• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The "I'll be Rank __ forever" thread

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Teetering in A+ hoping to get to S. Rm not my strong suit but trying to learn it especially as tentatek.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
I soloed aallllll the way to S rank and now I'm stuck in the Purgatory known as A+ S, because people were either carried from what I see, or the game puts the other PRO MLGEEE Solo players on the other team...

Okajin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Okajin
I'm back B+. I'm on a stage where I need to improve myself to aim climbing ! My highest rank was A+ 55 points. If I went back to B+, I did something wrong or I need to step up.

Lucarii

Inkling
NNID
Lucarii
I seem to be stuck in A-. Most of the days I go online I rank up once, but I think I finally hit a roadblock. I always seem to be put in matches with S and A+ players, which helps a bit when I'm trying to improve my skills but not when I'm trying to rank up. I even had this happen the other day:

Not fun.

Cyrex

Inkling
NNID
nitr0monkey
So I recently hit S, after like a week of trying not to drown in the A+ pool. Not much different from A+ tbh, depending on the game mode teammates range from "about as aware as a bag of rocks" to "who needs skype when we can communicate telepathically?" You know what's great? When the RM carrier follows your Kraken to victory. When you're teamed up with a squid who tries to Leroy Jenkins it instead of waiting for his team to cover him the whole game though, not so much

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
I swim between C+ and B-, using the rank matches to earn points for the 3Star gear in a faster way. Well doesn't work everytime of course.

Lorbeerprinz

Full Squid
NNID
lorbeerprinz
I seem to be stuck in the Bs, the best I got was B+ 30 (I think), then I fell back to B 30 in a single afternoon and I'm like... kinda fed up with Ranked ever since that, so I guess I'll be literally stuck with that for the rest of my days x'D
Maybe I'll come back to it and try my luck one day...

Relados

Senior Squid
I'll be S rank forever, because I'm never suffering through random teammates ever again. I'll just hang around in squad battles if I want to play ranked modes.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Managed to escape A rank puratory, and thanks to an excellent team i've managed to steamroll all the way to S rank, where i'll imagine i'll be stuck for a long time. That is, if i can even keep my S-rank. Won't be touching Rainmaker mode for a while untill i feel confident enough.

I could always play squads, but then i remember i don't have any friends

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I got into A+ a few days ago, and been teetering in it ever since. I don't deserve to be there, it seems like everyone is better than me.

It seems like I can only increase rank when playing Rainmaker or Tower control, I stink at Splat Zones.

SquidProJakob

Inkling
NNID
NinProJakob
This thread is dedicated to us souls who aren't as superb as those A+99 players and can be somewhat satisfied with a B or even a C. If you find yourself hitting that very nice equillibrium of kills/deaths in Splat Zones and get a relatively half and half win loss ratio, then you may have found your niche. But that's nothing to worry about, there are others. Not everyone can be at the top.

For myself, I find that I'm a very solid B+ player. I fall down to B occasionally and skyrocket to A on a good day, but overall I find myself in the B+ rank more often than not. B poses little challenge while A- wipes the floor with me. I dunno how there could be such a huge difference, but apparently there is.

What's your "forever rank"?
I will probably be stuck in rank B cause my team is always terrible

Axeliira

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Axeliira
Been stuck in B- for more than a month now. I used to be very close to B rank but with a few awful matches it brought me close to C+. Hoping I'd get out of it sooooon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom