• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral

Why is this allowed to happen (Also, kinda wish Babycowland's voice and mine were magically recorded in the clip, because the reaction to that was really funny)

Cephalobro

What's with people just standing at spawn for most of the game? If you don't want to play, then don't join a lobby! See? Very simple thing! But off course most are too stupid to even do that.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Salt of the day: After finally paying for online, I am wonderfully greeted with my FIRST match pitching me against goddamn Grey. As if that wasn't enough, I also had the pleasure of a disconnecting Kensa Roller.

Oh, did I mention that this was all in Clamblitz too?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Salt of the day: After finally paying for online, I am wonderfully greeted with my FIRST match pitching me against goddamn Grey. As if that wasn't enough, I also had the pleasure of a disconnecting Kensa Roller.

Oh, did I mention that this was all in Clamblitz too?
Well, your first mistake was choosing to play Clam Blitz :P

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Nintendo? I have a bone to pick with your nonexisting matchmaking. Why do you literally keep giving the enemy team all ranged weapons, and my team none. Charger, Splatling, Forge, jet squelcher. And my team? Oh...here's a tri slosher...uh...a luna...and um...uh...oh! A Jr. Here you go, it got a buff, you gucci. No...I am not gucci. That is unfair. Like...ugh. And then the team always gets like 2-3 stingers on TC and I get NONE!

And another thing. I've never hated hearing ouch so much until tonight. All 3 of you literally just respawned. How are you dead again? We're never gonna win if you just keep going in there and feeding them. Like...stop. Now. I can't do this by myself people...and stop super jumping to me when I'm clearly sharking to try and knock some down from behind! Unless you have stealth jump or know I'm safe, STOP.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
If is unfair for the other team, right? Because ranged weapons are a mistake in Splatoon 2.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Today would be extra special if more than a third of my matches didn't have at least one person suddenly disconnect!

Especially someone on my team. Especially when we're winning. Especially past the point where a loss counts against me.

I even had a match that begin as a 4v4, suddenly became a 4v3, stalemated into a 3v3, then devolved into a 2v3!!!

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
I can't work like this, Nintendo. It's demoralizing. At least tell me why I've been put into squid Purgatory. When I am the best turfer on my team, we officially have a problem.
1539846575.png
1539846584.png

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
1. I never realized how truly bad people suffer from tunnel vision until recently. Like...how do you just...not see a person here, or the objective going by you? It's just...ugh. Lost so many games because of it.

2. I hate CB, yet it's my highest rank mode in points. Over 2300. My TC and Rm are like mid 2200, and then my SZ is like early 2200 or late 2100. The mode I hate the most is my highest.

3. I love/hate how I see so many regulars with paid online now launched. Like yay, time to see how I fair against this person, or how we cooperate. Then you get those people that you know aren't that great and you're just like "Please don't be on my team..." then they're on your team and you die a little on the inside. Not I'm not talking about people having bad days, but just people who can't seem to keep up with the others in the lobby.

4. All the newly crappy chargers I keep seeing and how they keep getting put on my team. They usually get 0-3 splats and like one special. Sigh...

Cephalobro

Not a salty post or anything, but whatever is happening on the Square is something that I would prefer not to be a part of. So I'm just going to make my break from the game longer just to let the lava that is the debate in the Square cool off. Meanwhile, I'm going to focus on finishing my other games for now.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
i really had a bad day with SZ today -.- my performance was soooooo bad,disconnects on my side and often having bad teams did not help me out either,everytime i got to the OK line in S rank all of a sudden everything would downhill,it feels like a curse,i literally feel like i am cursed with this mode at times cause this is not the first time things got this bad with SZ at some point,i showed it to myself before that i can do it but today i felt like some noob who just couldn't seem to do it at all.....

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
-56 and then -36. 92 points lost in 2 games. 2 games. I really wish the threshold for X rank would change. 1900 being the lowest you need to stay in X rank is far too low. It is polluted with the worst of the worst. And going off of only games is literally the worse system ever. You're expecting me to be able to carry people who have no idea what the hell they're doing half of the time. What am I suppose to do with that?

Just uuuuuugh...

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Let's just get something straight: if your gonna participate in the match, do it, and if not, JUST DISCONNECT FOR JELONZO'S SAKE. It would be better for you to disconnect making the game a tie than screwing around in Rank X! It's so not cool!!!

X-BIRT

Inkster Jr.
All this salt here is well and good, I'd love to be a part of it. But that would cost me $80 with the paid online now. $100 if I buy the DLC. How exactly is the game supposed to keep selling with a price that restrictive again? Well, at least the kids in the lobbies back in Splat1 are usually competent.

Cephalobro

Seriously, the matchmaking system is stupid no matter how you look at it, it doesn't separate weapons of the same class when there are only two of them, which honestly, it shouldn't be that hard to implement a system that judges a weapon by its class, today took way too long for me to get to a freshness level on my New Squiffer and that's because the stupid system doesn't bother separating chargers, N'Zaps and short ranged shooters when there are two of them. "It's balanced, so stop complaining" like some annoying idiot would say. It's balanced my tentacle!

Corrderio

Inkster Jr.
Is it just me or are griefers becoming more common? And by that I mean peace players, people that stand around and no nothing, etc?

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
Is it just me or are griefers becoming more common? And by that I mean peace players, people that stand around and no nothing, etc?
people will get disconnected most of the time if they do nothing for to long,i guess that's something new the game added in to do something about trolls/throwers? the reason i say this is cause 1 time i was playing and all of a sudden was forced to do something which already annoyed me but anyhow when i came back i had communication error something i literally NEVER get during a match anymore now that i have a wifi extender,so yeah the only reason i could think of is that you will get punished if you don't move at all,but that just means people will move a little to not get kicked out i guess o.o

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
people will get disconnected most of the time if they do nothing for to long,i guess that's something new the game added in to do something about trolls/throwers? the reason i say this is cause 1 time i was playing and all of a sudden was forced to do something which already annoyed me but anyhow when i came back i had communication error something i literally NEVER get during a match anymore now that i have a wifi extender,so yeah the only reason i could think of is that you will get punished if you don't move at all,but that just means people will move a little to not get kicked out i guess o.o
This is a very optimistic viewpoint to take, in my opinion. I think that with the introduction of paid online, the bulk of the casual player base moved to other games or to Splatoon 1 and left a higher density of toxic and highly competitive players who are more likely to bail on games for one reason or another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom