 4 times in a row. I'm so full of joy and contentment and not considering smashing the splatoon 2 cartridge with a hammer.

iced potato

Senior Squid
Random people in Salmon Run really frustrate me sometimes. I just wish more people could adapt better and use the weapon and special they're given to their best strengths. We wouldn't have lost this Glowflies round if whoever had the Inkjet simply used it.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
My Splatfest tee is...less than optimal (imho) but it could be worse. Rolled up Run Speed, Quick Respawn, and Ink Resistance. Eh. That combined with the headgear and shoes I have on did come in handy in the end though, because the theme for this week's squid wars 2 session was definitely

Starfish. Other-team snipers, it seems, love to perch to either side of mid and snipe towards spawn for some reason. Most always in my experience on the right-hand side. At least this guy did. I was having a fine old time menacing him from below, then taking just long enough to swim up the column that he'd forget where I was, and nailing him from behind. His teammates took pity on him all of once and stopped me. After that he was on his own.
Bane of Snipers is BACK, baby. Y E A H.

Campy Brella, Manta Maria/Moray. She knew how to use Beakons, I'll give her that. She just didn't count on me not staying dead long enough to forget where she was hiding, and then deciding to just stay on our side of the turf just to deal with her every time she popped back up.

No drop in the number of Aeros, as far as I can see. I just have to run further from the Ballers now =p

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
Look, Dessgeega's salty again! Whutta shocker!

Now, I fully understand why the situation is the way it is. Fixing this would require extra coding and design work that they didn't want to bother with. That said... Getting EXP tickets when I'm max level is so freakin' annoying! Put in the effort, Nintendo! Remove exp tickets from the bonuses at 50, or let us trade them for cash like gear, or do anything at all with them! It's frustrating that one category of salmon run reward becomes a booby prize once you've played enough.

This miiiiiiiiiight have been brought on by today's salmon run's session, where upon completion I only received a mountain of gold and two exp tickets.
Wait so you're saying that once we reach Level 50 we have a less of a chance of receiving the exp. tickets from Salmon Run or was it just that one time and you're not completely sure?

That would be great if true and would give me another reason to hop back into Salmon Run.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Wait so you're saying that once we reach Level 50 we have a less of a chance of receiving the exp. tickets from Salmon Run or was it just that one time and you're not completely sure?

That would be great if true and would give me another reason to hop back into Salmon Run.
You misunderstood. You continue to have the same odds of getting EXP tickets at level 50, even though they're worthless.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
Splatoon 2 loves playing games with your self-confidence. It makes you feel good about yourself, then steps all over that. I had 40 minutes before work, Rainmaker was on, I had one crack, and my meter was over half full. I figured I would rank up real quick. Oh was I in for a time! My first 3 matches were easy wins. Me and my teammates meshed really well together. We quickly took out the enemy team, I took the Rainmaker, and they beautifully protected me while I shot a guy or two until I dunked it. My Dualies were shining, and I was in good spirits. Everything went south after that.

The 4th match started with me getting a triple splat, and us taking the Rainmaker. Unfortunately, we didn't take it very far. It felt like no matter how many people we splatted, they immediately came back. It felt like we were fighting 8 people. I attached the image because some of the players make a big part in my later matches. The .96 gal seems to have made a big impact, but it was N-Zap who was a massive thorn in my side. He was always there to sneak up on me and splat me. Even when I check every corner when seeing he's still alive. Next match N-Zap guy was on my team....and he disconnected. My meter still cracked further.

Every match after that just infuriated me further. I kept losing head-to-head battles with a stinking Dapple Dualie user, which should not happen. Rapid Blaster guy from 4th match got 19 splats in a match against me. Admittedly I think the .96 gal guy shut him down in the match with me. After losing to the point to where I was seeing stars, and there was 3 cracks in my meter, I decided to go one more battle to just get it over with and break my meter.

What happens? I win, rank up, and I was against N-Zap jerkface. What is your game, Splatoon?!

iced potato

Senior Squid
I have so many Turf War matches where my team is strongly in control throughout the match, but near the end, I get splatted in a moment that seems to ultimately decide the fate of the match and my team loses. It's just a frustrating thing that seems to happen too often and makes me feel like I screwed up big.

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
I have so many Turf War matches where my team is strongly in control throughout the match, but near the end, I get splatted in a moment that seems to ultimately decide the fate of the match and my team loses. It's just a frustrating thing that seems to happen too often and makes me feel like I screwed up big.
That's the nature of TW. Nothing matters except the state of the map at the end, so there is no benefit to holding the map before then. If you wipe the enemy team 5 times, then they wipe you once on their last push, it's a loss.

shudder

Senior Squid
Honestly the current meta in Splatoon is wearing me really thin, very, very, very fast. I've come to find chargers to be my absolute favorite weapon type, between the high ink rate and just how satisfying it feels to kill someone. However the meta doesnt support chargers, or any long range weapon for that matter currently. Nintendo has literally made it to where if you want to win half the time you have to play in your face weapons. Things like the Splattershot, Nzap, the monster that is the Octobrush are what the meta is forcing you to go up against half the time, why? Because they're so busted it hurts.

Im honestly not that good at splatoon, I like to play it to have fun however, its one of the funnest games ive played regularly since the early Overwatch days. I just hate that if I wanna enjoy my time I literally have to give in and play meta. Simple fact of the matter here is as a charger player I cant counter the meta, I can try my best, but I WILL fail inevitably due to better players with busted weapons.

I'm glad Nintendo is going the Buff vs Nerf route in terms of this game, but honestly, the entire Charger class needs a minor buff to keep up with the direction the game is going.
Wish there was more variety with weapon types that make a level impact in the game like 1. Players can succeed with other weapons but for the most part it's short range shooters that seem to be most consistent. Makes for some boring matches at times tbh. Hopefully with more patches the game becomes more level.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
I love ranked. Getting all the useless teammates and DCs over and over again ensures I get to terrorize scrubs forever. Isn't that amazing?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
For the love of insert-deity-here, do NOT bring two of the same weapon to ranked! Ever! There is no justifying it! Unless you're doing Splattershot you're just unbalancing teams and hurting your chances at success! And especially do not bring two chargers to League, I've been seeing that since Splat 1 and unless you're the kings of murder you WILL lose! Agh!

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
unless you're the kings of murder
hmmmmmmmmm

Yeah you shouldn't bring double weapon comps into anything, unless it's the specific ruleset. Even two of the same weapon class (unless it's shooters), is pretty dumb.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
hmmmmmmmmm

Yeah you shouldn't bring double weapon comps into anything, unless it's the specific ruleset. Even two of the same weapon class (unless it's shooters), is pretty dumb.
Yeah, that's kinda what I said :P I've seen hyper-skilled players make it work, but to be frank they'd have made a more sensible comp work even better.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Marina is absolutely garbage at designing Shifty Stations. I HATE this map with my entire being. It is without a doubt, the most unfun map I've ever had the displeasure of playing in a multiplayer game. "B-but this map from this one shooter is worse!!" no it isn't. This Shifty Station is the worst map design ever, I wanna vomit. I've gotten mirror matches, and Im on a horrible losing streak from constantly losing by 1% EACH. TIME. I had no idea it was this possible to be unhappy with the game, but believe me, I've reached a new low. Shifty Station was a mistake, Shifty Station is garbage, Shifty Station is bad map design, Shifty Station ruined Splatfest.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Marina is absolutely garbage at designing Shifty Stations. I HATE this map with my entire being. It is without a doubt, the most unfun map I've ever had the displeasure of playing in a multiplayer game. "B-but this map from this one shooter is worse!!" no it isn't. This Shifty Station is the worst map design ever, I wanna vomit. I've gotten mirror matches, and Im on a horrible losing streak from constantly losing by 1% EACH. TIME. I had no idea it was this possible to be unhappy with the game, but believe me, I've reached a new low. Shifty Station was a mistake, Shifty Station is garbage, Shifty Station is bad map design, Shifty Station ruined Splatfest.
Well, thank you for saving me from some typing later tonight.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I did like the Shifty Stations designed for Flight vs Invincibility, but agreed, Shifty Stations for this Splatfest is utter TRASH and unenjoyable.
I think i liked the Flight vs Invisibility Shifty Station because it was just...bland? it wasn't very exciting, but on the bright side there wasn't much it could mess up. Simple stuff. THIS one though. Oh man. I'd just be repeating myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom