*rotates pair of splat bombs like boading balls while writing in ledger*

Remember indeed...

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Fun Fact:

Your average clam blitz player CANNOT AIM OR COMPREHEND BASIC MATH
DO YOU NOT SEE THE PENALTY SCORE? STOP SLAMMING YOUR D-

please, please get better
One time our teammate was standing underneath the enemy basket WITH A POWER CLAM spamming "This Way!" while the enemy team was WIPED. Literally he let them respawn and finally threw it in right before they killed him. I was on my way over with my own power clam but couldn't make it to the basket for the lead because he let them come back without killing anyone. Oh yeah this was in the A rank so it wasn't even like C or B. We lost.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
One time our teammate was standing underneath the enemy basket WITH A POWER CLAM spamming "This Way!" while the enemy team was WIPED. Literally he let them respawn and finally threw it in right before they killed him. I was on my way over with my own power clam but couldn't make it to the basket for the lead because he let them come back without killing anyone. Oh yeah this was in the A rank so it wasn't even like C or B. We lost.
You too!? In my case I immediately grabbed the power clam when he died, tossed it, then frantically got in 2 more for a literal last-second lead. People, doesn't matter if your team isn't around, if we're in overtime THROW THE DANG CLAM!

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Today, aside from my 3 matches in a row with a disconnect on my team, There was a splatterscope on clam blitz today who just stood on big hump or whatever the callout is with a power clam... For literally 3 minutes. First of all... Who are you going to reach all the way back there. You're too far away to do anything in mid, and too far away from the basket to defend it. He wouldn't move up with us pushing with a power clam, and didn't pass it. Zero communication. No adjusting playstyle to fit demand. Just standing basically at spawn with a power clam the entire match.

Tails97

Inkling
NNID
mephiles97
After having gotten a Switch and Splatoon 2 for Christmas (Wooo, finally! Been waiting all year for a Switch), I'm already managing to gain a bit of salt. Most of it is my fault, but then here's the venting thread.

As per usual (as it was for me in the first game), squidbaggers physically hurt me, I swear. I have the lowest amount of patience of anyone I know and the lowest amount of tolerance and this absolutely grinds my gears (note I proudly carry my title of "absolute loser". I am the QUEEN of losing. And bad luck but that's different). However, I feel a little better whenever I see one of said squidbaggers getting blasted to the spawn and back by one of my teammates while doing so. Hee hee.

On another note, the new undercover brella drives me insane, mostly because I am absolutely terrible at dealing with it. Lol To me the normal splat brella (have only seen the tenta brella once so far) seemed to be just a bit... too slow to attack and shield against certain weapons (N-ZAPS, the bane of my Splatoon 1 and 2 existence. It's like whenever I see one it's just "YOU" all over again), so I think it's good that it can shoot pretty fast, but the thing drives me crazy that it can shoot and shield at the same time. Ha ha ha, I even have a hard time coming at it from behind without getting my ears smacked (then again, that's just my terrible flanking skills). Still, that's not so much REAL salt as it is me just getting frustrated with my own ineptitude, but I'm working on it.

Last edited:

Tails97

Inkling
NNID
mephiles97
More salt stemming from today's Salmon Run.

Dear random Salmon Run teammate of mine... Will you please stop standing over the four eggs that you've got along with the one you're holding and quit spamming the "this way!" command? I get it, you want people to come pick them up. But you're causing us to lose by one egg when you do this, and that happens to be the one egg that you're holding. You have twenty seconds to run your one egg over there. But no, stand there and cause us to lose by hoarding your one egg for the giant time window you had (considering you weren't that far from the basket. Probably could've reached it in seven). Chances are we can't get over there because we're dealing with other bosses or are pinned down. You could have ran the one you were holding and possibly even one or two more in the time you sat there spamming that command. Also, please stop reincarnating to do the same thing on four completely different teams I had.

Another dear random teammate of mine... I know it can be quite difficult to handle being in the presence of the Queen of Failure, but that doesn't mean you have to fail even worse than I am known for using the Bamboozler. I get it, that piece of bamboo is scary especially in SR, but it's meant to be able to shoot things. Running around in circles around the basket while never charging and barely shooting at even the ones far away from you to then spam the "help" button when you get destroyed is distracting us from the bosses. I get the Bamboozler isn't great for this SR, but you could at least... you know, try. At least try rather than running in circles deliberately not playing and throwing because you don't like the weapon you were given.

Also, while today's weapons make this difficult to pull off (at least in my experience), shoot at the dang mothership. I'm looking at you, random Squeezer teammate who refused to do so.

SAHSWAMPY

Semi-Pro Squid
Dear random Salmon Run teammate of mine... Will you please stop standing over the four eggs that you've got along with the one you're holding and quit spamming the "this way!" command?
^ I know exactly how you feel, today I had to deal with the exact same thing and there was times where it literally results in a wipe. There was one point where a teammate was guarding one egg spamming "This Way!" while they shoot salmonids when we have 5 eggs not only out of danger but right next to the basket >_<, like just abandon that one and take the safer option :'3...

Tails97

Inkling
NNID
mephiles97
^ I know exactly how you feel, today I had to deal with the exact same thing and there was times where it literally results in a wipe. There was one point where a teammate was guarding one egg spamming "This Way!" while they shoot salmonids when we have 5 eggs not only out of danger but right next to the basket >_<, like just abandon that one and take the safer option :'3...
Oh yes, this has happened a grand total of about four times today and while that might not be a huge number that's just... absolutely too much for something that absolutely cripples the wave after how well it was going. It's like, we're doing completely fine but can't get the extra Steelhead killed in enough time to drop more eggs, so would you please bring that one egg you're hoarding over there? No? We lost because of one egg? Well alright then.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Why don't people understand the sheer importance of killing the flyfish immediately? There are some bosses that cause more havoc than others, and flyfish are certainly at the top of that list. Because if you don't then we have 4 of them shooting at us every second for the last half of the match and no one wants to kill them except me. ALSO, the ink storm boss. Oh my gosh it's not hard to understand. You don't need to stand next to it and wait for it to open so you can shoot it then repeat until it's done. All you have to do it shoot the missile back at it. Literally if you even see a missile among all the chaos when there are bosses everywhere, SHOOT IT. Ink storms are the worst. And then there's Maws. In my opinion they are by far the easiest boss, but for whatever reason people can't throw a bomb on the ground when they see a green circle. Long story short: Be smart and pay attention.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Why don't people understand the sheer importance of killing the flyfish immediately? There are some bosses that cause more havoc than others, and flyfish are certainly at the top of that list. Because if you don't then we have 4 of them shooting at us every second for the last half of the match and no one wants to kill them except me. ALSO, the ink storm boss. Oh my gosh it's not hard to understand. You don't need to stand next to it and wait for it to open so you can shoot it then repeat until it's done. All you have to do it shoot the missile back at it. Literally if you even see a missile among all the chaos when there are bosses everywhere, SHOOT IT. Ink storms are the worst. And then there's Maws. In my opinion they are by far the easiest boss, but for whatever reason people can't throw a bomb on the ground when they see a green circle. Long story short: Be smart and pay attention.
A couple counter-points. People don't kill flyfish immediately because they are not an immediate threat. Frankly, they act as force multipliers, complicating situations that are already hairy. A flyfish, by itself, fires infrequently and does not impede players, who might be more distracted by the Steel Eel or Scrapper or Cohock, etc. that's bearing down on them. Flyfish need to be taken down, yes, but I consider the things a few steps away trying to flatten my head the bigger priority.

As for shooting the missile back at the Drizzler... The time it takes to shoot that is about as long as the Drizzler stays open. You can do one or the other. And if you fail to hit the missile at the specific angle that will kill the boss, or an ally gets in the way somehow, you've wasted your time. I shoot the missile when I can, but given the choice it's much simpler to just concentrate fire for a moment instead of figuring out optimal missile deflection firing angles on the fly.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
A couple counter-points. People don't kill flyfish immediately because they are not an immediate threat. Frankly, they act as force multipliers, complicating situations that are already hairy. A flyfish, by itself, fires infrequently and does not impede players, who might be more distracted by the Steel Eel or Scrapper or Cohock, etc. that's bearing down on them. Flyfish need to be taken down, yes, but I consider the things a few steps away trying to flatten my head the bigger priority.

As for shooting the missile back at the Drizzler... The time it takes to shoot that is about as long as the Drizzler stays open. You can do one or the other. And if you fail to hit the missile at the specific angle that will kill the boss, or an ally gets in the way somehow, you've wasted your time. I shoot the missile when I can, but given the choice it's much simpler to just concentrate fire for a moment instead of figuring out optimal missile deflection firing angles on the fly.
I guess in my opinion steel eels and scrappers are way less of a threat than a flyfish, seeing as the flyfish targets everybody and complicate things so much by killing and painting turf. Yeah steel eels are huge but they're pretty easy to get rid of, but when there's 2 or 3 or 4 flyfishes then the wave just becomes impossible. Flyfishes don't always appear where everything else is which means they're harder to track how many, and if you just ignore it then they pile up and you're always being shot at. People just decide to ignore them but get overwhelmed and fail to kill the other bosses as much. Or at least in my games... Not every time but when we lose it's because people fail to prioritze or just don't have the skill/movement abilities to succeed.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I guess in my opinion steel eels and scrappers are way less of a threat than a flyfish, seeing as the flyfish targets everybody and complicate things so much by killing and painting turf. Yeah steel eels are huge but they're pretty easy to get rid of, but when there's 2 or 3 or 4 flyfishes then the wave just becomes impossible. Flyfishes don't always appear where everything else is which means they're harder to track how many, and if you just ignore it then they pile up and you're always being shot at. People just decide to ignore them but get overwhelmed and fail to kill the other bosses as much. Or at least in my games... Not every time but when we lose it's because people fail to prioritze or just don't have the skill/movement abilities to succeed.
Guess we'll have to agree to disagree, because 2 or 3 flyfish is annoying harassment, but 2 or 3 overlapping steel eels can instantly end a game if the team manages to get boxed in (Lost Outpost says hi).

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Flyfish can only target 1-2 teammates in one volley, depending on how many missile launchers it has left.
Flyfish is certainly annoying but also costly to destroy. You don't always have an opportunity to attack him and even if you do you need 2 bombs minimum to take him down, leaving two teammates with little ink left.
The biggest problem with Steel Eels is that people tend to run past when they are targeted and then fail to take out the driver in time, causing it to wrap-around and shield itself. They then try to get it again from the other side, ultimately tying it down in place and making it a dangerous obstacle for the rest of the team.

My least favorite boss monster will always be Stingers. They are stationary, meaning you have to go far from your basket to take them out, and then the eggs they drop are near-useless because they're way too far to warrant a second return trip. Their laser cannot be easily dodged or guided to a safe location, and even if it doesn't splat you, you still have to sit still and recover from it's damage. Once two or more appear, it really turns in a case of taking out the Stingers before they take your entire team out one-by-one.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
I played with Depression. Depression disconnected. Stage rotation saved me from another round of Depression.

...and if that's not a metaphor for something, I'll eat my hat.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Dear teammates, please stop opening Gushers when there're eggs in the field. Ugh.
I do that sometimes, I'm sorry! By accident though, especially when I'm wielding a Blaster and trying to take out hordes of Cohocks and Chum that are marching around the Gold Eggs. x*)

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Had an unfortunate set of matches today in quad league with my friends. We mostly managed to stay in fairly good spirits all things considered, but we first started out dominating, winning 6/7 placement matches easily, getting a nice score (2256 being our highest) to boot. But then we started to get paired against one certain team, we wound up fighting them 5 times, losing all 5 times. They were very good no doubt, good enough where losing to them constantly wasn't too bad, but the fact that there were 100 teams playing in that rotation, and the game saw it fit to pair us up against them 5 times got annoying.

We still wound up getting 8th place (this team wound up being ranked 2nd) overall for the rotation, and we played well, but having a string of losses like that is a bit demoralizing. You would think the matchmaker would ease up on pairing one team against another so much, but I know league matchmaking enough to know it happens. I've found myself on the other side a lot, constantly being paired against the same team and beating them. It just happens unfortunately.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
Flyfish are generally middle priority for me. While they aren't a huge threat by themselves, they can easily stack up. When they stack up, you're almost constantly running away from missiles, and you can't kill other bosses when constantly running. While you're running not killing bosses, more bosses pile up. If there isn't a Steelhead/Steel Eel near the basket, or a Stinger anywhere, I will try to kill any Flyfish. I attached an image to show a glimpse of true hell. There's two more Flyfish that are on the right side of the map.

If I were to mention one thing in Salmon Run that irritates me, it's people who knock the Drizzler's ball thing away when I'm clearly lining myself up with it. Let me do my thing, and not only will we not have rain, but the Drizzler will die. I think I mentioned that before, but the complaint still holds true!

DNh0nUsVoAEs5ZS.jpg large.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom