The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Cephalobro

Can you actually not go to the low tide basket when it's not low tide?! Can you just stop going there already!? This is why I wish they lowered the basket just a little bit lower so the water can just reach whoever goes there. I don't know why they didn't fix that. Anyone who goes to that low tide basket when it's not low tides don't deserve to play Salmon Run!!!!!!

Last edited:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Limited time to play the past two weekends. Made room for Splatfest. Missed out on a timed event in at least one other game. ... let's go for a third!

These Splatfest are combining at least two of my favourite things, but I'm really not liking this back-to-back tournament format nonsense.

You know you love me ~3o
*tsundere noises*

Cephalobro

Will Team Donnie stop using short-ranged shooters already?! Gees, I had to change from the N-Zap 85 to the Clash Blaster just to force a winning streak! If I have to change from my main, you know you really screwed up the matchmaking system.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Am I the only one who wishes that there was an ability that would not allow teammates to SJ to you? I mean, yeah, granted that'd be a double edged sword massively. Specially when it comes to trying to push objectives and all that, but I mean really. I'm so sick of setting myself up for a flank or something when we're being spawn camped or something, and then oh look...someone jumps to me and blows my cover and I can n no longer do it.

More importantly: why are you super jumping to me when I'm literally just a few feet away?

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
So after a week of just logging on to hunt down the leftovers of v3.0 gear, i've decided to come back to splatoon to join you all in this marvelous splatfest
this was a real good idea

Cephalobro

I know how it feels when the constant Tenta Missiles keep being used, that's what annoys me along with panic Splashdowns, Clash Blasters and the thing that always keep happening during Splatfests for me: teammates who think they are going to win with short-ranged shooters.

CjSquidGirl

Inkster Jr.
Here’s some salt
UUUUUHHHG yesterday was AWFUL
The splatfest Raph v Donnie, I meant. I kept on losing and my IDIOTIC NOOB TEAM didn’t hello AT ALL.
I only one 4 matches, and I’m not exaggerating. I got to queen, but it took me 8. INKING. HOURS. I am NOT joking. It might of even went over a little bit. I was on team Donnie, and I kept on thinking, ‘I hope everyone else on my team is doing better’. But then, my brother, only took 3 hour to get up to King, and he didn’t lose nearly as much. He was on #TeamDonnie , too, so I guess everyone else had a better splatfest then me

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
I'm tired of dualie users spamming dodge rolls and still getting obliterated or falling off the stage.... Why would you eat up all your dodge rolls when you get locked into place?

Sometimes it's like you're trying to kill an annoying fly.

Cephalobro

For whatever reason, my Salmon Run teammates don't know that Splat Bombs can also revive. Not only that, but they don't seem to get the idea of throwing a Splat Bomb through one of the windows of Lost Outpost either.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Why do some people take being missile'd so personally? Specifically (because I can only assume this is what happened), why would you take it so personally that you come back at me for the rest of that match, and then in the one after that proceed to not bother watching your back when I finally take the bait? I should not be able to pull this maneuver off so flawlessly, friendo. Gudness. Git U Some.
This guy got incredibly lucky (Nintendo, where's my D'OH command please) unless you consider karmic revenge, because either he ragequit or got disconnected immediately after this team wipe.

In other news:
- teleporting Brushes, as usual.
- Inkjet on command, is that even possible?
- Dualie attempting to mosquito his way around me on Triggerfish and failing even with the help of gratuitous rolls and lag.
- The fishiest Carbon I ever did see somehow managing to spawn camp us on Shellendorf by hanging out in one specific corner and ...using trick shots??? How do?
- A truly competent Squiffer. I HATE HIM. <3

Cephalobro

Okay, what the heck?! Why Salmonid Smokeyard again? I feel like they intentionally want to make me lose my Profreshional rank from Salmon Run. At least the Dynamo Roller is there to crush Cohocks.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Been playing strictly rank for a few weeks, but I went back to TW to either practice with weapons or to level up/fix up my gear. And I remember why I stopped playing Turf. So many AFKers (usually always on my side), disconnects, and let's not forget when you're having an awesome and balanced match and you get that one or two new players in the lobby that happen to be squid partiers and ruin the whole match. By either just throwing the match, or by making others stop actually playing and party with them.

Isn't that what private lobbies are for? I hate when I use a ticket and it goes to waste because of it. I had ran into people last night who were not only skilled, but had fun while playing, and I could get behind that. Restored my faith in TW a bit. Doesn't make me less salty, though.

Cephalobro

Been playing strictly rank for a few weeks, but I went back to TW to either practice with weapons or to level up/fix up my gear. And I remember why I stopped playing Turf. So many AFKers (usually always on my side), disconnects, and let's not forget when you're having an awesome and balanced match and you get that one or two new players in the lobby that happen to be squid partiers and ruin the whole match. By either just throwing the match, or by making others stop actually playing and party with them.

Isn't that what private lobbies are for? I hate when I use a ticket and it goes to waste because of it. I had ran into people last night who were not only skilled, but had fun while playing, and I could get behind that. Restored my faith in TW a bit. Doesn't make me less salty, though.
Yes! So much this! Squid parties are something the should only be done when nothing is being affected, like a celebration after the last wave in Salmon Run and in Private Matches. I also hate it when I'm trying to raise a weapon's freshness and then someone just goes afk or just squid parties. I remember the utter frustration I had when I was trying to raise the freshness of the hero weapons replicas because some squid partier wouldn't leave the lobby.

Reactions: the

the

Inkling Commander
Yes! So much this! Squid parties are something the should only be done when nothing is being affected, like a celebration after the last wave in Salmon Run and in Private Matches. I also hate it when I'm trying to raise a weapon's freshness and then someone just goes afk or just squid parties. I remember the utter frustration I had when I was trying to raise the freshness of the hero weapons replicas because some squid partier wouldn't leave the lobby.
Yeah squid parties shouldn’t be started in actual matches, only when nothing is on the line like u said. I think the only time I started a squid party was a few days ago when my ENTIRE TEAM disconnected at once and the whole other team was still there. We just screwed around at my spawn point for 2 minutes because I knew I had no chance of winning lol

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Once upon a time, in my naïveté I had a decent idea: "I'll use Respawn Punisher and it's negative effects to help me improve!" =D

Such a sweet soft summer squid I was.

Now it's an ingrained habit that has left me with an eye patch, a cybernetic prosthetic limb, a throat filled with a rock quarry and tobacco crop for glass shaking bass, "no gud" tattoo over my heart, and the Metal Gear "why are we here" meme on repeat whenever a match often goes downhill.

Eventually, I managed to cull my respawn punisher collection... ...does anyone have any fresh tops with respawn punisher?

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Alot of people have the idea that since it's not Ranked and you "don't lose anything for losing" then it's Squid Party central.
And besides if they go in a Private match they can't ruin other people's enjoyment of the game; and where's the fun in *not* doing that?
In Turf War, you do lose something when you lose: Weapon freshness. For someone who's trying to raise their weapon freshness, squid parties are nothing but pests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom