Why Did You Choose That Username?

MarkuChan

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-8198-8262-6218
mine is a nickname given to me by one of my friends. She is a japanese girl with hearing aids, and she doesn't talk much. it was just one of the things that she called me and i thought it was rather cute

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
Mine is an inside joke with my squadmates (we're friends irl).

We were playing a game that involved colours, and I was like, "what if I play green and orange together?"

My friend was like "you mean like Grenorange?"

And then (because we play Sm4sh together as well), we were all screamed/whispered (there's always that one guy), "Pls nerf grenorange!"

And the BB stands for Booyah Brigade, the name of our squad.

ZootFluteRiot

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ZootFluteRiot
My username Pikablu is from when I was younger and the Gen 2 was coming out and we got to see Marill, and everyone thought its name was Pikablu. Even though Marill isn't my favorite Pokémon, I always thought the name Pikablu sounded adorable. As for when I change my name during Splatfests (whatever side I'm on + butt), I'm just being an immature 27 year-old. I'll never forget the time it was Pirates VS Ninjas and I got a friend request that said, "Butt Ninja, you are a true Splatoon Legend".

pinky

Ayah ! Less go!
NNID
tippytrippy
Switch Friend Code
SW-3726-9968-4765
i just combined my favorite anime with my favorite system of all time AND BOOM it rhymed

the

Inkling Commander
Would "because it wasn't taken" be a shallow reason...?

pinky

Ayah ! Less go!
NNID
tippytrippy
Switch Friend Code
SW-3726-9968-4765
no originality is always best

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
My name is a reference to the Aqua Teen Hunger Force episode "Gee Whiz". I thought "J'Wiz" was a much cooler way of referring to Jesus, so I used that instead. After a little bit, I started using the name for my main character in almost every video game I could.

I've used this name shortly after the episode first aired. *looks it up* Well....it seems I've had this username for about 13 years.

Admittedly it's not my community username, and I kinda regret not using that one. Oh well.

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
My username is actually supposed to be a double meaning.

It refers to both the fact that I love toasted foods (for example toast, crumpets and pop-tarts) and the fact that my computers usually have pretty mediocre specs, so it can either mean "I have a toaster, which I use to cook bread." or it can mean "I have a toaster for a computer."

Kinda dorky but hey, dorky's my style. It's also far easier to abbreviate than my old username.

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
My original tag was actually CCM30 way back in the day, which stood for "ChainChompMasta30" bc, when I'd play MK Double Dash, I'd always have at least one of the babies on my team for their Chain Chomp super item.

Then in the years following that, I changed my tag often until one point, when I was part of an organization called vVv Gaming, in which the leader was teaching ppl on how important it was to stick to one tag. As he was saying that, my tag was currently "Rapture" as I was playing Bioshock at the time. So I was like, welp guess I won't change my tag anymore, and stuck with what I had at the moment, Rapture.

And here we are, give or take a "The" depending on the platform lol

iced potato

Senior Squid
It's just something random from Paper Mario.

Whenever I make an account for anything, my usernames always end up being either food related, Paper Mario related or both.

west |-/

Inkling
My username is "west" because it's just the name I always go by online if i'm not using my irl nicknames. "|-/" comes from one of the bands I listen to lmao

Makeshift

Inkster Jr.
NNID
rosesarered14
I picked mine because I like the word. It technically started out with me making my online usernames things like "Makeshift_Unicorn" or "MakeshiftGriffin" and things like that. Eventually I just settled on Makeshift. It's now my Splatoon name and Squidboards name.

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
Maybe you heard of Radio Amateurs? No? Well, Im one of them and my Callsign ends with NBS. And since my father and my brother used there endings for their things in similar ways I called myself NBSgames for my Website, NBScube on Minecraft, NBSink here on Squidboards, NBScode on Github. I just put something related after NBS (cube for Minecraft, code of Github and since you are shooting ink in Splatoon why not put ink after NBS). Even tho: I started to rename myself to NBSgamesAT in a lot of those things.

darktenpura

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1816-5244-1416
Ah..the name
Darktenpura is literally tenpura which is dark
But actually it is a pun of...dark templar(one of the Protoss units in StarCraft franchises)
I used to play StarCraft I and II a lot and my race is Protoss
So...
En taro Adun, my friend.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
well I can try, is it because you are a big fan of Asian culture, specifically the Chinese philosophy?
Yes that's part of it.

Along with that, I have always been interested in darkness and evil things, but also light and good things. I'm more focused on the darker side of things but still have my friends to be there for me.

Then I started to write a fanfic.

I had trouble thinking of ideas, but then my friend sent me a picture (attached down below) and I suddenly had an idea. I would write a fanfic about 2 inklings, one named Yin, and one named Yang. I began crafting the story carefully to go as much from the actual yin and yang concept. The only thing that I couldn't get right was the genders, but I had realized that yin wasn't supposed to be a girl later in the story. Anyway, Yin was basicly a inkling who loved to kill, rushed in and destroyed whatever what in his way. Yang on the other hand, was more cautious, attempting to make peace before attacking, moving smoothly through the battlefield. She was the more resourceful one. When I was writing this, I wrote Yin and my friend (a girl) wrote Yang. We worked in tandem and wrote in sessions, like we still do today.

Then comes the time I decide to join squidboards.

At first I had thought to be one of my other usernames from other websites and I decided to sleep on it. I woke up the next day feeling a little moody and decided to write while I waited for my friend to get up. I continued to write for a while and then decided to look at squidboards.

Then my friend sent me another picture of Yin (also down below). I realized it would make a great profile pic! I went along with the theme and made my username Yin.

I have changed my profile pic (@Shard made one for me) but I'll be rotating between the 2.

Well this took a loooooong time to write. Hope you enjoy

Attachments

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
And then I took on the name of a fellow trap because the character (having had a similar hairstyle during the time) resonated with me and I liked how the name sounded. Years later, it still stuck so it's a common IGN and username even today. Some knowing FE:A still call me "Padre" jokingly. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom