• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Escape from Octo Valley (IC)

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Silas nods to Clam, ready for the day ahead. He gets dressed quickly so that he can go up to the roof. “Alright I’m gonna go wake up Anubi, see you in a bit.” He quickly scales the wall to the roof. “Anubi, cmon it’s time for the 6th one. Anubi is still, a shadowy cloak on the roof. “Buddy cmon, this isn’t time for-“ A scythe flies up out of nowhere and catches him off guard. “What the-“ he dodges out of the way of the first one but another soon follows. He get grazed by that one and turns back towards Anubi, but he disappears. He looks around and suddenly gets tackled. A cold metal gets pressed against his neck. “I thought I told you to stay on your guard at all times.” The weapon is pulled away from throat and he sees Anubi glaring down at him. “What the heck man? Ever since the 4th facility, you’ve been getting more and more strict.” Anubi’s face softens into one of understanding. “Sorry, it’s just...I feel something. Something's coming, and you need to be ready.” Silas nods. “Yeah I get you. Let’s go meet the others.” He two friends smile and head downstairs to meet the others.

Cephalobro

Clam walks through the hall, trying to get to the elevator before he stumbles over due to how tired he is, Coral and Kelp can be seen waiting inside, both them doing their best to stay awake.

Clam: So you two are also tired, huh?

Coral: Yep *yawn*, I wish we saved yesterday's facility to today instead.

Kelp: *yawn* But hey, at least we will get our break early today.

SteakTartar

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2076-9002-5732
Yashi got up bright and early.He asks the General if he can have a weapon. The General gives him an Octoshot.
Yashi: Um, sir, I’m really better with a roller.
General: Let’s see if we have any... ok, we have a carbon roller. Be careful out there.
Yashi: I will sir.
General: Wait a minute. You must wear armor or our troops might think your a crimson.*handing Yashi some armor*
Yashi quickly gos to get changed.
On the way he passes a very sleepy looking Coral and Kelp. He gets changed, and heads downstairs

Last edited:

Cephalobro

General Anemone went outside to meet up with the Crimson and other Ringed Octarians who are already outside, the Inklings are seen standing in line outside, ready for the new journey to take them home. After a quick roll call, he explains the current situation, "After seeing how everyone is exhausted from yesterday's third mission, we're only taking down one facility today and the other task is to accompany all the currently-rescued Inklings to the nearest kettle so they can return to Inkopolis, I'll call someone to pick them up once they are at the surface. Now head into the buses, I'm going to be quiet during the journey to the 6th facility since I need my rest to be able to command properly. You should also take this time to rest while you can since you will need to pay attention to your surroundings during this mission."

After the base split into multiple buses again, everyone headed inside their assigned buses, the Octocopters who came back to the base yesterday are the ones driving the buses today. After the leading bus left, the other buses followed. While inside, Coral lays his head on Kelp's lap to take a nap.

Coral: *lays his head on Kelp's lap* Kelp, wake me up when you're about to fall asleep.

Kelp: *nodding* Okay

Clam: *gets into his comfortable upright sleeping position* At least now we can take a nap for the time being.

SteakTartar

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2076-9002-5732
(So is Anubi an Octoling, Inkling or something else? I got a bit confused.)

SteakTartar

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2076-9002-5732
Yashi is downstairs and although being quiet, is also anxious about going on his first mission. He walks over to stand by Coral and Kelp

Cephalobro

As Kelp started falling asleep midway through the trip, she woke Coral up. Coral who's now very well rested sat up and let Kelp lay her head on his shoulder so she can sleep.

Kelp: *lays her head on Coral's shoulder* My turn to sleep. *closes her eyes

Coral: Now I don't feel like sleeping anymore. *takes out his Octo Boy Advanced and played Octo Warrior on it, with the volume lowered*

SteakTartar

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2076-9002-5732
(I for got where we were in the story)
Yashi glances over and sees Coral wake up and Kelp fall asleep. Yashi is excited to see Coral have an Octo Boy advance. He, being across from Coral, eventually asks to try it. Coral hands it over.
Yashi: Um,what games do you have on it?

Cephalobro

(We are currently on the journey to the 6th facility, most members were exhausted from yesterday's night mission since they had taken down 3 facilities in one day, so most of them are taking a nap while the Octocopters who aren't tired drove the buses to an area near the 6th facility.)

Coral: I have Octo Tennis, Octo Hero, Octo Warrior, and Octo Soccer.

SteakTartar

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2076-9002-5732
(Got it)
Yashi: I’ll play Octo Tennis
Coral: Ok, here you go
Yashi, having been in inkopolis for a while, has played in more advanced systems before, but still enjoys doing something fun on the way.
Yashi: I’m done playing now
Coral: Ok, we’re almost there

Cephalobro

As the buses started to halt, General Anemone woke up and talked through the intercoms, "Alright, the nap is over, meet me outside so I can do a roll call before the mission briefing begins."

Everyone headed outside, now much more rested, Coral had his Octo Boy Advanced back in his pocket as he heads out of the bus.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Anubi, Silas, and Shark all step out of the bus and look at each other. Shark had been training Silas also with Anubi, bringing his skill level up a lot. “Well heck, here we go again.” Silas says, turning to them. “You guys ready?” They both nod and he turns back. “Good. Cause we got a facility to take down.” He slings his sniper over his shoulder and puts his dualies in his holsters on his pockets. “Let’s do this.” He walks to the General to be ready.

Cephalobro

General Anemone begins, "Alright, that facility has been running experiments related to Sanitization. I highly, highly suggest that you stay away from their Flooders, one good thing is that the Sanitization liquid smells like soap, don't let that smell fool you. If you happen to get wet by that, you lose all sense of free will. Once we're done with this facility, we're going to send the Inklings from yesterday and today's facility back to Inkopolis. Now let's get going!"

This is when everyone was sent to the 6th facility, knowing the warnings, they knew that the enemy that they will face will be different from last time. Coral remembers that nightmare from a few days ago.

Coral: Alright everyone, be careful so as to not touch their ink! Got it?

Kelp: Yes

Clam: Totally

Last edited:

Cephalobro

(I guess I should post us getting to the facility so that we can get this started.)

Coral, Kelp, and Clam along with the other Ringeds and their Crimson allies arrive at the facility, waiting for General Anemone's next order. Meanwhile, with Silas, Anubi, and Shark, Shark decides to get a little further away from the base and a little closer to the facility. "This one is not going to bode well if I can't get a clear shot of the incoming enemies, we will need a little patience as our brethren shut down the speakers that give orders to the Sanitized." He says as he starts lifting his E-Liter. "Without orders, they will stop attacking entirely. The enemy must be really desperate if they really needed to Sanitize those who refuse to follow their orders."

General Anemone spoke through everyone's communication device, "Focus on luring as many of the Sanitized Octarians outside as possible by targeting the security cameras on the outside, this is the safest way as those who have been completely Sanitized lose the sense of self-preservation. If the Flooders do come out, avoid them as much as possible, but know that they are only likely to be sent out when they have no more troops to attack us with. So be patient and see if they try to Sanitize us with the Flooders, not to worry, our Octocopters are ready to place sensor jammers on them so they can't track us, but you should still be careful around them."

SteakTartar

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2076-9002-5732
Yashi follows everyone else to the facility. He uses his jump-swing roller attack to take out a camera. The first wave of Sanitized Octarians comes out. Yashi freezes. The first two are his mom and dad

Cephalobro

Coral and Clam begin splatting the first Sanitized Octarians that came out of that door. Kelp also began but stopped as soon as she saw Yashi standing there.

Kelp: What's wrong Yashi? Do you know those two Octolings?

SteakTartar

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2076-9002-5732
Yashi: they are my parents. I have to help them
Yashi runs toward his parents, takes away their weapons, and pulls them away from the fight.
Yashi: I don’t know if there is anything that can change them, but we have to try.*running them back to the bus*

Cephalobro

Kelp began to be worried about what might happen, she called Anemone to make sure nothing goes wrong back at the base.

Kelp: *talking into her communicator* Uncle, our new member is bringing two Sanitized Octolings back to the base, can you have someone supervise him? I know you allowed a Sanitized Octoling into the base before, if you maybe at least allow someone to try to give them the sense of free will back? Those two Octolings are his parents.

General Anemone responded with an unsure tone, "Okay, we will try our best to give them the sense of free will back, but I don't know if their appearance will be reversible."

Kelp: Thank you uncle, having another Octoling without living parents is heartbreaking.

General Anemone replied, "Alright, alright, just focus on the mission from now on and be careful.", this is when Kelp turned off her communicator and resumed helping Coral, Clam, and the rest of the army splat the first wave of Sanitized Octarians.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom