• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Escape from Octo Valley (IC)

Cephalobro

Coral wondered about the Grizzco branch in Octo Valley and why it is considered shady. Clam responded with some facts.

Coral: Why is the Grizzco in Octo Valley shady?

Clam: Well, this is more of a result of the Crimsons holding on to their relations with Salmonids, which I believe that it is a bad idea since Salmonids are known to be traitors to their allies, valuing nothing more than available land for their eggs. Also, workers are forced to return to Octo Valley after this. No wonder this branch of Grizzco is failing.

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Nodding, Silas walks out and heads up to the roof, stopping by his room so he can grab his sniper.
Stepping out onto the roof, he feels the air blowing on his skin. He smiles and sits down and sets up. He aims and fires a couple times. He is about to fire another shot when he hears a voice behind him and a chill down his spine. “Silas” a voice comes behind him.

(Whoops forgot to ask can I add a character)

Cephalobro

(Yes, you can add another character)

Coral had an idea, something that would allow him to further practice his skills without relying on Clam for protection.

Coral: How about I go to that Grizzco building? I think I can make my contributions to our army if I can provide some money.

Clam: No! You're not going to Salmonid territory without me! That's just making yourself become food for them.

Coral: You worry too much, I'm sure I will have co-workers who will help me through this.

Clam: Alright, but don't go deeper into their territory then, just stick to the area that your boss tells you.

With that, Coral went outside and super jumped to the Grizzco building in Octo Valley.

Last edited:

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Lana was at Grizzco with Joy later, when she saw the Ringed Octarians and decided to join them.

Across from them, a strange, blue-haired Octoling wouldn't look up from her computer...

Cephalobro

When Coral arrived at the GrizzCo building, he stepped inside and was teleported to the Inkopolis GrizzCo building. Confused, he saw Lana and Joy there. He knew that he was going to be the only male Octoling in the group, so he would try not to be nervous as communication is key to surviving Salmonid hordes. This is also the first time he would be fighting a large group of enemies without Clam being at his side, since GrizzCo policy only allows those who can respawn to be field workers.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Noah joins them. There. Now Coral isn't alone. :P

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Lana is curious about the mysterious girl, so she moves next to her and looks at her computer. Lines and lines of code. Strange.

"...please don't bother me."

Her voice comes out strangely distorted, like it's been run through a bitcrusher. Lana tilts her head, but goes back to her seat. She still watches her though. Her expression is blank, focused, with the mildest hint of annoyance; her skin is pale green, and her eyes are black with glowy pupils, like those of a robot. However, the tips of her fingers are pale peach, and the tips of her tentacles are a reddish brown. Perhaps she was once like Lana...?

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
(OoC (and probably off topic): I guess Lana and Noah are my Agents 8, Joy and Daniel are my Agents 4, and I guess another OC of mine, Rachel, could be Agent 3.)

Cephalobro

Coral seems to be confused by that new girl as well, especially at her voice. Before he could wonder who she is, the wooden bear radio inside played the company jingle before a mysterious voice came through. "Are you all ready to go to work? If you are, go get changed!", after that, Coral wondered whose voice is this, on top of already being confused about the Octoling with the digitized voice. This would certainly become a strange day for him.

Coral: Who is this person from the radio?

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
The Octoling finally closed her computer and obediently walked away to change clothes, maintaining a blank expression. Lana watched her for a bit, then followed and found her own changing room. Joy and Noah followed.

"So," Joy asked the Octoling, chuckling nervously, "what's your name?"

"Why does it matter to you?" she replied bitterly. "But...zero. That's all I can think of."

"Ah, Zero...alright...so, you're gonna be on our team, yeah?"

"...maybe."

"Right, so...what kind of weapon do you usually use?"

"A charger."

"I'm more of a Dualies person myself."

"It's starting," Zero said nonchalantly.

"Right! Lana, you ready yet?"

Lana came out with her Brella, ready to roll. "Yes."

"And where's your brother?" As Joy was speaking, Zero got up to leave.

Noah came out with a Splattershot.

Cephalobro

After changing into the GrizzCo uniform in another changing room, Coral came out with a borrowed N'Zap 85. He hurried up with the group in order to get this started. Maybe he decided to do this in order to teach those Salmonids a lesson about forcing his people closer to extinction, although, a war between the Ringed Octarians and the Salmonids can start, so that's a risky move. The Salmonids would get the taste of their own medicine now that he has some Crimson Octolings on his side.

Cephalobro

(That's fine, but what has happened is that another facility was forcefully shut down, a really important one at that, since it not only freed the next group of Inklings, it reduced a lot more power usage and freed many Crimson Octarians who otherwise didn't want to be on DJ Octavio's side. It's currently the day off for the now huge army.)

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
(Welcome back!)
Silas turns and finds a inkling robed in black holding what looks to be a scythe. “Silas, your time had come.” The figure says. “Are-are you death?” Silas asks carefully. “No, that would be my dad.” The figure says chuckling. “I am Anubi.” Silas looks terrified. Suddenly, Anubi cracks up. “Pffft you should have seen your face!” He says laughing uncontrollably. “Gets them every time.” Seeing the confused look on his face still, Anubi recoveres. “I’m not going to kill you, if that’s what you are worried about.”

Silas switches to a more analytical state of mind. “So going of what you said, your father is death?” Anubi shrugs nonchalantly. “Yeah, he wants me to follow his footsteps and become Death after he steps down in a couple millennium or so.” Silas takes a moment to ponder what he had just heard before continuing. “Why are you here? I mean, like what really are you doing here?” “Just doing the usual, keeping the life/death balance in check, making sure there is no activities that are against the law of death, and something else...” He ponders for a moment before his face visibly lights up. “Oh yeah! I was supposed to assist you in your travels.” Silas raises a eyebrow. “May I ask you why?” He says trying to pry information. “Supposedly there is going to come a crucial moment in your life sometime that I need to be there to help you with.” He shrugs. “I don’t know when or what, but it has to do something with my scythe.” He pulls the modified weapon of his back, showing it to Silas. “Hm.” Silas replies inspecting it before handing it back to him. “Well one thing is sure.” Silas says looking out over the landscape before him. “We are going to become good friends” He says smiling.

(Sorry I made it very long. What did you think of Anubi? I made him up like a day ago.)

Cephalobro

As the Salmon Run crew got on a boat set to go to the Spawning Grounds, Coral became a bit nervous, he is the only Ringed Octarian, let alone the only Ringed Octoling in such a long time going to an island full of ravenous fish that crave cephalopod flesh. The Jellyfish boat driver tells stories about previous Salmon Runs that happened long before the current events. The stories range from the terrifying discovery of glowflies that make Salmonid act like running zombies toward the cephalopod who's surrounded to triumphant victories over armies of Cohoks, this Jellyfish has seen them all. The boat eventually arrives at a place close to the island, "Ya will super jump from here to the island, the boss will give ya an egg quota that ya will need to fulfill. That basket over there is where ya will place the Golden Eggs that drop when you splat an advanced Salmonid.", the Jellyfish said. "If you ya want extra rewards, then ya just need to keep filling the basket with Golden Eggs, now super jump as a group when ready."

Last edited:

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Lana nods and gets ready. Zero patiently waits for the rest of the group. Once they are ready, the Salmonids start coming.

Cephalobro

As the group arrived at the island after super jumping, Coral sees Salmonids coming out of the water, he starts inking a path to the basket, then starts shooting at the incoming Chums who look like they want to strike him with pans. While splatting the Chums, he didn't notice another group of Salmonids behind him, including a Scrapper that's trying to ram into him.

Coral: Take that, stupid Chums! That's what you get for being traitors!

Seems like it was a natural thing for Ringed Octarians to have animosity and vendetta against Salmonids, and rightfully so. The Salmonids betrayed them when they needed help the most.

Last edited:

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
(I had the weirdest idea...what if Joy is battling the Salmonids and she gets so frustrated that hER ACCENT SLIPS LIKE BIG-TIME AND SHE'S SO FREAKIN'...er...East Londoner...?- like, she goes from EU Spyke to US Spyke in two seconds and it's hilarious-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom