• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What is your favorite map + mode combo?

maxie

Full Squid
port mackerel is my overall fave but i also love camp triggerfish + rainmaker, anarcho v games + splatzones, kelp dome + splatzones, museum whatever + rainmaker and moray towers + splatzones

Legacy

Inkster Jr.
RM: Flounder Heights and Arowana Mall
SZ: Flounder Heights and Saltspray Rig
TC: Blackbelly Skatepark and Arowana Mall

I don't mind anything for turf.

tux_peng

Inkling
NNID
tux_peng
My fav maps are propbably Pirona Pit & Port Maceral. My least fav would be Blackbelly

Tuff

Full Squid
NNID
Wolfysmash
After playing more of it I think Walleye Tower is really really fun too. Small stage but the slow approach of the tower makes fights really intense and fun.

luna_runes

Inkster Jr.
NNID
lilak-krypt
Splat Zones: Camp Triggerfish, Port Mackerel, Museum d'Alfonsino
I really like maps with two different zones to control, and I just plain love the lanes and spinny stuff in the Museum. I have a pretty good handle on these maps as well.

Tower Control: Ancho-V Games, Flounder Heights
You might call them a gimmick, but I really love the platforms you can raise up in the neutral of Ancho-V games. Flounder Heights has some choice Charger spot and you're not constantly at risk of falling off the Map like in Moray Towers.

Rainmaker: Camp Triggerfish, Hammerhead Bridge, Flounder Heights
Rainmaker is now my favorite mode and I really like it on most maps, but these ones in particular are the best. Camp Triggerfish is just an well-designed map in general. In Hammerhead you're constantly needing to manage two different layers of territory and control vertical space as well as the horizontal. Flounder Heights is just really intense for this mode and when I'm carrying I love using the buildings to switch between lanes on the fly.

Turf War: Ancho-V Games, Blackbelly Skatepark, Mahi-Mahi Resort
Again, I have to praise the platforms you can raise. Not only are they good for evasion and making a temporary nest, but they're also fun to climb up for sneak attacks. The tower and pipes in Blackbelly are really fun to fight over, and I like making nests in the little niches that a lot of people overlook. Mahi-Mahi is cool for the way it changes halfway through the match.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I really like Flouder Heights for RM, Blackbelly for Tower Conrtol, Saltspray Rig for Splat Zones, and Kelp Dome for Turf War

Goob121

Inkling
NNID
Goob121
Splat zones - camp triggerfish, saltspray rig, port mac, pirana pit
rainmaker - pirana pit,
tower control - camp triggerfish, blackbelly skate park, walleye

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
Turf War - Flounder Heights & Camp Triggerfish
Rainmaker - Flounder Heights & Camp Triggerfish

(I like those courses. ;))

I don't play enough of the other modes to have much of a preference, but I don't remember TC on Walleye being too bad.

Random Robot

Inkster Jr.
NNID
AidanZam
Tower Control on Urchin Underpass.

Splat Zones on Museum d'Alfonsino.

Rainmaker on Kelp Dome.

Turf War on Blackbelly Skatepark.

HypernovaSoul

Semi-Pro Squid
Camp Triggerfish + Rainmaker
Piranha Pit + Rainmaker

Desperately wish I'd come across a rotation with these two in that mode, but I don't believe I ever have. But I absolutely love love love those combos. Camp Triggerfish is hands down my favorite stage, one of the only stages I can love in every mode. Piranha Pit, it's funny, I don't really like it in Splat Zones, situationally enjoy it in TC, but it's just so awesome in RM. I love that it makes full use of that huge, dynamic map with a lot of breathing room to move around, and a perfect amount of nooks and crannies for flanks and hiding places. And that final stretch to the goal with the side platform route makes for such thrilling rat races and opportunities for kamikaze runs. If this rotation combo came up, I would honestly play nonstop until it switched lol.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
doing the splatfest and i'm still not liking moray in TW. i think it's just not a good mode for this stage with the thin, long, vulnerable walkways that can be assaulted at any location from any direction

dylan_not_bob

Stardust Crusquider
OG Turf Wars is still my favourite mode to play and my favourite map is Port Mackerel. I do enjoy Splat Zones in Walleye Warehouse and Saltspray Rig though.

Xeze

Inkster Jr.
NNID
XezeMaster
For Turf War any map will do.

Splat Zones - Blackbelly + Walleye Warehouse
Tower Control - Urchin Underpass + Camp Triggerfish/Museum d'Alfonsino
Rainmaker - Kelp Dome + Urchin Underpass

Ellieclaire

Inkling
mahi-mahi resort and moray towers -rainmaker
moray towers and pihrana pit -tower control
walleye warehouse and moray towers -turf wars

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
On most SZ maps, I use Aerospray RG, Splattershot Pro or Sloshing Machine. I heavily gravitate toward a support role in keeping ink coverage in the zone in this mode as opposed to KOs so I use Ink Strike or Bomb Rush as much as possible to keep action happening in our zone. But for some reason on this stage I can't find a good vantage point. I can't really defend myself from attacks from above nor can I maintain a stronghold from the catwalk. I gave up after several losses in a row so I may just need more practice but. Ink Strike is pretty much useless since the zone is so narrow. I just need a different approach.
Wondering if you still need help on this. Anyways:
Gold aerospray? for inkstrikes? it is too long and narrow for that to work, you be slottered from long range and short range. Short range like rollers may move back and forth around the walls and use the splatzone only walls on the end to jump on people that come across the zone.

bridge splatzone is not like the others where you can ink a good amount of it from one spot, with higher skilled people or even carrying it is pretty much divide in 3 parts. Trying to get the zone all at once crosses all 3 of these important parts (or 2 for long shooter) that is asking to be ambushed. If you are having trouble here it is because you are trying to take too much at once. Also it is way to long and narrow to depend on inkstrike cheese, you actually need to splat people first then take the zone. bomb rush is a much better special here. Pro uses a lot of ink, sloshing machine is fun but overall a bad weapon (from what people tell me and mostly takes 3 hits to splat someone? plus spread isn't that great, then aerosray is for the most part last thing you want to use in rank. Personally I use krak on roller for most splatzones and this one if I splat a good number of people I can get a good amount by myself in one pass. Also if you do end up with an advantage at some point remember to start inking other parts of the map and even over walls that the other team has inked. Inking over thier ink means they have to do it again, and in doing show shows where they are.

Here is me carrying it in B ranks so I am not sure how helpful it is but maybe ill help to see how I hang around the walls and stuff:

For my favorites:

Turf war: rig, warehouse.... uh.. prob anything but port... esp with those changes done with morway and mall
Splatzones: Warehouse, camp, port
TC: Anything but pit, pit TC I rage a lot =.=
RM: Anything but rig and skatepark

overall I love the camp the most in all 4 modes too!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Mahi Mahi Splat Zones. It's delightfully simple for my squelcher to control the entire area unopposed. If the enemy team lacks a charger or long-range weapon, I get the rare chance to make it rain with minimal opposition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom