• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Escape from Octo Valley (IC)

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
"Alright," Noah replied. He turned to Lana. "Why don't you go?"

"Yes, alright," Lana replied. She turned to Joy.

Joy smiled and nodded, then took Lana by the hand and led her out of the café.

"Right, Lana, anything catch your eye yet?"

Lana glanced around, then looked down at her sweater and remembered the clothing shop. "Shopping," she said.

"You want to go shopping?"

"Yes."

"Well, there are plenty of stores around," Joy replied. "What are you wanting? Clothes? Hats? Shoes? Weapons? Take your pick."

"Hmm..." The young Octoling tilted her head. "New hat?"

Joy nodded and led her to the hat shop. "Alright, Lana! We've got plenty of options. What do you like best?"

Lana tried on everything, from hats to glasses to headphones. She finally settled on a cute pair of glasses.

"Um, you can see just fine, can't you?"

"Cute," Lana replied simply and slipped them on.

"Well, it is pretty adorable," Joy replied. "How much for these?"

"750, please," the clerk replied.

"Well, aren't you lucky?" Joy giggled. Lana smiled a bit and pushed her glasses up her nose. "Anything else?"

"Hm." She looked at the shooter in her hands and felt she needed something more. "Buy more new weapon?"

Joy was happy to take Lana to the weapons shop, where she looked at everything before deciding she liked the Brella best (especially since it doubled as, well, an umbrella).

She then bought some shoes, a nice pair of slip-ons.

"You're all set, Lana!" Joy grinned. "Anywhere else you wanna go?"

"Hmm." Lana stroked her chin, then pointed to a nearby arcade. "Game."

"Oh? That's the arcade! It's pretty fun, if I do say so myself."

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp decide to show the base to Noah, showing him the various types of rooms that it has. Despite this being a base made of merged buses, it actually has quite a comfy atmosphere, almost like a hotel of sorts. This was obviously made to be a counter to the various metallic surroundings that the facilities had in some of their rooms.

Coral: This room is the main hub, you can go to the other rooms from it, over there is the arcade room where you can play all sorts of games, Anemone was generous enough to make their play sessions for free.

Kelp: The room on the opposite side is the diner, where you have meals. The one next to it is the wi-fi room, this is where you can get access to high-speed internet.

Coral: In that hallway, there are important rooms. First is General Anemone's office, that's where you talk to him if you have questions or suggestions of what change you might want. The second room, which one I suggest that you avoid at all costs is the Octospartan room, this is where our elite guys reside. They don't take Crimsons well unless the General forces them to.

Kelp: And finally the elevator, where you will be taken to the bedrooms on the upper floor, all the bedrooms have bathrooms as part of them. However, my uncle who you call General Anemone would prefer if you flushed the toilet after using it so that the buses that split apart to be driven individually wouldn't have the awful smell.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Silas excuses himself after talking with them and goes to Shark. He sits down across from him and takes off his mask. “Alright, what do I have to do to prove I’m...well me?” He asks his hand splayed in a sort of go-ahead-and-ask-me-questions gesture.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

(Don't you mean Silas? Or are you planning to bring in another one of your characters? Either way is cool with me.)

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Noah nods as he takes everything in. "I'll stay for a few days here; Lana will stay with Shizue, and then we switch. How does that sound?" he offers. "I've already told Lana my plan."

Cephalobro

Coral replied that it's fine and Kelp went on to ask Anemone if temporary residence was allowed, behind the door of the office, the decision was made. Kelp came out of the office to tell Noah about it.

Kelp: He said that you can stay here anytime you want.

As the decision was made, Clam finally stepped into the scene, finally relieved of that headache that he experienced yesterday. This Octotrooper didn't seem to be bothered by the thought anymore.

Clam: Who's this Octoling? I never met him.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
(Oops I didn’t mean to put his name in and changed it. Btw, Shade i think would be a awesome character, but way too OP for this I believe.)

Cephalobro

Shark sees Silas across from him and answers, "You just need to make sure that you don't have the ability to contact DJ Octavio or his army, you know, we just need to make sure there aren't spies trying to get in the way of our salvation. As such, we implemented a system in which we can detect whether or not any communication device has that DJ's number or the contact of his subordinates." He finished explaining.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
(I’m really trying to figure out which of my many OCs would work in this)

“Alright, hit me” Silas says, wondering what he was going to do after this. “Probobly go work on my sniping skills” he thinks to himself

Cephalobro

"Show me your contacts so that you can prove that DJ Octavio cannot be contacted." He begins, then finishes. "You won't need to do anything else after this." Shark then pulls out some kind of data detector, it is advanced enough to track not only a communication device's contact list, but also emit a beeping noise when it detects anything that's not supposed to be there, especially DJ Octavio's contact number.

Cephalobro

Shark the takes a look in Silas's contact list, making sure DJ Octavio wasn't one of them, to his relief, the brainwashing DJ is not on the list. "You're good to go", he said.

While in the other room, Clam decided to formally introduce himself to Noah.

Clam: My name is Clam, we tentacle people are responsible for keeping our Octolings safe. I try to keep Coral, who is my younger brother, safe. As you can see, we tentacle people greatly outnumber our own Octolings, which is why we are their bodyguards. Nice to meet you, Noah.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
"Ah, I guess you're right. There are a lot of Crimson Octotroopers as well, much more than the Octolings. Possibly because they are born so easily." Noah chuckles.

(also ringed Octotroopers are probably much smarter than crimson ones just sayin')

Cephalobro

(I think any Octotrooper can be intelligent, they just don't have to be brainwashed by some tyrannical DJ)

Clam: Well, Octarian biology is sort of complicated, most Octolings hatch from eggs but there is also a chance that some of the tentacled ones can eventually become an Octoling. Other Octarians start as cutoff tentacles of Octolings. We, however, don't plan to rely on random chance to save our species, since Octolings are the parents to the rest of the species.

Coral decided to add a few more explanations.

Coral: Some Octarians grow more tentacles, but stay incomplete in a way.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
"Do you know what this is?" Joy leads Lana to Grizzco. "This is where many Inklings - and Octolings like you - go to work farming salmon for eggs. We make money that way."

Lana nodded.

"We probably don't have time to try it right now, I'm sure Shizu'll probably want us to come back...for now, oh yeah! Didn't you want to visit the arcade?"

"Yes."

"Right then, follow me," Joy replied. Lana followed. "In here."

Lana walked in. She looked around. "Wah..."

"Yup. Pretty amazing, isn't it? So first, have to apply to get in. Then we'll have to go to this counter so we can get a card."

"Card?"

"Without it, we can't play games."

"Mhm."

"Then we have to fill the card by paying some money for points, otherwise nothing will work."

"Yes."

"And then you can go have fun."

Lana smiled and nodded. Joy admitted both of them, and then they got a card each to fill with points. When they walked into the arcade, Lana gasped. Everything was so bright and colorful! It wasn't like in Octo Valley. "Look!"

"Yes, I see," Joy replied with a smile. "It's pretty awesome, isn't it?"

Lana thought for a moment, and then chose a game that wasn't currently being played.

(Can someone please be here so I can actually RP with this idea?)

Cephalobro

(Is this Grizzco building in Inkopolis or in Octo Valley? If it is in Octo Valley, I can help you RP with this.)

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
(Joy took Lana to Inkopolis so she could explore Inkling society like she wants to. Right now she's in the arcade though. If you want I can make it convenient though. :P)

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Noah nodded and tossed his tentacles out of his face a bit. "Um...can I try the arcade? Lana likes video games, so it kinda reminds me of her..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom