• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Getting my shots blocked by a teammate makes me lose more matches than I can count. I guess they think that just because they are using the .52 Gal that they are the hero of the day and they have to get all the splats in the known universe! This includes getting themselves splatted after the opponent that I am just about to take down suddenly gets a new lease on life and proceeds to splat Mr. Heroguy the martyr. Sure proves that you were better suited to take down that enemy that was already going down, doesn't it?

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Hugs!!! *accepts hug*

I think a better mechanic would be if someone clips your shots they get flung into the enemy you were trying to splat so it splats both of them. A la ink armor's slip n' slide mechanic that flings you off the stage if it breaks while you're in certain areas.
Oooh~♥!

I'm enthralled by the sounds of it, even if I'd wind up abusing it for "good" reasons, like turning to them after we finish respawning then Team Rocketing them off the stage! >=)

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Someone please teach me how to use Splashdown... I have used the Dark Tetra Dualies almost exclusively since they were launched and I still can't seem to quite grasp this Special! It really hinders my progress with the Tetras I believe--as peeps who are skilled at using Splashdown splats me right, left and center with somewhat ease. :(

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
Most important thing: Don't expect to get kills.

It's doesn't sound super important, but it is. Your mindset when playing this special will change if you're going for kills. personally, when I use this special, there's two things I'll do with it.

1) Jump to a teammate. In SZ or TC, enemies will surround the objective rather quickly, so jumping to them, while it may not even get you a single kill, can clear out the area.

2) Use it to clear out an area yourself. Like I said before, this special is very useful for clearing an area out. One strategy I keep coming back to is hide if you see an emeny and they DON'T see you, and then jump right up behind them and use the Splashdown.

Overall, I'd just use this special to clear out area where enemies are, and super jumping and then using splashdown is just plain badass.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
This is something that's been rubbing me the wrong way and it's now sort of reached it's climax of suck with the changes to CRB's set.

The kits in this game are trash. Like very few weapons actually work with the subs and specials they're given, and the ones that do end up being in top tier. There's no midrange weapon with Beakons, which are the type of weapons that can afford to lose a bomb to make beakons worthwhile. There's exactly one weapon that can utilize mines well, which is the Rapid. The only reason Forge is so high up on the tier list is because it's the best weapon that can grind up Bubble Blower, because there is literally no painting weapon with BB so the SSPro will have to do.

I think they tried to make weapons not too powerful by giving the weapons imperfect kits, but all it means it that you now have a weapon that has a clumsy sub/special that doesn't work well with the main weapon itself.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
@Elecmaw I like to think that some weapon's kits simple have ot bbeen given proper attention for the majority to see their usefulness. . .
but I'd be a big fat liar if I denied that a part of me didn't feel the same way you do.

Anyways, real reason I came to salt off here.

My fellow S+ squids
teammates
my dudes (and dudettes, for those girls that might be offended by me calling them dudes?)

When we are pushing the rain-maker in overtime
and I'm holding the rain-maker?
I know which way the goal is. Hard to believe, I know, but hear me out.

When you signal "This way!"
I expect the path to be clear and free of any corner dwelling squits waiting to splat me.

Please do not signal "this way!" if the path is not clear
Thank you for listening

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
After a series of getting DCs on my team for one reason or another, or suboptimal team comps, I think brown substance didn't hit the fan for me until this match. This is not the first time there's two E-Liters in a lobby, and both on the same team. Anyone but the nonexistent matchmaker is excused. Not blaming anyone for their performance there, it was a questionable match-up to begin with... Now excuse me while I shelf the game for a while again, there's nothing like burning out in less than a week because half of my matches are beyond frustrating for reasons way outside of my control, even when playing only on rotations that I like.

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
BAMBOOZLERRRRRR

I actually just got someone with a bamboozler and their username was fight me.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
This is something that's been rubbing me the wrong way and it's now sort of reached it's climax of suck with the changes to CRB's set.

The kits in this game are trash. Like very few weapons actually work with the subs and specials they're given, and the ones that do end up being in top tier. There's no midrange weapon with Beakons, which are the type of weapons that can afford to lose a bomb to make beakons worthwhile. There's exactly one weapon that can utilize mines well, which is the Rapid. The only reason Forge is so high up on the tier list is because it's the best weapon that can grind up Bubble Blower, because there is literally no painting weapon with BB so the SSPro will have to do.

I think they tried to make weapons not too powerful by giving the weapons imperfect kits, but all it means it that you now have a weapon that has a clumsy sub/special that doesn't work well with the main weapon itself.
No good painting weapons to grind up the Bubble Blower? What about the Heavy Splatling Deco, a.k.a. the Fabulous? It paints rather well and does the bubble thing. I could also make the argument that the Tenta Brella has Bubbles and paints decently. It just doesn't do much else.

I do see where you are coming from with the weapons have terrible loadouts thing, but I also see this as being more a matter of perspective. Using the Beakons as an example, there may not be any midrange weapons that use them. But the weapons that do make use of them can stand on their own. The Krak-On Splat Roller has the OHKO potential and is mobile enough to make the idea of Beakons work, not to mention that Beakons were a thing on the Krak-On in the first game as well. The Dapple Dualies are sure as heck not midrange, but they make up for it with a fast firing rate, powerful shots, and those wicked quick dodge rolls. The Neo Sploosh has a kit that it not exactly conducive to close quarters combat, but it holds its own nicely with a fast firing rate, strong shots, and superb mobility and painting. What I am getting at is that not every Beakon weapon needs to have a focus on range. Sometimes other strengths have to be considered to make a weapon shine brighter! Now why they thought that the Ink Mines would make the Glooga Dualies stand out is beyond me.

the

Inkling Commander

I was just thinkin about this the other day! I was trying to pinpoint why exactly splat 2 doesn’t seem as fun to me as splat 1, and I feel like it’s a mix of this and some degree of nostalgia, as well as not being fond of certain special weapons (baller and inkjet). It doesn’t help that usually my favorite main weapons have sets I don’t like (octobrush is my fave main weapon and I hate autobombs and inkjet, RIP. I rejoiced when the nouveau happened)
ANYWAY yeah I hope they end up rectifying this if they do release sheldons picks or something similar, I’d love more subs/specials that actually have decent synergy with the main weapon.

the

Inkling Commander
Not sure if this is salt, exactly, but I tried out the range blaster and splat brella today for the first time. The range blaster is tough! I’m proud that I got a few directs (even tho one was ink armored -__-) but it’s really tough keeping people at your optimal range. And also I’ll need to stack some ISM next time I use it... i kept dying because I didn’t have enough ink for perfect opportune shots :’ )
I’m sure it’s a better weapon for ranked (I usually go to turf to try new weapons) so maybe I should bring it in there sometime.

Also, the splat brella is pretty good in turf because of that sprinkler/inkstorm. I need to work on getting in range before I start shooting though. It felt like I was always just a bit short so I just stood there shooting in front of enemies like a sitting duck. Also, I should... try using the shield. I completely forgot it was there for the first two games, and I wasn’t quite sure how to use it in the next ones....

techton

Senior Squid
I can't stress enough how much I hate Shellendorf. Totally annoying stage. Probably has more choke points on it than any other map combined. Unbalanced in every way and overall universally hated by tons of people, kinda like Moray Towers. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't in rotation so often

If I could change anything about this game, it would be to remove Shellendorf from the game, burying it with it's gravestone saying, "In hating memory of ****tingdorf Institute.

Phew. Venting complete.

the

Inkling Commander
Man, I have the opposite problem! I actually love shelendorf but I’ve only ever caught it in rotation twice!
It’s always humpback, the reef, starfish and inkblot whenever I’ve got time to play

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I'm not a fan of Shellendorf either, the uninkable upper level is just awful. Can't be reached from the floor with most weapons, so Chargers and Splatlings can just sit up there raining down from above while the uninkable floor makes them uber difficult to approach. It's good to have maps that favor long range, but not like this.

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
"Well jeez I've been practicing for a bit maybe I should go a head and play ranked for a bit"

And then I got wrecked in multiple matches
MAXIMUM TILT
MY BLOOD PRESSURE IS SPIKING
For the first time since I picked the game up, I felt like I was playing super fresh. 10-15 splats per round. Had my first game where I broke 20 splats! I finally feel confident bringing my Tri-Slosher to bear against blasters and splattershots! All losses. My push for A in Tower Control is ruined, and I'm back at carp tier like common chum.

Someone tell these squid that they can't push the tower by double camping the back line with chargers. *internal screaming intensifies*

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Oh no!! I squidbagged. ;o I try my darndest to never squidbag, but today I happened to play in a 2v.4 in turf wars and the other team was playing as seriously as if it were some kind of tournament match, and by the end spawncamping us. I managed to get three of them with my Zink Mini Splatling and squidbagged/squidpartied the last few seconds of the game. I couldn't help it. Sorry, world. ;(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom