• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Escape from Octo Valley (IC)

Cephalobro

(Let's continue with the story, shall we.)

Shark is on his usual spot on top of the base, making sure there aren't any double agents around. It will take him time to get used to his new Crimson allies. He whispers "If I catch you communicating with DJ Octavio, you're splatted." he finishes whispering as he sees many of the freed Crimsons walking outside near the base.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
(Oof I was writing a post but had to change it a bit because of yours)

Silas is walking around, admiring the scenery. He pulls of his glasses and inspects them. He stops sighing. His glasses are all beaten up and smudged. “It’s time for something new.” He mutters to himself while walking to the headgear shop.
On his way, he spots Shark and nods to him, knowing the situation. “I’ll come and talk to you later, but I’ve got to go get some new headgear, because my glasses are needing to be retired. ” He continues on his way and reaches the headgear shop.
While he’s walking in, he notices two other female octolings walking out which looked out of the ordinary. “Strange...” He mutters to himself but shrugging it off.
He walks into the headgear shop and looks in the mirror. His face is covered in scars, cuts, and bruises from the last couple of years. He sighs and remembers he keeps getting looks from other inklings and octolings. He looks around for a bit and spots a stealth mask (yes it’s a actual thing in splatoon but idk if that’s the actual name.) “Um, excuse me, how much for this?” He asks the shopkeeper. “10,000” the shopkeeper simply says. Silas whistles. “Alrighty then.” He slaps down ten grand and grabs the stealth mask. The shopkeeper raises a eye but takes the money. He puts on the mask and walks out.
His stomach grumbles. “Heh. I’m only a octoling I guess.” He walks to the cafe to get some food. He notices the two octolings again (these are Noah and Lana btw) and decides to walk over.
“Hi.” He simply says.

Cephalobro

Back with the supply crew, Coral and Kelp follow them into various stores to gather the supplies requested by Anemone, they and the supply crew decided to split up three ways in order to get the supplies faster. They enter a supermarket that was somehow able to keep the electricity going despite the complete lack of Zapfish. Off course, the only two Octolings in the group wish they could talk to each other, but the probation is limiting their fun enough as it is, so they decide to get this over with.

Coral and his part of the crew goes to the toothbrush aisle to pick up many additional toothbrushes and tubes of toothpaste. Kelp and her part of the crew went to go clothes shopping to provide the newly arrived allies as well as many Inklings back at the base to wear something other than the test subject clothes and armor. The third part of the crew went on to buy soaps and toilet papers.

The three parts of the crew rejoin back into one group in order to take the supplies back to the base, they each use a bit of their money to pay for the supplies before heading out of the door where the huge carrying platform is waiting for them.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
(True, I was just asking to see whether or not it would be bad to jump back and forth in time in the story (if that makes sense at all lol))

Cephalobro

(It wont be bad to jump back and forth through time, just make it clear of the in-story time that you're using. This would make it easy to follow.)

Last edited:

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Lana smiles a bit. "Hi."

"Hey," Noah says nonchalantly.

The Inklings at the table wave to him as well.

"Care to join?" Rebekah asked. "Most of us haven't decided yet."

Cephalobro

Just wanting to take the day off, Coral asked Kelp to call Anemone and ask him when the probation ends. This happens as the crew load up the platform with the supplies they bought.

Kelp: *talking to Anemone through her communication device* Hey uncle, when are we able to take the rest of the day off?

General Anemone replied, "When the supply crew starts bringing the supplies to the base." This happens as Coral helps the crew, speeding up the loading of supplies to get the day off faster.

Coral: Kelp, can you help us here? The sooner we finish this, the sooner we can spend quality time together.

Kelp decided to help the others load the platform. After 10 long minutes, the process is finished, after which the supply crew takes the supplies to the base, with the Twintacle Octotroopers riding the platform while the Octocopters are lifting it.

Cephalobro

(I just wanted to say this for a long time so that those who newly join won't have to go through so many past posts, Coral and Kelp are dating. Anchor Shipping is what I decide to call this shipping, which yes, it's confirmed.)

Last edited:

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
(Yeah, both Lana and Noah have pretty broken Inkling. Rebekah is a bit more educated in Inkling language and culture, but the aforementioned siblings are pretty clueless in comparison. I may also introduce a character simply known as "Zero.")

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
(A new character? Sounds interesting. Also I’m just going stay in the now and not go ahead.)

“Thank you” Silas says respectfully sitting down. After a couple awkward moments of silence, he decides to try to break the silence. “So are you new around here?” He asks the two, trying to pry some information.

Cephalobro

As they see the supplies heading back to the base, Coral and Kelp decide to have this moment to themselves, they find a bench to sit on and start making out, not caring about what the public thinks about this, especially since they've been meaning to do this before the mission yesterday, but the crowded bus wasn't the ideal place to do this.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
"They are," Rebekah said. "I've been here a bit longer. I'm still teaching them Inkling and all that. Anyway, I'm Rebekah, and these two are Lana and Noah."

In fluent Octarian, an Inkling girl, with dark eyes and violet hair in a bob, added, "My name is Shizue, and with me are Joy-" she points to an aqua-haired Inkling who has just removed her headphones- "Daniel-" She indicates an Inkling boy with a bowl cut who looks up from the book he's reading- "Yumena-" a pretty Inkling girl with her white-mint hair up in a bun- "and Lian." She gestures to another Inkling girl with a hime-cut and long bangs. (OoC: I have way too many OCs...:P I've only been into Splatoon for a few months now!)

Cephalobro

As Coral and Kelp finish making out, they decide to head to the place in which others are hanging out, they notice Rebekah talking to Silas at the table. As Coral and Kelp hold hands, they approach the table.

Coral: Hey guys, sorry that we haven't properly met before, you know. Our general can sometimes be crazy set on priorities.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
"Ah, I'm sorry too! We did sorta drift apart during our escape, didn't we? Man, I should have payed attention."

"Hey, at least you got here, Rebekah," Shizue comforted.

As they spoke, Lana curiously played with a napkin. Rebekah giggled a little. "You wipe yourself with that," she explained in Octarian. "That's a napkin."

"Ah," Lana replied. She tapped it gently to her cheek. "Like this?"

"Yes."

"Why are these all wrapped up?" Noah observed the utensils at the table.

"It keeps them together until you eat so you don't lose them or mix them up,* Shizue replied.

"I wish I understood their language," Yumena muttered. "They seem really sweet."

Lian watched quietly, unconsciously fidgeting with the napkin around her utensils.

As Lana traced her finger around the, er...metal thing that holds the menus ad stuff...Noah shyly attempted to start a conversation.

"Um...hello....?"

"Hiya," Joy replied.

"Hey," Daniel added.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp decided to offer their new allies a place to stay. Thanks to a huge addition to the army, the base is now safer than before. They even remember seeing some freed Crimson Octarians asking Anemone if they could become guards at night along with the Ringed Octarian guards for maximum security for their respective Octolings and the rescued Inklings.

Coral: If you need a place to stay, you can stay at our base. You will feel a lot more secure in there than any other place in Octo Valley.

Kelp: We have free high-speed wi-fi and an arcade for your enjoyment. Plus, my uncle will definitely welcome you with open tentacles.

Last edited:

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Lana tosses her tentacles a bit and folds her hands on the table.

"Um..." Noah couldn't think of anything to say. After a whole, he finally spoke up. "How is this city like?"

"It's nice," Yumena said. "There's a lot of activity going on, though. I wish we had moved somewhere a bit less crowded, like a nice town."

"I like it here," Joy added. "If you want, I could show you around after we eat."

See Inkopolis first, or their possible new home? Lana and Noah were both indecisive.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Lana looked a little concerned. She couldn't decide whether to join the Ringed Octarians or explore Inkopolis.

"Lana," Noah said in Octarian, "I have an idea. What if I go and look at their home, and you go with Joy?"

"That sounds like a good plan, but what are we going to do when we reunite?"

"Why don't we tell each other what we've discovered?" Noah answered. "Then maybe switch places, or we both hang out somewhere in Inkopolis, or maybe move in with these guys?"

"Although, Shizue did offer us her home as well..." Lana muttered.

"She and Joy are the ones who freed us, after all," Noah added. "Alright, how about you go with Joy while I sort things out."

Cephalobro

The two Ringed Octolings doesn't mind if the two Crimson Octolings chose the other way. They are fine either way, especially since a large portion of Crimson Octarians, including their Octolings, decided to help the Ringed Octarians in the escape as well as eventually imprisoning DJ Octavio away for good.

Coral: Well, you don't need to move in if you don't want to.

Kelp: The more Octarians above ground, the better. Let us know when you have decided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom