• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The "I'll be Rank __ forever" thread

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I'm stuck in B-

My ranked battles usually start out so well to the point where I'm almost to B.... And then everything falls apart like we can't play right anymore and I find myself back at B 50.

And I thought I'd be stuck in C+ forever. Oi. :confused:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I'm stuck in S. I always make it to S 70 then fall back to like, 50. And repeat that cycle. I'm going insane. I just want S+.
Lawl same here, though atleast I was a S+ for a pretty good while before losing it.

tene_sicarius

Full Squid
NNID
TeneBrisSicarius
Me too. :( I have a tendency to go in guns ablazin'; Kamikaze style thinking that my team will then push forward. They usually don't.
My team just sits behind cover, waiting for me to get everything done. I'll take out two guys, weaken the third, then see that my teammate was sitting on a ledge until the enemy swam away.

I main support and am currently S 20. That stuff if super helpful in higher ranks man. Getting back into the battle is very important.
Yea, my teammates never know how to take advantage of a path that leads directly to the goal, because its not the one hard wired into their brains. The moment I concede and pick a top tier weapon, I reach A-. Then hammerhead bridge, moray towers, or port mackeral comes on rotation, and I'm back to B-. I can't wait to be with decent teammates, or for a decent Inkbrush so I can actually be useful in a squad.

Haeeun

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Haeeun
I will forever be an A (¬、¬)

I managed to reach an A+ rank, but shortly after due to some... unforeseen circumstances, I moved back down to an A. I've been twin squading with my friend to try and get our ranks up, but we have the worst luck getting paired with players. We always seem to get S ranked players trying to carry B or Cs (but end up not doing great themselves anyway), crappy snipers, or just other crappy twin squads.

We got one match last night, and I guess they were experimenting with other weapons, because my friend and I got better scores while the team as a whole lost the match. Next round came, and they had were on the other team with different weapons. Suffice to say, I didn't even realize they were the same people until my friend pointed it out after we lost that match again ヾ(`⌒´メ)ノ″

Ochre

Inkling
Tasted S exactly once before getting hit hard with a losing streak (that I still haven't quite gotten over).

Enjoyed it while I could, A rank to infinity and beyond.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
It feels like I'll be S forever, primarily because I get so few points when I win(either 2, 3 or 4), but I always lose 5 points even if my team has a severe disadvantage in terms of ranks. I had a situation where I won two battles in a row and got 2 and 3 points, only to lose a third and lose all 5 of the points I just earned. It's very discouraging knowing one loss is usually worth two wins.

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
It feels like I'll be S forever, primarily because I get so few points when I win(either 2, 3 or 4), but I always lose 5 points even if my team has a severe disadvantage in terms of ranks. I had a situation where I won two battles in a row and got 2 and 3 points, only to lose a third and lose all 5 of the points I just earned. It's very discouraging knowing one loss is usually worth two wins.
It's the same thing in A+ too though. I win and get 8 points and lose and lose 12 points. It's just ridiculous.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
It's the same thing in A+ too though. I win and get 8 points and lose and lose 12 points. It's just ridiculous.
True, but with S rank, the points being so small, getting ahead is so much more difficult. I remember winning as an A+ and still getting 10 points usually. I never get 5 points as an S rank despite 5 being the default. The weird thing is, even in battles where the whole lobby is full of S ranks, I still don't get 5 points if I win, even though no team has any sort of advantage, or disadvantage. Unless there are other determinants in how you receive points, perhaps?

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
True, but with S rank, the points being so small, getting ahead is so much more difficult. I remember winning as an A+ and still getting 10 points usually. I never get 5 points as an S rank despite 5 being the default. The weird thing is, even in battles where the whole lobby is full of S ranks, I still don't get 5 points if I win, even though no team has any sort of advantage, or disadvantage. Unless there are other determinants in how you receive points, perhaps?
I've noticed that if I manage to get the most splats in a game and am the top player I get more points than if I finished lower than that. Same goes for losing. If I was the best scoring person in the entire match but my team lost, I only lose 3 as opposed to the normal 5.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I've noticed that if I manage to get the most splats in a game and am the top player I get more points than if I finished lower than that. Same goes for losing. If I was the best scoring person in the entire match but my team lost, I only lose 3 as opposed to the normal 5.
Maybe that's it then. I've always thought it was based on how fair/unfair the team match ups were in regards to the ranks of each team. It could be a combination of the two then. I can think of instances where both situations seemingly changed the amount of points won or lost.

For example, I usually play a support role in Splat Zones, so I don't actively try to get many kills. It's a shame that my actions can be instrumental in keeping the zone under control, only to earn less points for a win. Maybe I need to be more aggressive then in that mode.

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
For example, I usually play a support role in Splat Zones, so I don't actively try to get many kills. It's a shame that my actions can be instrumental in keeping the zone under control, only to earn less points for a win. Maybe I need to be more aggressive then in that mode.
I find the best way to win in any ranked match is to not die. Just fulfill the objective but stay alive as best as you possibly can. Even if it means abandoning the Tower because your other allies are down and out. Just stay alive, fall back and push forward when the rest of your team is there. You'll be a point to jump to and however meager your presence, you are still putting slight pressure on the opposing team

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I main support and am currently S 20. That stuff if super helpful in higher ranks man. Getting back into the battle is very important.
Yeah, and not very helpful in B+ or below because when you play support, for some reason, everybody wants to play support, so no one gets the Rainmaker or goes on the tower or paints the Splat Zones, and I wind up having to do it myself. And when I DO get the Rainmaker, everyone scatters and no one backs me up, so I have to proceed by myself! Tower Control is definitely the worst though. I'd be using an E-liter 3K and ride the tower by myself while my teammates are grouped together at the goal near my spawn point! Or they think it's Turf War! What's the deal here?

Me, I was in C+ for a while. I'd win a series of matches and get promoted to B-, then lose every match and drop down to C+ again. At one point, I was almost demoted down to C.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
I've been stuck at B+ and A- for awhile, but yesterday I did a bunch of tag matches with a friend and managed to make it into A rank. It was roughly 10+ matches since I was close to ranking down at the time, but we only lost once (and one teammate wasn't even participating...). Probably some of my best matches in awhile.

I like the two person teams since there seems to be more variety in skill levels and overall, I think the teams are more even. When by myself, I would often face higher ranked players and if in a team of 4 then there were usually a lot of teams of S or S+ players who were really good.

FlyingInk

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MyTurbo6
I had been B+ for a long time and was getting within 2 points from A-. I've recently decided to heck with my rank, so when I get on a losing streak I just keep on playing. I'm now B- and very close to dropping to C+. When I play in the mornings, the teams are mostly Japanese and that’s when I lose the most points. In the afternoons I have more wins, but I see fewer Japanese opponents.

Syd_Vicious3375

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ShelbyLynn08
Yeah, and not very helpful in B+ or below because when you play support, for some reason, everybody wants to play support, so no one gets the Rainmaker or goes on the tower or paints the Splat Zones, and I wind up having to do it myself. And when I DO get the Rainmaker, everyone scatters and no one backs me up, so I have to proceed by myself! Tower Control is definitely the worst though. I'd be using an E-liter 3K and ride the tower by myself while my teammates are grouped together at the goal near my spawn point! Or they think it's Turf War! What's the deal here?

Me, I was in C+ for a while. I'd win a series of matches and get promoted to B-, then lose every match and drop down to C+ again. At one point, I was almost demoted down to C.
I have this problem too! I get the tower and look around and my team is in the middle of the stage and I'm on the other teams side. When my teammates are one the tower I try to walk beside it and keep the other team off while throwing sticky bombs on the tower to discourage takeover. Not everyone needs to be on the tower, but leaving one lonely person to ride with no back up or assistance is never a good idea.

On the team thinking it's a turf war note; Often times when I re-spawn and I'm heading back into the action I will try to cover some ground on my way to charge up my special. That way when I get back to the action my bomb rush is ready to go and I can throw that **** everywhere and push the other team back. :) I know it's important to get back quickly and I don't hang around and ink everything, but I ink a bit along the way.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Well, you can tell if they're really trying to help or not by seeing if their specials activate. Half the time, it never happens (though perhaps they just keep getting splatted, I don't know). But when they launch an Inkstrike and it's, say, targeted at the enemy spawn point when you're playing Rainmaker, then you know they have no idea what's going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom